Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Robert Griffin III Injury: Updates on Redskins QB's Head

flexxskins

This is posted in the other rg3 concussion thread
I'm pretty sure not everyone knew that an update from RG3 was in that thread.
I can't see this at work. What does it say?
My bad. Here's the quote...

"Thank you for all the prayers & support I'm ok and I think after all the testing I will play next week."

It's nice that RGIII says this, but what else would you expect him to say? The reality is we will find out for sure in a few days when he takes the concussion tests.

I am pretty sure he will pass the tests he needs to pass, but at the same time if there are ANY DOUBTS, they better let him rest. RGIII, and all the intangibles he brings to the position are way more important than a single week of football.

Dang.....I was really hoping Kirk Cousins would be our starting QB for the rest of the year.....

...........Dang. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang!

I bet the national media does think there is QB Controversy smh...

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 08:22 PM ----------

It's nice that RGIII says this, but what else would you expect him to say? The reality is we will find out for sure in a few days when he takes the concussion tests.

I am pretty sure he will pass the tests he needs to pass, but at the same time if there are ANY DOUBTS, they better let him rest. RGIII, and all the intangibles he brings to the position are way more important than a single week of football.

Aldrick said it and it came true! One can hope lol

NFL will look into Redskins' reporting of RG3 injury

Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III went to the locker room during Sunday's loss to the Atlanta Falcons to take concussion tests but the Redskins announced he was "shaken up" and questionable to return to the game.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello confirmed to Gregg Rosenthal of NFL.com and NFL Network that the league is looking into if the Redskins followed NFL rules that require teams be accurate and timely in reporting Robert Griffin III's injury information.

"When he really wasn't sure what quarter it was, what score it was, we knew he had a mild concussion, at least according to the doctors," Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said. "(He) feels good right now, a lot better right now. But that was the situation why he didn't go back into the game."

This is the link but I already quoted everything

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/29684/NFL-will-look-into-Redskins--reporting-of-RG3-injury/Default.aspx

NFL will look into Redskins' reporting of RG3 injury

They look into any hard hit to the head, even if it's not reported. No big deal, no story. As long as he passes the appropriate tests he will play, but he won't do them until Tuesday or Wednesday I believe.

The concussion plan I use is reliant on symptoms. Any symptoms during the first week (including headache, nausea, confusion, etc) and we return to square 1. If you pass first week, then start light workouts for a week. It goes stepwise from there. Proceding to the next step is contigent on the absence of symptoms the preceding week.

Of course, these are guidelines for teen athletes. NFL perhaps does differently.

Archived