Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Telegraph: Couples who share the housework are more likely to divorce, study finds

btfoom

In Norway.

Good luck telling your wife you don't want to take out the trash because you're worried about your marriage and possible divorce.

Sounds like classic confusion of correlation with causation. Either some other variable(s) is really in play here or it could be just a spurious correlation.

Yeah right, if there is anything I know all about it's the definition of fast and loose. :silly:

Brandy, try washing your hair with vinegar just once.

Just regular old vinegar? Any kind? And my hair is pretty thick and long, so I have to use conditioner after I wash it. Will the vinegar still work if I do this? And what exactly does it do to make your hair look so great? Does it make really smooth,shiny, etc?

Just regular old vinegar? Any kind? And my hair is pretty thick and long, so I have to use conditioner after I wash it. Will the vinegar still work if I do this? And what exactly does it do to make your hair look so great? Does it make really smooth,shiny, etc?

Just take some white wine vinegar in the shower. Pour it over your head, let it sit for a minute and then rinse it out. Your hair will smell like vinegar until it dries. Use nothing else but vinegar.

It strips all the residue out of your hair left by shampoo and conditioner. Try it. What's the worst that could happen? You wash your hair again in two hours?

If it works, you saved a ton of plastic bottle waste, stopped pouring strange chemicals on your head and into the drain and saved a butt load of money.

Just take some white wine vinegar in the shower. Pour it over your head, let it sit for a minute and then rinse it out. Your hair will smell like vinegar until it dries. Use nothing else but vinegar.

It strips all the residue out of your hair left by shampoo and conditioner. Try it. What's the worst that could happen? You wash your hair again in two hours?

If it works, you saved a ton of plastic bottle waste, stopped pouring strange chemicals on your head and into the drain and saved a butt load of money.

Very interesting. I might try this and see if it works!

Truth be told, I hate dishwashers. I actually will do dishes before loading a dishwasher because I don't trust them to get the dishes clean like I like them clean. I'm a bit OCD when it comes to clean dishes.

I do that too. I clean them and get the main gunk off, but the dishwasher is mainly for sterilizing.

How in the heck does a grown man not know how to wash clothes, fold clothes, wash dishes, fill a dishwasher, put on deodorant :silly: , etc. ? That's amazing.

I grew up with chores. And like Dallsux stated, I wash the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher too. My parents, to this day use the dishwasher for storage (they have plenty of cabinets).

They think it is a waste...I think it is a waste to let them air dry, or to hand dry them.

How in the heck does a grown man not know how to wash clothes, fold clothes, wash dishes, fill a dishwasher, put on deodorant :silly: , etc. ? That's amazing.

I grew up with chores. And like Dallsux stated, I wash the dishes before I put them in the dishwasher too. My parents, to this day use the dishwasher for storage (they have plenty of cabinets).

They think it is a waste...I think it is a waste to let them air dry, or to hand dry them.

I know how to do it all just fine.

My mom did it until I was 13, then she got cancer and died and my Dad stopped coming around because he was too sad and drunk. I've never really lived with a girlfriend for too long. I figured it out all on my own.

Deodorant has aluminum in it. I watched my grandmother fade with Alzheimer. I won't go like that.

You anti-dishwasher folks are crazy. If I had a dishwasher my hands would never touch a sponge again.

Clearly you've never used a dishwasher. Don't believe the ads that they can wash off all that baked-on, caked-on food. Ain't happenin'. Sponges are still necessary.

Clearly you've never used a dishwasher. Don't believe the ads that they can wash off all that baked-on, caked-on food. Ain't happenin'. Sponges are still necessary.

They work wonderfully for people with low standards such as myself. As long as the filth stays stuck to the plate and doesn't come off as I'm eating, it's clean.

I've lived in my house for 10 years. It was built just after WW2. No room for a dishwasher. Every dish must be washed by hand. I would kill for a dishwasher at this point.

Thankfully my girls are getting older and soon that chore will fall on them.

I've lived in my house for 10 years. It was built just after WW2. No room for a dishwasher. Every dish must be washed by hand. I would kill for a dishwasher at this point.

Thankfully my girls are getting older and soon that chore will fall on them.

Do you only have girls, or do you have boys too? If you have boys, will you have them do the dishes too?

My brother is an interesting fellow. When he is single, he does his own laundry, ironing, housecleaning, dishwashing...well you get the picture. As soon as he has a woman living with him, it's like he forgets how to do all that stuff and the woman does all that for him. He's on his 3rd marriage, and luckily for him she's an old fashioned woman who does the inside chores while he does the outside chores, just how he likes it.

For me and a live-in partner, we divide up the chores as to who likes to do what, and the leftover chores are divided evenly. Sometimes we divide the chores by area and take turns rotating the areas. Either way is good for me. The best is when we have a lawn service and a maid service and then we just have to do everyday stuff like cooking and washing dishes. But I haven't had a maid service in several years, but I do have a lawn service. They also shovel driveways which came in handy when we had that big snow several years ago.

Archived