Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You have just been named NFL commissioner with unlimited authority

Sticksboi05

What will our Season Record be in 2012?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What will our Season Record be in 2012?

I think you are making several points for me Spiff...along with the one you quoted.

The draft would actually be important. The players would have to play out their contracts or be traded to improve.

The fans would be back in full force to support their favorite players.

And even more...

Put a team in LA...probably the Raiders again.

Move Jax out of Florida. Maybe OK City or Portland.

Realign the entire league to create better rivalries for teams that overlap markets….and rename the divisions with names of NFL Greats. Yes, that makes me unpopular because it kicks Dallas out of the NFC “East”. But, I don't care.

Expand rosters by 20 players active and 10 on the PS. Teams can afford that now.

Spring Developmental League from Feb to June....in the United States.

On-field rivalries are fine. I was talking about this on Reddit, but NFC East and North rivalries are as strong as they were back in the day

Everyone in those divisions hates each other deeply

I don't think true at all. Every Dallas game there's quotes about how it's not bigger than any other game for us. Players don't really treat those games differently anymore. It just isn't the same in any sport as it used to be. The NHL has probably kept its historical rivalries the most.

Look at what's going on in Philly with the Nats. Hell, I go up to Western PA all the time. Trust me....the Ravens/Steelers rivalry is mostly ESPN/NFL created. If the Browns were as good as the Ravens, Steeler fans wouldn't give two ****s about Baltimore. Nobody considers the Ravens their #1 Rival.

I don't get up for "Dallas" Week anymore. I think the idea is stupid. Like we're looking up to another franchise. Those "Beat Philly" or "Beat NY" t-shirts are lame. How about..."Beat Everybody"? The Giants and Eagles are regionally close with us. So, It make sense to be in the same division.

Topless cheerleaders.

Maybe a point system for Field Goals - 3 for inside 40, 4 for 40 - 50, 5 for 50 or more (something like that).

Create a legal league wide bounty system and put Greg Williams in charge of it.

Move Dallas to the South where they belong so the Skins wont have to lose to them so often. Skins are 7-22 since 1997 vs. Dallas. Time for a change!

Uncomplicate the rules. Make them more black and white and less gray. The refs shouldn't have to interpret the rules on the fly. It's either a yes or a no. This is too expansive to even give proper justice right now.

Move kickoffs back to the 30 yard line.

Eliminate the active roster limitations of 45 players.

Expand the practice squad to 10 players.

Break the IR into two sections: 8 game IR and season IR.

Agreed with someone who said before about the Pro Bowl & the skills contest.

Hire officials on full time.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

1) move kickoffs back to the 30

2) make it illegal for a ball carrier to stiff arm a face mask of a defender.

3) every player on the 53 man roster is eligible to dress and play

4) eliminate the Tuck Rule. A fumble is a fumble

5) go to college system for replays. I hate that it takes a ref 10 minutes to walk to the hood

6) make refs full time

7) Move the Rams back to LA (Someone said Raiders, but they are synonymous with Oakland) and move the Jags to St. Louis.

8) Move the Cowboys to the South dvision (with NO, Atl, TB) and move Carolina to the East.

9) Eliminate all the pansy QB rules (blow to the head, low hit, blah, blah, blah)

10) Eliminate PSLs so average fans don't have to sell tickets to opposition, restoring home field advantage

11) bring back endzone celebrations (like the fun bunch, dirty bird). Just let the teams know, they can celebrate all they want, but once the ref puts the ball down, the playclock starts, meaning you better make your celebration quick.

12) Go back to old rules for OT (both sides of the ball are paid the same). A coin flip doesn't determine the winner. How the players play determines the winner.

While that would make sense, it just won't seem right if them bammas are out of the division...

I knew some would not like that, but they are the only team in the NFL that didn't get placed in their true geographic division. Some would say the Rams, but the NFC simply ran out of west coast teams. So my solution is to move the Rams back to LA (they would stay in the NFC West) and the Jags to St. Louis (they would stay in the AFC South).

1. Like with the baseball one, I'm ignoring the financial implications and eliminating the wild cards. You want to make the playoffs, win your division and earn your way in. I wouldn't mind a caveat to that stating that if you can't achieve at least a .500 record, than the best 2nd place team from another division gets to take your place. Not as a wild card, they would get to be the division champion for that season, forever an asterisk that your team and the three others in your division sucked too much to send someone to the playoffs that season.

2. Relaxing the rules on hitting QB's. Not concerning late hits, I mean I'm not having defenders be flagged anymore for tapping a guy after he releases a pass, that's BS. In that vein, I think I'd relax some of the rule changes made recently that handcuff defenders to open up the game for more passing. I get excited by tough defense, I don't need offensive shootouts. Make the QB's/WR's earn their stats again.

3. Automatic one year suspensions for drug vioaltions, just like I said in the baseball one. None of this 4 game BS. Have some control and wait till the offseason.

4. I'd relax some of the rules on formations, how many people have to be on the line at the snap, etc. If I'm going to give the defense more leeway in what they can do, I don't want the offenses restricted either. The only people required to be "on the line" at the snap are the O-linemen. I'm envisioning 4 wide sets where all four are on one side of the formation, lined up vertically behind each other, or six running backs in the backfield in some sort of power formation. That would be awesome.

5. Two chicks at the same time.

I'd make a TV deal option where you can purchase live viewing rights for one NFL team of your choice for a fair 100.00 per season fee for out of market fans via cable/satellite/online.

It's feasible and it's past due... stop being so greedy and cut Direct TV off your jock.

Did someone say contract the Cowboys? Also, all refereeing should be done remotely, with flags shooting up from the ground for penalties. The whistle should be operating remotely as well, and should be an enormous gong on the side line.

Edit: Actually, for 15 yard penalties there should be a red plume of smoke shot up from a jet under the field. Also, touchdowns should be worth 10 points, and extra points should be worth 3. Field goals should be 1 point.

Oh, and Mara is done with being on any NFL Committees. However he worked that to go after two division rivals was shady at best. Well, I'd have ownership committees rotate every few seasons so nobody can get themselves into a situation where they can hurt other teams/owners they personally dislike, or help their team too much.

Also, Uniform rules would be relaxed some. Teams can have multiple alternative uniforms because selling those goes to all the teams. Players can wear any number they want. If a QB wants to be #33. that's fine. A WR or DB with a #6, whatever.

The NFL will have their own doctors on every sideline so when a guy like Vick gets dinged, Andy Reid can't put him back in a series later. Its dangerous and unprofessional.

A booth ref will do all reviews so the guys on the field don't need to worry about going to the sideline. Also, refs will be hired on a full time year round basis with better pay, but harsher reviews after games and the season.

Teams can challenge flags that don't stop play. Holding and Blocks in the back for example. Again, with booth refs, it should be a quick review.

Owners are not allowed on the sidelines during games.

1. Assmilate the UFL and create a new US-based, NFL europe style summer league to help develop better talent for the league overall and help make football literally year-round. Focus on a smaller large markets, like Hampton Roads.

2. Move Pro-bowl to first pre-season game, making the insentive for players being the first chance to actually play football before anybody else. Ex: 2012 probowl rosters would play each other in first preseason game of the 2013 season.

I agree with a skills type challenge kept in Hawaii, but this new style pro-bowl game should be the new HOF game in Canton form now on.

3. Expand rosters for active and practice squad.

4. Reduce strangle-hold on TD celebrations. This is an entertainment business, and its supposed to be a game that's supposed to be fun. Relax...

5. Stop enabling Jacksonville and their lackluster fan base and move the Jaguars to LA already...

6. I'd also like to see at least one preseason / regular season game in Africa. Just to try it..

11) bring back endzone celebrations (like the fun bunch, dirty bird). Just let the teams know, they can celebrate all they want, but once the ref puts the ball down, the playclock starts, meaning you better make your celebration quick.

I was gonna say this and move the kick off back where it used to be. You can really just say put everything back how it was before Goodell took over.

I would also stop giving exclusive rights of video game football to Madden. Madden keeps releasing the same game year in and year out. I liked NFL 2k better anyway. I think since Madden knows there is no competition they can keep putting out the same BS.

\

I would also stop giving exclusive rights of video game football to Madden. Madden keeps releasing the same game year in and year out. I liked NFL 2k better anyway. I think since Madden knows there is no competition they can keep putting out the same BS.

I think people saying that 2K was a better football game than Madden is suffering from nostalgia. Which isn't bad, but they tried to come out with that All-Pro Football and it sucked hard. No matter if it was real players or not, that game sucked.

But that is not the point...

The last good Madden that game out was 2005. Care to take a guess when was the last NFL2K game made?

Another thing I would like to do is find a way to make an Interleague week.

Redskins vs Ravens

Giants vs Jets

Cowboys vs Texans

Eagles vs Steelers

Rams vs Chiefs

Seahawks vs Broncos

Cardinals vs Chargers

49ers vs Raiders

Bucs vs Dolphins

New Orleans vs Jags

Panthers vs Bengals

Falcons vs Titans

Bears vs Colts

Packers vs Patriots

Vikings vs Bills

Lions vs Browns

I would do it in a way that it falls on the first Sunday after the World Series. It will also add to some existing out of conference rivalries. This game would replace one of the conference divisional pace games. And if something were to happen like that this year, then the Redskins will be playing the Ravens twice...

If you can't tell, this is something I have been thinking about for years. :ols:

I would outlaw the use of hands and arms to play the ball. And instead of an endzone the ball would have to enter a rectangular frame, oh about 8 feet tall by 24 feet wide. I would make the ball round.

But seriously, I would reduce the amount of time between plays to 15 seconds and disallow calling plays in from the sidelines. Reduce roster size so more players would have to go both ways. Reduce commercials. I would put RFD chips in the ball to determine where it is actually down and not just a guesstimate by the ref (refs all have a button they can press when they rule a player down and the triangulation technology determines where that ball was when that button was pressed). This would also tell us if the ball broke the plane.

1. Do away with the inactive list on gameday. An owner pays for 53 players on the roster, all 53 should be suited up on gameday.

2. Expand the active roster to 60 players.

3. Do away with the moronic,new OT rules and return it to sudden death overtime. Lose the coin toss and want a chance to score? Play some damn defense!

4.Move kickoffs back to the 30

5. Do away with the low hit rule on QBs. No headshots or late hits but if you can't wrap up around the ankles/shins and bring a QB down in the pocket, that's insane imo.

6. Do away with the 5 yard running into the kicker rule. They wear a helmet and pads and should expect contact.

I would start by eliminating some of the ridiculous rules that exist today, such as unnecessary roughness against QB's & intentional grounding (which causes a double standard). Not that hitting a QB above the shoulders isn't UR, but hitting him below the knees or flagging a player for hitting a QB after he's thrown the ball needs to be re-evaluated.

I eliminate rules that prevent contact between WR & CB. Let them play, for cryin out loud. If the WR can get away with pushing off, then a CB should be allowed to play for the ball. I don't disagree with PI if the CB is not looking at the ball, so I wouldn't change that. But contact period? That's gotta go.

I would eliminate 2 pre-season games & add 2 regular season games. I would also put the Pro Bowl back where it belongs. AFTER the Super Bowl.

I would eliminate Illegal Formation penalties on plays where the offender of the penalty is not involved in the play. Throw a flag & if the player the flag is on isn't involved in the play, pick the flag up. No harm, no foul.

There will be no ties! If after OT, no one has won, there will be a shootout. A shootout will consist of a QB, WR, & 1 blocker, ineligable. The defense will be a CB, FS, & LB to rush the QB. Each offense will start on the 40 & have 3 plays to reach the endzone. It'll be a 2 out of 3opportunities situation. Coin flip determines who goes first.

The Cowboys have to keep Tony Romo sits to pee on their starting roster until he is dead. They also have to keep Jerry Jones in the GM position until AFTER he's dead.

The Cowboys will also never again play on Thanksgiving. Never. Not even as the away team. They will be forever banned from playing a Thanksgiving game.

Archived