Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Telegraph: Couples who share the housework are more likely to divorce, study finds

btfoom

Of course that's what I use to do. (I actually quit that habit, along with sock when I moved to paradise. I usually wear board shorts)

I can not fathom ever folding underpants or even caring if they were folded. The novelty of having socks tucked together is cool. When I use to drop off my laundry, they would do that.

Folding underpants is such a zero useless waste of the gift of life, I would rather do any other useless waste of time task. After that, do you make fresher ice cubes? Sweep clean floors? Give your toilet a good flushing? Make sure the door hinges still work in the bathroom? Nuts to that, stuff them in the drawer and go lay in the grass for two minutes and look at the clouds.

Hrmmmm....interesting.

I'd say when couples start caring who folds the underwear or worse, who didn't, there is a larger problem.

Ya darn tooting, thats why I leave the folding to her .....and the thermostat, durn women with hot flashes

Next thing ya know they are breaking out the scented candles :pfft:

I am magnificent loading a dishwasher. Everything has a place. Too bad I haven't had one in years.

The trick is to rinse all of your dishes before you put them in and wash the large things by hand. The dishwasher is for sanitation, not cleaning chunks and smears of food off.

I've gotten good at handwashing dishes too. I'm very thorough.

I am magnificent loading a dishwasher. Everything has a place. Too bad I haven't had one in years.

The trick is to rinse all of your dishes before you put them in and wash the large things by hand. The dishwasher is for sanitation, not cleaning chunks and smears of food off.

I've gotten good at handwashing dishes too. I'm very thorough.

Need a job?

Showed this to my wife, she basically echoed what others said, it's most likely because the women who are doing all the chores (and unhappy with it) are more reliant on their husbands for money, etc. so divorce is harder for them to contemplate. My question is, is there a study on marriages where the woman does most of the chores and still works :ols: Admittedly though, I'm willing to pick up my share of labor around the house if it means being a two income family.

Humphhh...there is a proper way to fold everything!!!!! Yes, even fitted sheets.

This is false. There is no way to properly fold fitted sheets. Confounding, I tell you.

I disagree with the study only looking at divorce rates. So much goes into that, so a general trend based off one characteristic is not going to be definitive.

I am inclined to agree with those saying that a woman who does all the housework is likely a stay-at-home (nothing wrong with that at all), and is likely to have children (hence staying at home), and so has more on the line and more reason to make things work, than a couple who splits the chores and both of whom likely work, hence the splitting of chores.

No , I do work for a living though

we can't all sit around folding underwear and annoying liberals :silly:

Impressive. You do make a valiant effort. :silly:

---------- Post added September-29th-2012 at 11:37 AM ----------

I hang everything up. I go to a laundromat usually and just empty my dufflebag on the floor by the washers. Then I pick up stuff in no particular order and stuff them in. When the wash finishes, I just pull it out and shove it in the dryer. If it hits the ground, I pick it up and shove it back in. I get it mostly dry, kinda, then stuff everything into my dufflebag and go home. If it's real wet, like a towel, it goes on the line, if it's pretty dry, into the closet on a hanger.

Easy as pie. Folding fitted sheets? Oh boy.

[/color]I hang everything up. I go to a laundromat usually and just empty my dufflebag on the floor by the washers. Then I pick up stuff in no particular order and stuff them in. When the wash finishes, I just pull it out and shove it in the dryer. If it hits the ground, I pick it up and shove it back in. I get it mostly dry, kinda, then stuff everything into my dufflebag and go home. If it's real wet, like a towel, it goes on the line, if it's pretty dry, into the closet on a hanger.

You put them in the closet when they're still damp???? My laundry has to be totally 100% dry before I put them away.

Archived