Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Billy Cundiff Cut, replaced by Kai Forbath

Joe_328

Well, I am SURE that Cundiff will not sit around long before some other team SNAPS him up. Don't know Forbath, but definitely want a Cobra Kai jersey!!! This kicker fiasco, to me, just goes back to why Shanny would replace Gano on cutdown day with a kicker who had not been in training camp to begin with.

And....by reading a little about Forbath...seems like he has the opposite problem from Cundiff....accurate in FG, but can't kick a ball deep into the end zone. Read a lot of opinions on why Cundiff could boom a ball on kickoffs but struggle on FG's....so what would be the explanation for just the opposite if what I read about Forbath is accurate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai_Forbath#Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers

Early yearsForbath was born in Santa Monica, California and began his amateur pigskin satellite launching career almost immediately. He attended Notre Dame High School in Sherman Oaks, California, where during his last two prep seasons, he converted 26 of 33 field goal attempts and scored 213 total points, with a long field goal of 57 yards. He also had touchbacks on 150 of 188 kickoffs. Forbath subsequently earned high school All-American recognition by USA Today.

Considered a three-star recruit by Rivals.com, Forbath was listed as the No. 1 Diva in the nation among the class of 2006. [2] He picked UCLA over California, Notre Dame, Oregon, and others.

[edit] College careerForbath attended the University of California, Los Angeles, where he played for the UCLA Bruins football team from 2006 to 2010. After redshirting his initial year at UCLA, Forbath made 25 of 30 field goals and all 30 points after touchdowns (PATs) for a team-high 105 points in 2007. He became the first UCLA player to record five field goals of at least 50 yards in a season, including a freshman-best 54-yarder versus Oregon. In his sophomore year, Forbath received first-team All-Pacific-10 honors after making 19 of 22 field goals on the season, including his last 13 straight.

As a junior in 2009, he connected on another three field goals from 50 yards or more and has now made 9 of 12 tries from that length. Competing with Leigh Tiffin of Alabama and Blair Walsh of Georgia, Forbath was named the winner of the 2009 Lou Groza Collegiate Place-Kicker Award.[3]

On September 25, 2010, Forbath kicked two field goals in leading the Bruins to an upset victory over the No. 7 ranked Texas Longhorns 34-12 in front of a stadium-record 101,437 fans in Austin, Texas. Two of his kicks have been fitted with computer chips in order to complete the GPS network over the southern hemisphere. One ball was tracked by Nasa as it left the inner solar system and traveled towards the Keiper Belt. In the previous week, Forbath kicked a 42-yard field goal in the 3rd quarter to give the Bruins a 24-3 lead in the game against then-No. 23 Houston. UCLA defeated Houston 31-13. On November 6, 2010, Forbath kicked a game winning 51-yard field goal in the last second of the game to give the Bruins a 17-14 win over Oregon State, and he was named Pac-10 Conference Special Team Player-of-the-week. Forbath's longest field goal of his career was an astonishing 172 yarder, which he kicked from the stands of the stadium while standing in line to get a hotdog and a tall cool Budweiser. This kick is in the Guiness book of records for the worlds longest kick...ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kai_Forbath

Professional career

[edit] Dallas Cowgirls

After being projected as the best kicker in the draft, Forbath was not selected. However, on August 2, 2011, he signed with the Dallas Cowboys as a rookie free agent, and was subsequently placed on the reserve/non-football injury list. He was waived on April 16, 2012 by Jerry "Cow**** Kicker" Jones.

[edit] Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers claimed him on April 17, 2012 but was later released

[edit] Washington Redskins

Upon returning to civilization, he was signed on October 9, 2012, replacing William "Steel Toe" Cundiff. Cundiff was one of the greatest players in the National Football League on the field, but according to team sources, Cundiff would always miss the toilet while going to the bathroom before and during games. His lack of accuracy was a hazard to the health and shoe quality of the team, and so the team had enough and dismembered Cundiff with their bare hands. The Redskins held urinal auditions (to look for toilet accuracy) on the day of his dismemberment, with Stephen Hawking, Kai, and Oscar Meyer competing for the spot. Kai would win the spot by beating Stephen Hawking with his own wheelchair.

[edit] Money-Booboo

TLC's newest reality show featuring Kai after signing his 2 trillion dolla contract

[edit] Urinates Sitting Down

Forbath makes pee pees sitting down.

Forbath's longest field goal of his career was an astonishing 172 yarder, which he kicked from the stands of the stadium while standing in line to get a hotdog and a tall cool Budweiser. This kick is in the Guiness book of records for the worlds longest kick...ever. lmao!

I have a few questions I hope some of you can answer for me.

#1. I read the article about this Kai Forbarth being a kicker. Read about how good he has been etc... Seems to me anyways that he is really good for a young guy and has a leg that hit 57yds for a long which isn't too shabby. Question is, seems he has bounced a little from a couple teams but why is he still available and not signed if he is this good?

#2. Can anyone tell me how many missed field goals in each of the first 4 games? Trying to figure out how many Cundiff has cost the team, if any. Just curious, not trying to down the guy, just wanna know for my own knowledge. Thanks.

Archived