Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

skins1206

I like ghost at level 50. Evens out the playing field a bit.

I think it will do the exact opposite. Players who don't prestige or are already high ranked will have a huge advantage over low ranking players, for a longer period of time than previous games.

I think it will do the exact opposite. Players who don't prestige or are already high ranked will have a huge advantage over low ranking players, for a longer period of time than previous games.

Yeah, but in the end for most casual gamers, who cares? You play the game for fun and competition. *shrug*

Different folks different strokes I guess.

If somebody doesn't prestige just to hold onto ghost, they are a noob. 0 respect and they'll be made fun of in game lobbies regularly.

I wonder if they'll bring back the ability to keep a weapon, perk or other when you prestiege from MW3. I thought that was pretty cool.

If somebody doesn't prestige just to hold onto ghost, they are a noob. 0 respect and they'll be made fun of in game lobbies regularly.

I wonder if they'll bring back the ability to keep a weapon, perk or other when you prestiege from MW3. I thought that was pretty cool.

Prestige snobs are funny. "Look at me, I play this way too much and have the emblem to prove it." The emblem should be Mountain Dew and Doritos, or a couch potato.

I won't prestige because I think it is pointless, and, yes, ghost and other perks influence that.

Really enjoying the game - got it on xbox instead and WOW is the online experience better. Way less lagging, much quicker load times, much better players too. Glad I bailed on the PS3.

Started off struggling, but got used to the xbox controller and found my game a few matches in and am much better now :)

Only thing I would say is that the weapons setup seems much more complex this time around. Maybe Im just a dummy but the attachments/perks/wildcards/etc is a lot to configure.

Yeah, but in the end for most casual gamers, who cares? You play the game for fun and competition. *shrug*

Different folks different strokes I guess.

It doesn't hurt the competitive players. They are already better, and will level up regardless. It's the casual gamers who will be turned off of the the game because its not fun while they are getting owned.

Prestiging means nothing, especially when it comes to skill. Some people prestige, some don't. Both types of players can be good or bad at the game. Don't use it as an excuse for why someone is better than you.

Prestiging means nothing, especially when it comes to skill. Some people prestige, some don't. Both types of players can be good or bad at the game. Don't use it as an excuse for why someone is better than you.

Agreed.

I don't care if you prestige or not. Play the game your way and enjoy it.

I will be prestiging. Why? Because it's fun going back to getting your butt kicked after you rip through at the higher levels. Provides a challenge and I think it helps you improve a bit due to lower quality weapons.

I understand why people don't prestige, and don't care much... either way:)

Prestige snobs are funny. "Look at me, I play this way too much and have the emblem to prove it." The emblem should be Mountain Dew and Doritos, or a couch potato.

I won't prestige because I think it is pointless, and, yes, ghost and other perks influence that.

It's not that I prestige because I want to look cool. I do it to go back through the game and find different ways to do stuff. Right now, I really don't know the maps, the guns, equipment, etc. After I prestige I'll know the game much better and ill be more willing to try different guns and stuff.

I didn't prestige after I got to 2 in MW3. I could have but there was only about a month and a half until BO2 came out. It wasn't worth it to me at that point.

Really enjoying the game - got it on xbox instead and WOW is the online experience better. Way less lagging, much quicker load times, much better players too. Glad I bailed on the PS3.

Started off struggling, but got used to the xbox controller and found my game a few matches in and am much better now :)

Only thing I would say is that the weapons setup seems much more complex this time around. Maybe Im just a dummy but the attachments/perks/wildcards/etc is a lot to configure.

Glad to hear a transfer to the Xbox went well. We have a lot of guys from ES that play. Add me TT Viper TT, if you want a group to play with.

The gun/perk system is complicated. Picking a class the first time was hard. It certainly allows for a ton of different combos.

For those of you who miss marksman, there is a Holo scope attachment that does something similar.

Relented and bought it last night. Played for a few hours. First impressions are that the map design is incredibly uninspired, it's like someone on the design team thought Downturn was a good, fun map to play. Second thought is that they should have just named it COD: MP7.

We'll see how I feel after playing it a bit today. Didn't hate it but didn't love it. The pick 10 system is certainly interesting, though.

I like it. I've been playing battlefield for so long, I forgot how cheap feeling call of duty can feel at times LOL. Having fun playing it though.

Dawg..did they bring commando back? I've gotten melee'd from 6 feet away several times. gotta love call of duty :ols:

yeah, probably why I won't get it ... BF3 is just to consuming, and it took so long to get use to the huge maps and the recoil of the guns, too much time invested! I was a CoD/Black Ops guy before BF3, now I"m all BF3, tried going back to MW3 and it was a joke ... so cheesy feeling.

yeah, probably why I won't get it ... BF3 is just to consuming, and it took so long to get use to the huge maps and the recoil of the guns, too much time invested! I was a CoD/Black Ops guy before BF3, now I"m all BF3, tried going back to MW3 and it was a joke ... so cheesy feeling.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I bought Black Ops 2 yesterday and played it for about an hour last night. Granted I only played an hour but to me it's just not as fun as BF3. There is almost no skill required whatesover. Like you mentioned in BF3 you have to really be precise with your aiming as there is huge recoil. I'm going to give it a shot again this evening and see how it goes.

I'm kind of in the same boat. I bought Black Ops 2 yesterday and played it for about an hour last night. Granted I only played an hour but to me it's just not as fun as BF3. There is almost no skill required whatesover. Like you mentioned in BF3 you have to really be precise with your aiming as there is huge recoil. I'm going to give it a shot again this evening and see how it goes.

well there you go ... i'm glad I read this cause I will probably not get it. BF3 is just too damn realistic (in gaming standards and compared to CoD) to play anything else. I like how you basically have to stab somebody from behind, unlike CoD where you can knife somebody from anywhere. also, even though I suck at it, the vechicles are awesome in BF3.

well there you go ... i'm glad I read this cause I will probably not get it. BF3 is just too damn realistic (in gaming standards and compared to CoD) to play anything else. I like how you basically have to stab somebody from behind, unlike CoD where you can knife somebody from anywhere. also, even though I suck at it, the vechicles are awesome in BF3.

Just finished playing and it's a knife fest. Small maps with campers at every corner. I hope my kids enjoy it because its back to BF3 for me. There's a reason why there is a new cod every year and bf games are years between releases. It really shows.

Sorry cod boys. My rant is over. Lol

Again, BF3 and CoD are different games within the same general genre. BF3 = more realistic. CoD = more run and gun. People have different tastes.

Let's have this thread be about, you know, CoD :)

Yeah sorry about the hijack earlier. Carry on gents.

So can we talk Zombies? I've only been playing solo so far, but I can get the power on, get into a few rooms for parts for the bus, but that's about it so far. Really loving it. I'm Sikbug on PS3 if anyone wants to make a run at it with me.

Archived