Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

skins1206

Official zombies trailer is supposed to drop sometime today. Rumors floating around the COD forums that they might show the Nuketown zombies map...

I've never really been into zombies, but apparently Blops 2 Zombie mode will have 8 players, and they've changed a few things. Kinda interested to see what they've done...

Black Ops 2 is now less than 6 weeks away...

There def are a handful of modders on rooftops/inside walls. Not too bad, been addicting nonetheless.

Yeah, I tossed in MW2 for fun this past weekend, there were wall hacks and auto-aim hacks galore. it was unplayable. :ols:

---------- Post added September-26th-2012 at 12:25 PM ----------

In order to get Nuketown Zombies, I have to pre-order AND I have to get Hardened Edition? So, since I'm only interested in zombies, I'm paying $20 for one map? And I'm actually considering it? :doh:

yeah, that pissed me off. Typical corporate greed, but I guess as long as folks will pay, they'll keep doing it. The way things are now, it seems as though you've got to purchase the most expensive version of the game to get all the goodies.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLUn13XYzUY

In order to get Nuketown Zombies, I have to pre-order AND I have to get Hardened Edition? So, since I'm only interested in zombies, I'm paying $20 for one map? And I'm actually considering it? :doh:

Just wait a little bit and they will release it as a stand-alone DLC. Most of my friends will not have the map at release so I am not going to worry about it. I am only getting the game for Zombies as well. I wish they would just sell Zombies as a DLC, I am tired of spending my money on this crap they have been putting out lately.

Further Multiplayer changes that I've taken note of:

- Sleight of Hand is no longer a perk, it's an attachment

- Steady Aim is no longer a perk, it's an attachment (comes with red laser beam)

- Quickdraw is no longer a perk, it's an attachment

As far as the new Create-a-Class system, you can choose 10 things to use, call them "points". Everything counts as a point, from tactical equipment to your primary weapon. You use "wildcards" to add something extra in the same slot. These wildcards also cost a point. So if you want 2 perks in the same slot, you must use 3 points when counting the wildcard. You can use 6 perks, but you must use 3 wildcards to do so, leaving you with 1 point - a bare nekked gun. The potential issue people see with that are teammates dying on purpose to hand out beefed-up guns to all their friends loaded up with perks.

There are a few limitations it looks like, you aren't going to be rolling around with 3 or more primary weapons. :)

Sounds like a pretty neat system. Definitely something new and fresh to COD.

I put in my leave Monday to take off work for release day in November. A 30 year old dude standing outside at midnight with a bunch of 8th graders. What a loser. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I just realized that Blops 2 comes out that Tuesday of Veterans Day. I'm already off on Mondays, so I'll be off on Tuesday automatically. Just put in leave for Wednesday.

I'll be playing this game for 2 days straight. no shower, no sleep. only bathroom breaks and bites of food in between games. Wife better not say **** to me either.

a3789515-32-cartman-wow-sunder.jpg

Yeah, its always this time of year I find it difficult to play the current COD. I really like MW3, but now it's at the point where I'm using guns, perks and attachments I wouldn't normally use, just to keep it interesting. Playing a lot of Free-for-all, which is a bunch of cheap kills from behind and kill-steals one after the other. It is the most constant action though, so I've subjected myself to it. :mad:

I hear Call of Duty Elite is free with Black Ops 2. That's ****in'.

• 2 weeks later...

one week from tonight.

I'm sad that nobody else is getting as hyped as I a, this post has been dead for months. Maybe I'm the only 30 year old loser who plans on standing outside at midnight with the 16 year old kids? :(

This game series is exactly everything that is wrong with the gaming industry these days and why kickstarter and indie projects have taken off. So i guess in a way i should thank CoD for pushing most people to their limit. This game should be 29.99 upon release. Until they update the engine and the muddy graphics, all you get is new maps and weapons and a couple game play tweaks for full retail. I hope CoD crashes and burns, but i know it wont. Plenty of people it seems are happy to play the same game over and over while shelling out $60 bucks a year for the same run and gun repeat experience. With that being said, i def want to see how it plays on the Wii U. With the addition of the controller, it might be worth the full retail purchase if the added controller content is worth it. Probably not though.

I'm excited.

It means I won't be stuck playing MW3 any more. I loved Black Ops and I'm hoping that this will just build on that. Most every map on BO was fun to play. I can't say the same for MW3.

Can't wait.

I understand we all have our own opinions....

But to me.............MW3 was THEE WORST call of duty ever released (in my opinion)

I understand we all have our own opinions....

But to me.............MW3 was THEE WORST call of duty ever released (in my opinion)

I've only played MW, BO and MW3. I played BO and MW3 both extensively. BO was my favorite and I was not that impressed with MW3 though I continue to play it to this day. I'm really looking forward to getting away from it.

I'm really looking forward to getting away from it.

I got away from it about 2 months after it was released, caught a sucker on craigslist who gave me $50 for it :ols:

But i'm with you, I really liked black ops, and I'm hoping blops 2 delivers as well. :)

My top 3 Call of Duty's since 2007

1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Easily, this is not close. It was something new, the perk system was actually innovative and though obviously sequels have cleaned up a lot of its faults, it is the most original of this generation of COD games. The game engine is still being used in all the sequels and the levels kicked ass. Every game since is at least 85-95% the same as COD4.

2. Call of Duty: MW2 - Though there were a lot of issues with fairness etc. the graphics and fast-paced online play kept this at #2 for me. Favela is a top map in the series.

3. Call of Duty: Black Ops - This is what WAW probably should've been in the first place.

HM: World at War [ inferior graphics, guns didn't feel as legit and the vehicles weren't that fun]

Worst: COD: MW3 - Boring, using models from COD4 and nothing innovative whatsoever.

I am done with MW3, but I think it was the best COD since COD4. The flow of the gameplay completely destroys MW2, and that's all that matters to me in the long run. How intense and fair can you make the games? Well, MW3 set the bar high. Spawn trapping was greatly diminished, stupid tactics were also stifled beyond words, to be perfectly honest. I played the **** out of each COD besides W@W, and MW3 really kicked ass gameplay-wise. Not to say it wasn't without its faults, but it definitely promoted exciting matches and respectable tactics.

It's easy to hate on a 3rd installment of anything, there's a stigma attached that reeks of "overdoing it". But if you truly relish in that traditional COD gameplay, MW3 should have been a lot of fun for you. As far as MW2, the hype was easy to be hypnotized by. I wasn't. Game was ass, and always will be. The tactics encouraged in that game drove me insane. Isn't that what matters? Screw pretty graphics, screw "new additions", I want the bad ass tactics to be rewarded. MW3 seemed to provide that for the most part. Even more than Black Ops and COD4.

Grateful Sledgehammer and Treyarch haven't conformed to the haters and game critics. I've enjoyed every COD besides MW2. That game was whored up & insanely broken for the MOST important months of COD. Who cares if it works 5 months after it was released? At that point I'm disenchanted. It rewarded the spamming of cheap tactics, and the tendency for spawn trapping to occur in that game was worse than it was in COD4. After playing COD4 like a madman for two straight years, MW2 made me shake my head. They worried about bells & whistles instead of core gameplay. At least Black Ops was a breath of fresh air. I really hope they bring back the old Sticks & Stones wager match game. *Chub*

Can't wait for Black Ops 2 on Tuesday. I didn't preorder or anything, so no Nuketown, but I'm ready nonetheless. The pick 10 system is going to be awesome to mess around with.

Archived