Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: 3 dogs tied to Ohio railroad tracks; train kills 2

TheItalianStallion

3 dogs tied to Ohio railroad tracks; train kills 2

THOMAS J. SHEERAN, Associated Press, By THOMAS J. SHEERAN,

Updated 1:16 p.m., Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CLEVELAND (AP) — A $5,000 reward was offered Wednesday for information leading to an arrest and conviction of a man who tied three dogs to railroad tracks, where two were killed by a train and one survived by crouching off the rails.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/3-dogs-tied-to-Ohio-railroad-tracks-train-kills-2-3790646.php#ixzz23ecL7pTz

I'm no fan of PETA, but it really says a lot about one's mental state if they could tie this cute little thing.........

dafb1c85-0d83-496b-90d1-19ddc9099a6b.jpeg

.........to the railroad tracks.

I love it when certain people always seem compelled to proudly state "I'm not a PETA person" or some crap like that then mention that they too are outraged over a specific act. Well congratulations on your selective and narrow outrage. As a proud "PETA person" I am outraged over ALL acts of cruelty. Sorry the dogs here felt no more terror, led no more a terrible existance and are no more dead than dogs used in experiments that some people have no problem supporting. But we "PETA people" are the *******s for pointing out the hypocrisy.

Spare me.

As for those people who did this, I do hope they meet a painful end. They don't deserve to live as far as I'm concerned. And to those inevitable blowhards who say "it's terrible but it's only dogs". Those dogs indeed are worth more than the trash who tied them to those tracks. Not even a debate. You think otherwise, you're wrong. Period.

Everybody knows this is extremely common, right? Happens every day all over the place? Philly has a dog set on fire thing going on right now. I hope they catch the kids responsible, so he can do his 20 hours of community service.

Piss poor. America could do so much better.

I love it when certain people always seem compelled to proudly state "I'm not a PETA person" or some crap like that then mention that they too are outraged over a specific act. Well congratulations on your selective and narrow outrage. As a proud "PETA person" I am outraged over ALL acts of cruelty. Sorry the dogs here felt no more terror, led no more a terrible existance and are no more dead than dogs used in experiments that some people have no problem supporting. But we "PETA people" are the *******s for pointing out the hypocrisy.

Spare me.

As for those people who did this, I do hope they meet a painful end. They don't deserve to live as far as I'm concerned. And to those inevitable blowhards who say "it's terrible but it's only dogs". Those dogs indeed are worth more than the trash who tied them to those tracks. Not even a debate. You think otherwise, you're wrong. Period.

No one is going to say this wasn't a cruel and terrible act. I presume from your post that you would consider the tying of children to railroad tracks with the same intent to be a roughly similar act, i.e. no better, no worse. This is where the PETA crew loses the vast majority of the population. If your group would simply take a more rational stance (and perhaps more reasonable goals) it would be much more successful.

Well said. :applause:

The laws need to be changed. Anyone that can do such a thing to an animal needs to be put to death. This is absolutely disgusting......sorry I came across the story. :(

Nothing turns me into a overly-excited three-year-old faster than being around a dog. Nothing. I immediately want to shower it with attention. I'm a proud dog owner, and have done some pretty ridiculous things for the sake of what I think will make my dog happy.

That said....

Spare me.

Here's the problem with that:

PETA Protests Obama Fly Murder

PETA protests Westminster dog show (Klan hoods and all)

True to the promise it made last week, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals turned out at Madison Square Garden today to protest the 133rd annual Westminster dog show.

Group members, decked out in Klansman robes and armed with brochures that read "The KKK and the AKC: BFF?", argued that purebred dogs suffer from breeding practices designed to produce show winners rather than healthy animals. A sample statement from the brochure (written in the first person as if by a Klan member):

Like the Klan, dog breeders who subscribe to the AKC standards are all about the sanctity of "pure bloodlines." So what if beagles have epileptic seizures, Dalmatians are deaf, and pugs can barely breathe because of how they are purposely bred to look a certain way? Looks are everything!

I get the complaint about pugs, but apparently the biological shortcomings of beagles and dalmatians are also the fault of human beings. Also, hey, what could possibly be less offensive than generating phrases such as, "The KKK and the AKC: BFF?"

Wyatt Cenac Of 'The Daily Show' Mocks PETA For Lawsuit Comparing SeaWorld Orcas To Slaves (VIDEO)

I hate PETA because they're hypocrites, however they served a good point at one time and still continue to bring things like this into the spotlight.

This happens every day. Nobody cares to notice until PETA shouts about it. Then you get This sucks, but so does PETA. However, since it's still being talked about, perhaps you might see something other than 20 hours community service for the murderer.

I get the complaint about pugs, but apparently the biological shortcomings of beagles and dalmatians are also the fault of human beings.

Bulldogs have suffered from selective breeding over the decades, primarily to reduce the snout to get a cuter, more humanlike face. As a result, breathing and feeding problems are rampant in the breed.

side%2Bby%2Bside.JPG

For better or worse, that's the work of humans...

“Many would question whether the breed’s quality of life is so compromised that its breeding should be banned,” wrote Dr. Nicola Rooney and Dr. David Sargan of the English bulldog in their report, “Pedigree Dog Breeding in the U.K.: A Major Welfare Concern?” Veterinarians in the U.S. are now wondering the same thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/2011/11/22/magazine/mag-27bulldog-slideshow-4.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/27/magazine/can-the-bulldog-be-saved.html?_r=1

Everybody knows this is extremely common, right? Happens every day all over the place? Philly has a dog set on fire thing going on right now. I hope they catch the kids responsible, so he can do his 20 hours of community service.

Piss poor. America could do so much better.

A few years ago in Baltimore City there was a dog which was found horribly burned. They ended up putting the two "kids" responsible for it on trial twice....didn't get a conviction. It's a damn shame too. I'm not going to wish this guy dead. That's absurd. But the penalties for willfully hurting an animal need to be much harsher.

A few years ago in Baltimore City there was a dog which was found horribly burned. They ended up putting the two "kids" responsible for it on trial twice....didn't get a conviction. It's a damn shame too. I'm not going to wish this guy dead. That's absurd. But the penalties for willfully hurting an animal need to be much harsher.

I think the kids who did that had just turned 18 and the judge didn't want to tarnish their records for the rest of their life, so he let them off.

Archived