Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Robert Griffin III poised in Redskins preseason debut

#98QBKiller

I missed that. What happened?

Post game interview, he used retarded then quickly switched it to crazy or something of the sorts. I should have rewinded it but I was doing something on the computer at the time.

This is all I could find but I obviously wasn't the only one who heard it, thank goodness.

http://www.thebestdamnpoll.com/Default.aspx?tabid=112&g=posts&m=547473

Edit

You can do retarded or ridiculous things.

---------- Post added August-10th-2012 at 12:08 AM ----------

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/348370-uh-oh-rg3-just-dropped-r-word.html

RGIII of course deserves credit, but some great playcalls by the coaching staff. Attacked every level of the defense, showed a variety of looks. Kinda wish the touchdown play was saved for the regular season - can't run that play on the right side. Getting Trent Williams in space could be key to a number of huge gains this season.

With young playmakers like Garcon, Hankerson and Davis, and a really great offensive system, it's hard to imagine that RGIII won't ultimately lead one of the most dynamic offenses in the game.

Campbell is a hero in my eyes. It was his mediocre play that started us down the road to RGIII. He looked great out there and will only get better. Good times.

Ever since we acquired the pick to get him, that's been my thought process as well. We have a slew of people to thank for being in a position to draft RGlll.

My heart was racing so fast before his first snap. Anyone else?

I had gone skydiving at 5 o clock before the start of the game, with my RG3 jersey on, to ring in Griff's career as a Redskin. So my heart had already raced to the limit prior, but I did have a big stupid grin on my face and was hootin' and hollerin' during every one of his completions.

Remember when Portis broke his shoulder in the Preseason trying to make a tackle? (could have been regular season)

When Rg3 went after the fumble I had visions of that happening. I started screaming NO! and everything was going in slow motion when I saw him try to rocket like a missile to knock the guy out of bounds.;

it's football. No good will come of teaching them to be scared to play it. Anyone could blow out their knee on any given play. Babying rg3 does him no favors.

Anyway, I think the most interesting thing about RG3's performance: it was 100% vanilla pocket passing. No designed runs, no play fakes, heck, i don't even think there was even a roll out. Tonight they ran none of the plays that truly take advantage of his unique talents.

I have to admit, I was setting myself up for misery, but he looked pretty damn good out there. At the very least he seems to know how to manage a game pretty well (although we're going off a tiny sample size). The most surprising part today was probably the protection though, there were few times it seemed he was really rushed, and when he was, he actually handled it well. Can't wait for next week.

I have to admit, I was setting myself up for misery, but he looked pretty damn good out there. At the very least he seems to know how to manage a game pretty well (although we're going off a tiny sample size). The most surprising part today was probably the protection though, there were few times it seemed he was really rushed, and when he was, he actually handled it well. Can't wait for next week.

I try to stay even about anything that happens in the preseason. Osaka is like a painful memory that will never go away

Anyway, I think the most interesting thing about RG3's performance: it was 100% vanilla pocket passing. No designed runs, no play fakes, heck, i don't even think there was even a roll out. Tonight they ran none of the plays that truly take advantage of his unique talents.

Very true! On that 3rd &2 early the roll out was wide open. Griffin might've scored had he kept the ball. Also, Mario Williams over pursued after Griffen one play from the back side end spot, and u could see where a RB like Hightower would've cut it back and gain some big chunks. The presence of RGIII absolutely opens up an offense's possibilities!!

People don't understand. "Who's RG III going to throw to?" That's all I hear. Garcon is going to be a damn monster with a QB that can get him the ball

Every time I see those two pass and catch, I see greatness. Those two are going to be a great combo for years.

When it's all said and done, Garcon could very well having a fan following twice the size of Santana's. He has that type of potential.

Every time I see those two pass and catch, I see greatness. Those two are going to be a great combo for years.

When it's all said and done, Garcon could very well having a fan following twice the size of Santana's. He has that type of potential.

The best of him is yet to come. In Indy, I said to myself, this guy can be really good. Last year, I really believe would've been his break out year had it not been for Peyton's injury. Regardless, he showed his abilities with Curtis PAINTER of all people at the QB position. Shanahan wasn't lying when he said once he has the ball in his hand, the guy is a serious playmaker

The best of him is yet to come. In Indy, I said to myself, this guy can be really good. Last year, I really believe would've been his break out year had it not been for Peyton's injury. Regardless, he showed his abilities with Curtis PAINTER of all people at the QB position. Shanahan wasn't lying when he said once he has the ball in his hand, the guy is a serious playmaker

It was so foreign watching a Skins receiver extend the play. All this time I thought the play ended when they caught the ball :ols: Somebody said it in the gameday thread, but that TD to Garcon was more YAC on a touchdown than we had all year. IIRC EVERY touchdown we had last year was caught in the endzone. Am I excited about a receiver that can make things happen after the catch? Why hail yes I am.

Archived