Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your opionion: Will Griffin play this Sunday?

RG3toMonk

They need to REST Him.

I get it; its exciting to watch him play and he clearly gives us the best chance to win.

If it's late in the season and we are making a playoff push, then fine play him if he passes the tests.

But we're not there. We're just not. Looking at the schedule we have 3-5 more wins in us max. So give Cousins the ball, let Rex backup.

I would give it 2-3 weeks min.

I don't understand what you (and others) would be putting him on the shelf for if he passes all the medical tests. Doesn't passing the medical tests mean that actual doctors have determined he is no longer at an increased risk of further injury? If he isn't at increased risk of further injury what the hell are we benching him for?

At that point it sounds an awful lot like some are advocatin to bench the kid for the season because we aren't very good at football which is definitely NOT a reason to bench him. That same reasoning could be applied to alfred Morris, Ryan Kerrigan, and Pierre Garcon couldn't it?

If he has ANY increased risk of injury because of Sunday's hit then I absolutely agree, hold him out. However, if he is cleared to play by the docs and he has no increased risk as a result of the concussion - he should get his ass out there and keep learning. Period.

I'd rest him. We can beat the Vikings without him....not to say that we will, but we can.

What does that have to do with it? - - oh, and how anyone can look at this football team and think we can beat anyone without our franchise QB is absolutely beyond me.

I feel like I am missing something here. Are you guys saying rest him if his tests come back bad? It sounds like some of you are saying to rest him even if he is fine. That makes no sense.

He plays and learns a big lesson how to slide this isnt mike vick now he is a smart guy and i bet his dad got on him also he has so much support around him and in his ear he will learn really fast
hope he don't come out playing scared like some of QB's have after taking bad hits

We're not going to know anything until later in the week. This article pretty much says it all:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/10/8/3474958/rg3-injury-redskins-concussion-robert-griffin-iii/in/3234173

He's fine, and we'll probably send him out there as soon as medically advisable.

i'm surprised there is no word about if he's passed the remaining tests and if he is cleared for practice tomorrow

---------- Post added October-9th-2012 at 03:18 PM ----------

hope he don't come out playing scared like some of QB's have after taking bad hits

i don't think RG3 will ever play scared. He needs to learn to play smarter and minimize his exposure to hits like that. That hit was 100% avoidable

I don't understand what you (and others) would be putting him on the shelf for if he passes all the medical tests. Doesn't passing the medical tests mean that actual doctors have determined he is no longer at an increased risk of further injury? If he isn't at increased risk of further injury what the hell are we benching him for?

At that point it sounds an awful lot like some are advocatin to bench the kid for the season because we aren't very good at football which is definitely NOT a reason to bench him. That same reasoning could be applied to alfred Morris, Ryan Kerrigan, and Pierre Garcon couldn't it?

If he has ANY increased risk of injury because of Sunday's hit then I absolutely agree, hold him out. However, if he is cleared to play by the docs and he has no increased risk as a result of the concussion - he should get his ass out there and keep learning. Period.

Agreed. If Doctors clear him, he's cleared. If he was at risk of suffering another concussion, they wouldn't put him on the field. And why do people think we are 4 games back in the NFC East already? Have the Giants, Eagles and Cowboys looked like world beaters every week?

^^^that's the kind of response i'm talking about. the season is just over a quarter in and some people want to pack it in already.

Uh, have you seen this team play, with the issues it still has? I'm not saying give up on the season, but any realistic and rational person could see that this team will likely only end up with 4 or 5 wins, but it isn't about that. The only mindset that this team should have right now is what can they do the rest of this season to set them up as best as possible to start off next season, not to go nuts trying to get a couple of extra wins that will prove rather meaningless in the end when they still end up sub-.500. But that being said, I do agree if he passes all tests with flying colors, then yes let him play, because that would be in the best interest of the team (and Griffin) in its continued development. But obviously if there is any doubt at all, then no question give him the game off, not worth the risk as its not as if a playoff season is on the line.

This isn't a knee injury. The doctors are guessing to a certain degree with head injuries.

---------- Post added October-9th-2012 at 03:42 PM ----------

Rest Robert Griffin... :ols:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/550958_4567871677500_1157489044_n.jpg

WE ARE ONLY ONE GAME OUT!!! Season hasn't even started yet. :ols:

In a weird way, doesn't it make sense to bench him before we start playing division games?

I don't think this is a playoff team, but if it is one, it will make it by beating division opponents.

---------- Post added October-9th-2012 at 03:40 PM ----------

Agreed. If Doctors clear him, he's cleared. If he was at risk of suffering another concussion, they wouldn't put him on the field.

I giggled.

The NFC East blows this year.

People say this entirely too often. They said it last year too and the Giants went and won the damn superbowl. The NFC East has 10 wins. There are two divisions in football with more than that, the NFC West and NFC North.

Well, I will be at the game on Sunday as well, and I want to see the RGIII who wears dreads....not the RGIII who Redskin fans dread! If he is cleared to play by the doctors, then it should be up to the coach....and I think that decision will be a go for Sunday barring a concussion symptom related setback this week.

BTW, we couldn't beat the Vikings at home last season with Grossman.....and Peterson went out with the ACL injury, and Ponder was either benched, or knocked out (can't recall)....either way, they beat us with their second team QB and RB.

Archived