Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rant from a muslim about Taliban shooting14-year old girl

Koala

BTW, P, thank you for the video. I recognized the late Mr. Williams voice instantly and that movie theme was a favortie as a kid.

Andy Williams always looked like such a dork in his TV specials, but if you shut your eyes and just listen to his voice, it really was remarkable. One of the best ever.

Just a side note:

To all the people that say "Islam doesn't allow this" or "this is against the teachings of Islam," please spare us the B.S.

You can pull out quotes which support your argument and I can pull out quotes which contradict those.

In the end, people need to start realizing that no matter who you are, where you're from, we all deserve basic human rights. Unfortunately a lot of people still put too much faith into God and this invisible fellow sitting in the skies watching our every move. Earth to you religious nut jobs...that fellow doesn't exist and no amount of praying will get you anything.

/rant off

Some things pretty clearly are against the teaching of Islam. Show me a quote that proves your point using any widely accepted translation of the Quran, or whats called authentic hadiths

Give me a quote from the above sources that shows that education of women is a crime. And that it is a crime punishable by death. And that capital punishment does not require a trial first.

I cant defend every action of every muslim ever. My intention was to relay disgust and rejection of a very specific case, the case of this 14 year old girl. Like I said, I cannot stem the tide of hatred, nor can I control every single action of every muslim. I can only object to the wrongs I see committed in the name of Islam.

edit: editted for unnecessarily confrontational tone...

Im calling your bluff. Some things pretty clearly are against the teaching of Islam. So put your money where your mouth is. Your allowed to use any widely accepted translation of the Quran, or whats called authentic hadiths (if you dont know what an authentic hadith is, youre in no position to be arguing anything)

Give me a quote from the above sources that shows that education of women is a crime. And that it is a crime punishable by death. And that capital punishment does not require a trial first. Go ahead, Ill be waiting.

I cant defend every action of every muslim ever. My intention was to relay disgust and rejection of a very specific case, the case of this 14 year old girl. Like I said, I cannot stem the tide of hatred, nor can I control every single action of every muslim. I can only object to the wrongs I see committed in the name of Islam. When addressing I dont know what else you want from me, apparently you would have me denounce my religion entirely, and nothing else will satisfy you. Which is a peculiar type of intolerance of its own...

Be aware that I am in your corner on this (in the same way that I am in the corner of ASF or techboy when some fundamentalist Christian does something awful and they say that he or she doesn't represent "true Christianity').

I'm not Christian or Muslim, but I know that every religious group has its ignorant members, and every religion has people that misuse or represent it in order to achieve some other agenda. That is human nature and mob behavior.

By the way, not to sidetrack things, but the girl had the bullet taken out a few hours ago and is reportedly no longer in critical condition.

http://dawn.com/2012/10/10/doctors-to-decide-if-malala-needs-treatment-abroad/

$100,000 bounty now offered by the Pakistan government for capturing the attackers.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2012/10/2012101014927180385.html

That's awesome news.

The girl recovering, not the encouraged continued violence by their government.

---------- Post added October-10th-2012 at 06:14 PM ----------

Be aware that I am in your corner on this (in the same way that I am in the corner of ASF or techboy when some fundamentalist Christian does something awful and they say that he or she doesn't represent "true Christianity').

Why is that only true of religion? ASF pointed out in another thread, that I'm American and represent Americas actions as much as Mad Mike does, yet I've been pro peace to the point of ridicule, where as other people support killing 80k Iraqis because we were attacked by Egyptians, from Pakistan, who were funded by Saudis. I'm affiliated with a "private club", if a member of said club was to get drunk and kill somebody, doesnt he represent me? Same flag, same rocker, same cross.

---------- Post added October-10th-2012 at 06:12 PM ----------

Why is that only true of religion? ASF pointed out in another thread, that I'm American and represent Americas actions as much as Mad Mike does, yet I've been pro peace to the point of ridicule, where as other people support killing 80k Iraqis because we were attacked by Egyptians, from Pakistan, who were funded by Saudis. I'm affiliated with a "private club", if a member of said club was to get drunk and kill somebody, doesnt he represent me? Same flag, same rocker, same cross.

It's not only true of religion. It's true of any human associations. We were just talking about religions.

I would support your right to say that Dick Cheney and Paul Wolfowitz and their actions do not reflect "true American values." In fact, I would not only support you, I would agree with you on the substance because I know a lot more about politics, national security, foreign relations and about how the Iraqi war was sold to us than I know about Muslim or Christian theology.

It is is not right to assume that these societies want to live like this because that is just how they are. Pakistan is a prime example considering how they had like 2 or 3 politicians recently speak out about the blasphemy law they have there and all them were publicly assassinated. How are they supposed to reform their country if every time someone steps up to make a real push they get killed???

It would be a different story if people gave a ****, or even noticed.

Ghandi wouldn't make the A section these days.

Oh I beg to differ, sir. If there were a public appearance by Gandhi it would make breaking network news and world-wide amazement. :paranoid:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/15/world/asia/pakistan-teen-activist-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Pakistani teen activist on way to Britain to recover from shooting

Malala Yousufzai, the Pakistani schoolgirl activist shot in the head by the Taliban, is on her way to Britain for treatment as she struggles to recover from her injuries, the Pakistani military said Monday.

The flight taking Malala, 14, from the military hospital in the town of Rawalpindi to an as yet undisclosed location in Britain is expected to take about eight hours, said military spokesman Maj. Gen. Asim Bajwa.

"The medical team is pleased with her present condition which has been described as optimal," the military said in a statement Monday. That provided the window of opportunity to transfer her to a facility in Britain specializing in care for children with severe injuries, it said.

The decision to send her to Britain was based on the expectation that she will need to have the damaged bones in her skull repaired or replaced, as well as intensive neurological rehabilitation, the military said Monday.

Malala's family was consulted on the matter "and their wishes were also taken into consideration," it said.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2012/10/2012101416273881308.html

Swat Valley on edge after Malala shooting

What do the Clerics say about this matter? I thought they finally said something that any God would be proud of: 1 day ago. Starts off Great!

And then you read:http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2012/10/201210127446942327.html

But the clerics of the SIC said that attacking innocent women and children "was not jihad". They also said the attackers were "agents of Washington", defaming Islam, undermining Pakistan and legitimising the branding of Muslims as "terrorists".

and there you go. 1 step forward, 2 back.

And this is why i play the Shaman or Druid.

Police Question 2 at Pakistani Girl’s U.K. Hospital

(LONDON) — Birmingham Police say they questioned two people at a hospital where a teenage Pakistani activist is recovering after being shot, raising fears about the girl’s security amid pledges by the Taliban to finish the job.

Fourteen-year-old Malala Yousufzai was shot in the head by the Taliban last week as she was returning home from school. She was airlifted to Britain on Monday to receive specialized medical care and protection from follow-up attacks threatened by the militants.

Medical Director Dave Rosser of the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham stressed Tuesday that security was “under control.” He said several individuals had turned up at the hospital claiming to be the girl’s relatives — but didn’t get very far. While he said the people were arrested, police said they had merely been questioned.

• 1 month later...

Islamic hardliners announce fatwa on Malala Yousafzai

Islamic radicals from Great Britain are preparing to announce a fatwa on anti-extremist activist Malala Yousafzai. Malala, a fifteen-year-old girl from Pakistan, was shot in the head by the Taliban after speaking out against Islamic extremists.

British-based Islamic radicals are preparing to announce a fatwa on Malala Yousafzai, the 15-year-old girl shot by the Pakistan Taliban, for her role in standing up to extremists.

Later this month, hardliners plan to gather at the notorious Red Mosque in Islamabad to denounce her as an apostate, accusing her of turning her back on Islam.

Anjem Choudary, who lives in East London and is one of the founders of al-Muhajiroun, which was banned in 2010, said the conference would announce the fatwa.

Although apostasy carries the death sentence according to Islamic law, he insisted he was not calling for Malala’s death.

Click on the link for the full article

Islamic hardliners announce fatwa on Malala Yousafzai

Islamic radicals from Great Britain are preparing to announce a fatwa on anti-extremist activist Malala Yousafzai. Malala, a fifteen-year-old girl from Pakistan, was shot in the head by the Taliban after speaking out against Islamic extremists.

British-based Islamic radicals are preparing to announce a fatwa on Malala Yousafzai, the 15-year-old girl shot by the Pakistan Taliban, for her role in standing up to extremists.

Later this month, hardliners plan to gather at the notorious Red Mosque in Islamabad to denounce her as an apostate, accusing her of turning her back on Islam.

Anjem Choudary, who lives in East London and is one of the founders of al-Muhajiroun, which was banned in 2010, said the conference would announce the fatwa.

Although apostasy carries the death sentence according to Islamic law, he insisted he was not calling for Malala’s death.

Click on the link for the full article

Wow, a fatwa put out on a teenage girl that wanted to go to school. These "hardliners" are total badasses. [/sarcasm]

Archived