Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DallasNews: Where did Cowboys fans go? Team has biggest hometown viewership drop in NFL

SteveFromYellowstone

I just wanted to get this out there, and I thought this thread would be as good as any. The Cowboys as of right now are playing the worst football in the NFC East. I'll be surprised if they maintain this .500 pace they're on right now. I'm not predicting a final record, but after that result in week one, they seem to have gotten worse every week.

I just wanted to get this out there, and I thought this thread would be as good as any. The Cowboys as of right now are playing the worst football in the NFC East. I'll be surprised if they maintain this .500 pace they're on right now. I'm not predicting a final record, but after that result in week one, they seem to have gotten worse every week.

+1. They might finish ahead of Philly, because they are also a train wreck, but both teams are moving in the wrong direction.

WHHEEERREEE DIIIIIIIDDDD THE BANDWAGONNN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (Where did all the Cowboys go?). This kind of stuff actually makes me nervous. It's only a matter of time before they blow it up down there in Big D and i think we are all happy with the current status quo out there in Dallas.

Hmm... if that was the case then Dallas wouldn't be the top team in sales year after year or franchise value. I doubt anyone could be a "fairweather fan" with the way this team has been overall in the past 15 years.

living in the DC suburbs, i have yet to meet a cowboy fan who can name 5 players on the team. Few actually 'watch' the games. Or, keep watching, after dallas is losing at halftime.

and, no, i'm not kidding.

living in the DC suburbs, i have yet to meet a cowboy fan who can name 5 players on the team. Few actually 'watch' the games. Or, keep watching, after dallas is losing at halftime.

and, no, I'm not kidding.

I remember one fan, a friend of mine back in high school. He knew everything. Could rattle off name after name after name. He was the only one that could do that. The rest that I've come across are are simply trolls/ettention whores. All they do is talk about how bad the Redskins are/were/whatever, and it's like their entire lives revolve around the Redskins and how to make fun of them (as if that is original, or funny), nevermind the fact that we've won more postseason games over the last 15 years than they have.

I can't speak for Cowboys fans in the Dallas Fort Worth area (all joking aside), but the ones around here are annoying as all hell. There are too many Cowboys fans around here, for a city that's over a thousand miles from Dallas, and it has little to do with their love for the Dallas Cowboys, and more to do with their hatred of the Washington Redskins.

The problem isn't talent. For some reason (It may be the water), this team just doesn't know how to be a TEAM. We are individually talented .. but as a team we suck. We have solid contributors from all positions ... yet, we just don't know to win.

Your problem is the Ginger Avenger.

The problem isn't talent. For some reason (It may be the water), this team just doesn't know how to be a TEAM. We are individually talented .. but as a team we suck. We have solid contributors from all positions ... yet, we just don't know to win.

Perhaps they'll try to bring in more former Redskin coaches to provide some inspiration and show them how? :ols:

I don't live in DC anymore. I'm going to assume the ****roaches there are all in hiding? Or do you still see a bunch of cars plastered in crappy dallas stars?

Here in Mobile, they are even more fari-weather then back home. It is easy to find the stars after a win, but you can search high & low, near & far after just A loss, muchless several, & you won't find them running their mouths like usual. Good luck finding them at all. I work with a couple Cowboys fans who have simply given up caring. :ols: Now that makes me smile!

WHHEEERREEE DIIIIIIIDDDD THE BANDWAGONNN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (Where did all the Cowboys go?). This kind of stuff actually makes me nervous. It's only a matter of time before they blow it up down there in Big D and i think we are all happy with the current status quo out there in Dallas.

Fortunately for us, Jerruh likes being the GM & apparently, he doesn't read the papers, so they will continue to do things like this until Jerruh is no longer around (which should be awhile, seeing his affection for plastic surgery & whatever form of 'fountain of youth' juice he's on lately). He thinks the world of Romo sits to pee (which is just hilarious to me) & would rather continue with the merry-go-round of coaches who can't work with such ineptitude, rather than removing the ineptitude itself. I think we're safe for now.

---------- Post added October-26th-2012 at 10:55 PM ----------

+1. They might finish ahead of Philly, because they are also a train wreck, but both teams are moving in the wrong direction.

:D

Works for me. :dallasuck :eaglesuck

---------- Post added October-26th-2012 at 11:00 PM ----------

Does Jerry honestly think he can do a better job playing GM than say, Bill Polian? If I were Jerry I'd be giving him a call

:shhh:

Don't give them any ideas

I actually think the Redskins might have a little to do with some of their fans going away. I remember reading somewhere (probably on ES) how a lot of Baylor fans were going to dump the Cowpies to follow RGIII. Not sure how big of a drop off that would cause, but it couldn't hurt and it'll help us.

I actually think the Redskins might have a little to do with some of their fans going away. I remember reading somewhere (probably on ES) how a lot of Baylor fans were going to dump the Cowpies to follow RGIII. Not sure how big of a drop off that would cause, but it couldn't hurt and it'll help us.

Ugh, bandwagoners tho. I don't know about anyone else, but having the dreggs of the Cowboys fanbase suddenly turning to the B&G doesn't exactly excite me about where THIS fanbase is. They can stay Cowboys fans if they are going to jump ship like that.

Ugh, bandwagoners tho. I don't know about anyone else, but having the dreggs of the Cowboys fanbase suddenly turning to the B&G doesn't exactly excite me about where THIS fanbase is. They can stay Cowboys fans if they are going to jump ship like that.

Why would we want them anyway? All they'll do is make tickets more expensive for guys who go to the games. I hate bandwagoners. I even hate going to the sports bar here and seeing all the clowns wearing those new black so called redskins jerseys, where the **** did that come from? Can't even wear the colors? At first I thought they were Raiders jerseys lol.

Why would we want them anyway? All they'll do is make tickets more expensive for guys who go to the games. I hate bandwagoners. I even hate going to the sports bar here and seeing all the clowns wearing those new black so called redskins jerseys, where the **** did that come from? Can't even wear the colors? At first I thought they were Raiders jerseys lol.

Yeah, I'm surrounded by bandwagoners at work. Over half the crew is into Fantasy Football & every time I mention any team, someone inevitably says "That's my team".

"Wait, didn't you say you liked the _______________?"

"Yeah, I like a couple teams"

":doh: Well, I only root for 2 teams in the NFL. The Redskins & whoever is playing Dallas! 0-16,19-0, I'll always standing here singin' Hail To The Redskins!"

People down here tho are more into their college football. It's either Alamaba, Auburn, or LSU. Most of them will tell you that as far as the NFL goes, they don't have a dog in that fight.

BTW, I can't stand LSU or their fans. They remind me of Eagles fans.

The ability to identify "talented" players is not necessarily the ability to "team build." (Jerry Jones) There are intangibles that go into building an effective team beyond the individual player's abilities. Most people refer to this as "chemistry" or "synergy." Under Vinny Cerrato the Redskins were a case study in how NOT to team build.

It's funny watching the Redskins and the Cowboys vie for the NFC East basement this year. Similar records, but one franchise clearly has a brighter future. Although RGIII is taking some lumps right now and the Redskins are missing a few pieces, they are sitting in a pretty sweet spot over the next few years. While RGIII matures, that'll buy the Redskins enough time to retool where they need to. And while some fans are down on Shanahan right now, he is a coach with a proven track record. I believe it won't be too long before he gets the job done.

The Cowboys, meanwhile, have become the NFL's laughingstock. Everyone but Jerruh knows that he needs to bring in a real GM, but he won't. Garrett is quickly proving that he is not NFL head coaching material, let alone being the NFL's worst playcaller. But Jerruh isn't about to give up on his prize puppet. And then there's the issue with Romo sits to pee. Whether you buy into the Romo sits to pee choke theory or whether you believe Romo sits to pee just doesn't have the O-line and running support he needs, it doesn't really matter. Romo sits to pee is on the decline, not the long-term answer at QB. But you can count on Jerruh is going to sign him to some ridiculous contract. But the biggest joke of all is that ridiculous stadium. It perfectly symbolizes everything that is wrong with the team. It has Jerruh written all over it.

If I were a Redskins fan, I would be kicking back and having a ball seeing the enemy ship sink to the bottom.

Your problem is the Ginger Avenger.

Insert:

Wade Phillips

Bill Parcells

Dave Campo

Chan Gailey

Barry Switzer

Sorry but the problem begins and ends with Jerrah. When the coach is not the last word with the players then you have a disfunctional organization. As Redskins fans we know that as well as anybody. Garrett is just a symptom of the bigger problem in Dallas.

Archived