Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Orleans Saints Bounty Suspensions OVERTURNED!! I AM HUGE

Sizzla3000

It doesnt hurt our chances at all people. Vilma still has a hurt knee and is doubtful to play. Will Smith can play but do you guys and gals honestly believe he's gonna come in with no camp and be a probowl type player game 1? I don't at all.

This.

Look, first off, I have seen no evidence that tells me that these players were truly out to hurt other players. Seems to me that would be "bad business" so to speak. All these guys play a tough & violent sport & injuries are bound to happen, but to take the chance of intentionally hurt others...? In this day & age, I just don't see it. So, the lack of evidence allowed this panel to overturn their suspensions. I don't disagree with this.

And I agree that they probably won't even play this week against us anyway. I almost hope they do.

Smith is the only factor for us on Sunday, but it still makes NOLA stronger. <sigh> From ESPN:

"Let’s start with Smith. The Saints probably could have gotten by with Turk McBride, Junior Galette and Martez Wilson sharing Smith’s spot. But this team is much better with its best pass-rusher, especially when you consider the Saints open against the Washington Redskins and rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III on Sunday. Smith didn’t practice this week, but he went through training camp and is in good shape. I think it’s safe to say Smith will be even more motivated than usual this weekend."

I am so afraid the Saints are going to put a bounty on RG3 since they got away with it but the Redskins spending money in an uncapped year and a classless owner in their division that was over the cap says I need money and the Redskins get punished, I am so angry right now, I am really starting to hate the NFL it has it favorites and gives them everything they want

Shocked at first I was, big deal this is not. Football shape Vilma and Smith won't be.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/07/new-orleans-saints-appeal-bounty-suspensions_n_1865836.html?utm_hp_ref=sports

Earlier this week, Saints interim head coach Aaron Kromer said Smith, who participated in training camp and the preseason before he began serving his four-game suspension on Monday, would be ready to play against Washington if available.

Mistaken I was, sorry I am, big deal this still is not, Will Smith fear we should not.

HUGE is the OP?? Fassbender are you??

Shocked at first I was, big deal this is not. Football shape Vilma and Smith won't be.

:ols: Our weekly visit from Yoda this is.

I've read where Vilma is on the PUP list & Smith has been practicing with the team up until this week. So I would expect to see Smith at least close to football shape.

That said, I'm still not concerned. I think people persist in overlooking us due to our history & what they think is a schoolyard battle between the wimpy kid & the POed bully. I just don't see it that way. They have consistently overlooked us & while it's aggrivating, it's also good for us. All the pressure is on the Saints to win, because that's the expectation. In fact, I just heard Tony Kornheiser say that no one should bet on the Redskins this week, especially now, because they are "gonna lose-BIG!"

I am not worried about the Aints. :saintsuck

So no one thinks the 'I AM HUGE' thing is a little awkward? If it has said 'PICS INSIDE!!!' I never would have opened this thread.

Also I think its bull**** that we broke the spirit of an imaginary cap and are going to be paying for it for two years while these guys get to injure whoever the hell they want and get away with it.

Hows does a cap have a spirit anyway?

Do all caps go to heaven?

Do you have to be a good cap to get there????

All these things need answers people!

EDIT: well at least im not the only one who wondered.

I actually have no problem with this as well. No proof no suspensions. They were obviously overturned because they had no right to be suspended in the first place.

Don't get all butthurt just because we're the first team they play. If anything they might come in lax, considering the overturning a victory. No more ANGRY saints.

I actually have no problem with this as well. No proof no suspensions. They were obviously overturned because they had no right to be suspended in the first place.

Don't get all butthurt just because we're the first team they play. If anything they might come in lax, considering the overturning a victory. No more ANGRY saints.

I don't think many teams go into season openers lax, especially not home openers.

Who cares if they ARE angry anyway? Sometimes, having an angry opponent is good. It'll be easier to get them off their games, get into their heads. A little pushing of the right buttons & suddenly you're dealing with someone out of control who can't think straight. Could be good for us!

:saintsuck

Who cares if they ARE angry anyway? Sometimes, having an angry opponent is good. It'll be easier to get them off their games, get into their heads. A little pushing of the right buttons & suddenly you're dealing with someone out of control who can't think straight. Could be good for us!

:saintsuck

The talent gap is the bigest challenge, obviously. It'll be a testament to the coaching staff if (when) the Skins can pull it off.

The talent gap is the bigest challenge, obviously. It'll be a testament to the coaching staff if (when) the Skins can pull it off.

Meh. As I've said, I'm not as worried as most, apparently. Maybe it's my way of balancing out all those who are waving their white flags & ready to call the game in because they're scared of the Saints. I certainly hope the Skins don't play scared, because if they do, they will lose. Like I said, all the pressure is on the Saints to win this, & win it big. The Redskins can "relax" & just play their game. I have confidence in the talent we have & the coaching staff to gameplan well for the Saints & play a good game.

I'm ok with the over turning of the suspensions. Its the timing that annoys me. We found out about the cap penalties the day before free agency and now we find this out two days before game day. You spend a lot of time planning for these things and then get this curveball thrown at you? The NFL needs to get its s together real fast. These "penalties" seem unorganized.

I'm not incredibly worried about Will Smith, to be honest. He is a good DE but he isn't some out-of-control-unstoppable-force-of-nature pass rusher. He happens to be the best on a pretty mediocre D line. Even with Smith, the Saints pass rush hasn't been very good the last couple of years. Besides, we have a pretty damn good LT to deal with him.

It's absolutely ridiculous and a farce of justice that those suspensions were overturned. Those scumbags had a scheme to intentionally injure players for bounties. They should not go unpunished. It's known that idiots like Vilma and the rest of them were doing this. They should face justice. THe fact that they are allowed to suit up Sunday is absolutely ridiculous.

There is no logical reason why those suspensions should be overturned. None.

No I agree with this... You don't punish the players for this. It was a system set up by the coaches. The players just do what they are told... Punish the coaches and if you want to fine the players fine, but shouldn't suspend them. Glad with this outcome.

The Appeals Panel did not overturn the suspensions. It returned the case to Goodell to revisit the suspensions based on the Panel's framing of the issues. The Panel found that there were two different violations of the CBA: 1) an undisclosed agreement to compensate players and 2) an agreement to injure opposing players. Category 1 violations penalties can only be imposed by the System Arbitrator. Category 2 violations penalties can only be imposed by Goodell. Because the Panel could not determine whether the suspensions were based on category 1 or 2 violations, it sent the case back to Goodell.

The Appeals Panel decision is attached.

[ATTACH]47204[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47202[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47205[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]47203[/ATTACH]

Archived