Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Telegraph: Couples who share the housework are more likely to divorce, study finds

btfoom

I wonder this as well. Guys generally like fixing stuff, working with their hands, putting stuff together, etc. Loading the dishwasher is basically just putting something together. Yet somehow they manage to just throw **** in there like a tornado came through while they were doing it.

Thank you!! This is exactly what they do- just throw crap in there! :ols: And b/c of how they load it, it takes like 2 or 3 full dishwasher cycles for like 12 dishes/pots/pans/whatever. I have never understood this LOL.

I wonder this as well. Guys generally like fixing stuff, working with their hands, putting stuff together, etc. Loading the dishwasher is basically just putting something together. Yet somehow they manage to just throw **** in there like a tornado came through while they were doing it.
Speed. The answer is speed. Tornado-style dishwasher loading is much faster than careful dishwasher loading. Tornado-style loading can be accomplished during one commercial break.

Speed. The answer is speed. Tornado-style dishwasher loading is much faster than careful dishwasher loading. Tornado-style loading can be accomplished during one commercial break.

But then you end up with bowls and glasses that don't really get clean, they just get left with a pool of leftover water/crumbs. Plus, if you don't take a couple minutes to put the puzzle together then you're stuck doing it again in an hour bc you didn't maximize space.

My wife is from Peru and she never had a dishwashing machine in her country. I had to show HER how to load the dishwasher.

I can only wonder what your dishwasher looks like when it's "fully loaded" :D

Are you kidding? Dishwasher loading is straight up spacial reasoning. I can literally fit twice as much stuff in there as my wife, and everything washes well because I carefully calculate water stream trajectories:dunce: when I hear the thing running and I know I didn't load it, I expect to find 3-5 horizontally placed items in there. It used to get me but I've learned to live with it.

Interesting, b/c this is what I've found normally happened when my ex used to load it, or when my son does now- except there are typically 5-7(minimum) horizontally placed items I find (full of water if they're cups/bowls/etc) which pretty much constitutes the ENTIRE load :( Drives me bananas LOL!!!

You mean to tell me that I can get as much tail from as many women as I like, but as long as she does all the chores our chances of divorce will go up? Talk about your win-win situation. :king: <----pimp

:ols: I have no doubt if you get as much tail as you want from as many women as you want and THEY do all the housework, your chances of divorce will more than likely not just go up, but probably quadruple times a thousand.

:ols: I have no doubt if you get as much tail as you want from as many women as you want and THEY do all the housework, your chances of divorce will more than likely not just go up, but probably quadruple times a thousand.

:ols:

I'll only say this: it's BS

What about same sex couples? Hmmmmm?

That's easy, just have one of them do all the work. Flip a coin for it before the union....

Good question. I wonder if the statistics are the same?

I would think so, the conflict comes from overlapping responsibilities imo.

some can make it work, but like the dishwasher bit,conflict arises.

If I had to fold laundry in a manner to please my wife blood would be shed.:ols:

I have no problem doing housework/cooking, but not to anothers standards

What about same sex couples?

Pfft, what about unicorns for that matter? :D

I'm a dishwasher at the cafe I work at. I'm the line and prep cook too, but I also wash all the dishes. I was going to make a Mexican joke, then thought about an equipment/I'm too broke joke, then it dawned on me, it's me. :ols:

Seriously, what is the deal with guys NOT knowing how to load the dishwasher lol??? It has to be one of the easiest household chores, yet most guys absolutely stink at it!

Truth be told, I hate dishwashers. I actually will do dishes before loading a dishwasher because I don't trust them to get the dishes clean like I like them clean. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to clean dishes.

Truth be told, I hate dishwashers. I actually will do dishes before loading a dishwasher because I don't trust them to get the dishes clean like I like them clean. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to clean dishes.

But if loaded correctly, between the detergent used and the temperature of the water, it will get your dishes cleaner than doing them the old fashioned way.

Plus, I always rinse mine thoroughly before putting them in the dishwasher which ensures they get sparkling clean :D

But if loaded correctly, between the detergent used and the temperature of the water, it will get your dishes cleaner than doing them the old fashioned way.

Plus, I always rinse mine thoroughly before putting them in the dishwasher which ensures they get sparkling clean :D

Yeeeeaaahh.....did I fail to mention that I'm a bit of a control freak about that too?

I honestly don't mind doing the dishes. But all too often I'll pull a fork out of the dishwasher & it still has food on it.

I would think so, the conflict comes from overlapping responsibilities imo.

some can make it work, but like the dishwasher bit,conflict arises.

If I had to fold laundry in a manner to please my wife blood would be shed.:ols:

I have no problem doing housework/cooking, but not to anothers standards

You're probably right about the stats being the same due to overlapping responsibilities actually. And yeah, you brought another pet peeve- guys and folding laundry do not go well together at all.

You're probably right about the stats being the same due to overlapping responsibilities actually. And yeah, you brought another pet peeve- guys and folding laundry do not go well together at all.

If you rolled it like it should be done there would be no creases :pfft::evilg:

How do you fold mens underwear wrong?:silly:....just ask my wife ,she is the authority on the proper fold :saber:

I have never had a problem with dishwashers, unless I am dealing with one who doesn't speak English well.

(was that really bad? :D)

:ols: Yes! But it was still funny!

---------- Post added September-28th-2012 at 07:17 PM ----------

If you rolled it like it should be done there would be no creases :pfft::evilg:

How do you fold mens underwear wrong?:silly:....just ask my wife ,she is the authority on the proper fold :saber:

Humphhh...there is a proper way to fold everything!!!!! Yes, even fitted sheets.

I can load a dishwasher. What's so hard about neatly putting dishes on a rack. What type of dudes yah mess with :ols:

You mean to tell me that I can get as much tail from as many women as I like, but as long as she does all the chores our chances of divorce will go up? Talk about your win-win situation. :king: <----pimp

Actually the "study" says giving girls more chores will incline them to stay.

Well what the hell do you do with yours? Throw them in the drawer?

Of course that's what I use to do. (I actually quit that habit, along with sock when I moved to paradise. I usually wear board shorts)

I can not fathom ever folding underpants or even caring if they were folded. The novelty of having socks tucked together is cool. When I use to drop off my laundry, they would do that.

Folding underpants is such a zero useless waste of the gift of life, I would rather do any other useless waste of time task. After that, do you make fresher ice cubes? Sweep clean floors? Give your toilet a good flushing? Make sure the door hinges still work in the bathroom? Nuts to that, stuff them in the drawer and go lay in the grass for two minutes and look at the clouds.

Archived