Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your opionion: Will Griffin play this Sunday?

RG3toMonk

We do want this kid around for a while right? When you don't know either the quarter or the score, it's a sign your brain took a really strong shot. 1 week is not enough, he should sit out this week's game and see how he feels for the next week.

I know Shanny is facing the potential of a hot seat, but RG3 should be shut down this week.

Totally agree. I'd rather lose the next 5 games without RGIII if sitting him means he gets and stays healthy.

Provided he passes the battery of concussion tests, he will 100% play. They will not hold him out just to be cautious unless he fails those tests.

Provided he passes the battery of concussion tests, he will 100% play. They will not hold him out just to be cautious unless he fails those tests.

if he fails even one test or has any symptoms, he will not be allowed to play.

otherwise, he will be out there and I believe he should be.

We do want this kid around for a while right? When you don't know either the quarter or the score, it's a sign your brain took a really strong shot. 1 week is not enough, he should sit out this week's game and see how he feels for the next week.

I know Shanny is facing the potential of a hot seat, but RG3 should be shut down this week.

I am not a doctor much less a neurosurgeon but as I understand it if he passes the tests and scans it means he is not suffering any lasting effects from the concussion and is a safe to play this week as he would be in 2 weeks or 2 months. If he fails the tests - or is even borderline - he will sit, if he passes he is healthy and will play.

I must have missed all the threads about holding Josh WIlson and Aldrick Robinson out the week after they suffered concussions ........

A lot of misinformation and paranoia in this thread

He never blacked out. Shanny said so in the conference.

If he's 100%, he is playing. Just because ppl on here count this as a throwaway year, doesn't mean Shanny does

if the defense can play better (like on Sunday) this season is not over just yet.

the cowboys play the ravens this week, the eagles play the lions, and the giants play the 49ers.

If we can win against the vikings and go 3-3, i'd say there is a pretty good chance that two of the other teams in our division lose this week putting us in the thick of things

Instead of saying this year doesn't count, I look at it as more of a "bonus year". Whatever happens happens. If we go to the playoffs, great. If not, I won't even be mad. Already, I am satisfied this year. Team is getting better. That's all I can ask for... *That doesn't mean I don't get pissed when we lose. It still ruins my Mondays :doh:

I think Griffin will play. I know all concussions are different, but if Robinson can play after being knocked out, I don't see why it would be unreasonable for Griffin to play when he wasn't knocked out.

If he is cleared by the doctors and does well in practice then play him. The doctors know best.

Doctors never make mistakes with these things. Just ask Sydney Crosby.

Of course, if you ask him, you may need to ask him again.

If this was RGIII's third year and we were 4-1, I would be fine with playing him if he passed the tests. This being year one and us being a 2-3 team makes me wonder what the rush is......

---------- Post added October-9th-2012 at 12:19 PM ----------

Considering how careful they have been with RG3

Wait...what?!?!?!?!

They've exposed him to more hits than a welterweight.....

They need to REST Him.

I get it; its exciting to watch him play and he clearly gives us the best chance to win.

If it's late in the season and we are making a playoff push, then fine play him if he passes the tests.

But we're not there. We're just not. Looking at the schedule we have 3-5 more wins in us max. So give Cousins the ball, let Rex backup.

I would give it 2-3 weeks min.

Archived