Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DallasNews: Where did Cowboys fans go? Team has biggest hometown viewership drop in NFL

SteveFromYellowstone

It's funny watching the Redskins and the Cowboys vie for the NFC East basement this year. Similar records, but one franchise clearly has a brighter future. Although RGIII is taking some lumps right now and the Redskins are missing a few pieces, they are sitting in a pretty sweet spot over the next few years. While RGIII matures, that'll buy the Redskins enough time to retool where they need to. And while some fans are down on Shanahan right now, he is a coach with a proven track record. I believe it won't be too long before he gets the job done.

The Cowboys, meanwhile, have become the NFL's laughingstock. Everyone but Jerruh knows that he needs to bring in a real GM, but he won't. Garrett is quickly proving that he is not NFL head coaching material, let alone being the NFL's worst playcaller. But Jerruh isn't about to give up on his prize puppet. And then there's the issue with Romo sits to pee. Whether you buy into the Romo sits to pee choke theory or whether you believe Romo sits to pee just doesn't have the O-line and running support he needs, it doesn't really matter. Romo sits to pee is on the decline, not the long-term answer at QB. But you can count on Jerruh is going to sign him to some ridiculous contract. But the biggest joke of all is that ridiculous stadium. It perfectly symbolizes everything that is wrong with the team. It has Jerruh written all over it.

If I were a Redskins fan, I would be kicking back and having a ball seeing the enemy ship sink to the bottom.

I like how you're trying to defect attention away from the mess that is the Philly franchise (I'm assuming you're a fan of them). While the Cowboys are constantly being hyped up by the media, the Eagles are right there with them (Dream Team, Dynasty, etc). The Redskins, unfortunately, are the only team in the NFC East with a potential long-term answer at QB (Let's face it: Eli is above 30); Romo sits to pee and (especially) Vick are on the decline of their careers apparently.

I'm having a blast watch Reid making dumb moves under pressure from Lurie's warning (firing Castillo, keeping Vick, etc). The Cowboys aren't the only 3-5 team in the NFC East, bro.

Archived