Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Pee-turd" King = tool.

md20j

Anyways, for me (...) and Brunell - 'Scott.'

I see what you did there.

FTR -- I also call Brunell "Scott."

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 02:50 AM ----------

maybe people around here have short memory but I believe the hate toward PK started when PK was actively campaigning against voting Art Monk into the HOF. I believe this is the origination of the hate toward PK around here. After the hate developed, everyone started to pick on every single word PK put out.

Winner Winner. Chicken Dinner.

He actively campaigned against Monk for over a decade. And although he later "relented," Peter Drag Queen is still, and always will be, dead to me. He is representative of the smug, know-it-all, I'm better than you mainstream media. And he's an out-of-the-closet G'nats fan and Crackgirlz jock sniffer. He must be destroyed.

Cow Turd is simply a type of turd. Pee turd combines both pee and turd. Therefore, it is the greater insult. Then you add the modifier - King. Which makes him the King of the Pee Turds, or in other words, he is the pee turdiest of all the pee turds.

If RG3 is Bob Griffin until he deserves a better name, then Peter King is the Pee Turd King until he deserves a better name. I highly doubt he will ever meet that standard without actually watching the games and learning about the game of football. Those are both things he will never do.

Furthermore, although I've never met him in person, he just seems like a guy who smells like both pee and turd, so even if his name didn't sound like pee turd, I think he might still actually be a pee turd. Plus, calling RG3 by the name of BobGriff is a very pee turdish move.

I'll admit, I laughed pretty good.:ols::ols:

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 09:05 AM ----------

IAs for Monk, sure -- King went on record saying that he wasn't sure Monk's numbers (catches/TDs/pro-bowls/total impact -- it hurt Monk, in King's opinion, that Monk played on a stacked team) were enough to warrant entry into the Hall of Fame, but he also said "You and the other Monk supporters should know -- not that you'll believe me -- that I have no bias whatsoever against Monk. He was a very good and unselfish football player. I have a lot of admiration for him." And we all know Peter King isn't the lone HoF voter. There were many who voted against Monk. Peter King is just one of the more open/honest guys about his voting.

And don't forget this, either (re-posted from the Redskin Report): "In a huge change of heart, Peter King is saying he will vote for Art Monk to get into the Hall of Fame this year. King has always been the leader of the anti-Monk movement along with his SI cohort Dr. Z. While I’d love to take the credit and say that King must’ve read the four part series we did here, it was actually a discussion with Joe Gibbs that turned the tide. Gibbs pointed out that besides the numbers, Monk was superb blocker and a leader on a team that won multiple championships. Let’s give some credit to Peter King for not being a stubborn idiot and seeing the flaws of his ways. It’s about time."

Wether or not he saw the light through Gibbs, it was he and Paul Zimmerman (I will not call him Dr. Z, he gets no respect nor is he a doctor). that openly campaigned against Monk for quite some time, which DOES influence other writers. He also made an off handed remark about, "let's just vote Monk in and get it over with" comment to get Redskins fans off his ass. He's a skunk-headed jackhole that will never get any kudos from me. NOW, add in the fact that he admires Mara......well, you know where that is going.

---------- Post added August-8th-2012 at 09:08 AM ----------

I think I think Pee-turd Queen is a jerk

I log onto ES to get news and opinions on my team, but what do I get? People hating on commentators for making poor comments on my team. And then to cal them names and just be disparaging, it is depressing and not worth the time or effort. I mean whats the point? So what if a commentator does not like the team or a player? This team will make them look bad when they do succeed.

Not every thought needs to be a new thread. If you are offended by a commentator, get over it.

Actually Peter King is one of the better writers out there but to each his own

I'm sorry, but referring to King as one of the better writers out there is kind of ridiculous. He basically flaunts his cushy job, talks about the food, coffee, beer, etc. that he drinks in his fat, privileged, bubble of an existence. He's constantly namedropping famous people he knows and there is generally no coherence to or actually reporting in his articles. If I wanted to read about how friendly the concierge was at the Westin in Seattle, I'll go on their website...not a football column. That's the other thing. He BARELY talks about football, even though that's what the column is allegedly about. I don't know how any Skins fan can call King "one of the best" after his crusade against Monk and of course he's now using Osi's "BobGriff" moniker as if he made it up himself. King is the worst.

I log onto ES to get news and opinions on my team, but what do I get? People hating on commentators for making poor comments on my team. And then to cal them names and just be disparaging, it is depressing and not worth the time or effort. I mean whats the point? So what if a commentator does not like the team or a player? This team will make them look bad when they do succeed.

Not every thought needs to be a new thread. If you are offended by a commentator, get over it.

And you could have skipped over the thread....just saying.

I don't mind King at all. One thing I've learned from my time here on ES is we only like sportswriters that say something good about our team. Which over the last few doesn't leave us with many.
Peter King kept Art Monk out of the hall for years. Not because he thought Monk wasn't deserving, but because he's a biased va-giants fan.

**** Peter King, I refuse to read any of his garabge material.

Matt you might want to listen up here ^

I like Peter King. He's a good, conversational writer. His "blog" (MMQB) is fun. He puts himself into the conversation, and I like that. He talks about coffee, rude people, and shows like Curb Your Enthusiasm. I can approve of this.

As a sports guy, he knows how to push buttons to get readers engaged -- and that's a winning talent. Plus, he's a very social guy. He can buddy up to anyone in the NFL and get some more personal comments than your typical sports guy. People trust him and understand that he's a national market. If they tell him something, they know he can spread those messages far and wide for them. So they're more likely to maintain those relationships with him -- though he has enough common sense to not be obviously used. I think it all owes back to his relationship with Parcells, how he was brought up as a reporter, and the state of the league way back when Parcells was the Giants' coach.

And a Giants fan? I think he's said more than once he loves Mara, and he respects the organization and his built-up relationships, but I've thought more people considered him a Steelers fan and/or a Patriots fan. And let's not forget the Bengals, either. To be honest, I think he loves the NFL more than any one team. He loves well-run organizations more than holding a specific loyalty.

As for Monk, sure -- King went on record saying that he wasn't sure Monk's numbers (catches/TDs/pro-bowls/total impact -- it hurt Monk, in King's opinion, that Monk played on a stacked team) were enough to warrant entry into the Hall of Fame, but he also said "You and the other Monk supporters should know -- not that you'll believe me -- that I have no bias whatsoever against Monk. He was a very good and unselfish football player. I have a lot of admiration for him." And we all know Peter King isn't the lone HoF voter. There were many who voted against Monk. Peter King is just one of the more open/honest guys about his voting.

And don't forget this, either (re-posted from the Redskin Report): "In a huge change of heart, Peter King is saying he will vote for Art Monk to get into the Hall of Fame this year. King has always been the leader of the anti-Monk movement along with his SI cohort Dr. Z. While I’d love to take the credit and say that King must’ve read the four part series we did here, it was actually a discussion with Joe Gibbs that turned the tide. Gibbs pointed out that besides the numbers, Monk was superb blocker and a leader on a team that won multiple championships. Let’s give some credit to Peter King for not being a stubborn idiot and seeing the flaws of his ways. It’s about time."

I, too, enjoy reading Peter King's column. Sure, there's a lot of non-football in it, but overall it's insight into some unfiltered interviewing that you don't always get with other bloggers (though I could do without the unabashed arse kissing of Mara, Kraft, and Rooney). While, it kinda pisses me off that he's intentionally referring to RG3 as Bob, I'm not sure it warrants the vitriol of a demeaning nick name...unless that name was started during the anti-Monk campaign of yester-year.

Peter King kept Art Monk out of the hall for years. Not because he thought Monk wasn't deserving, but because he's a biased va-giants fan.

**** Peter King, I refuse to read any of his garabge material.

Actually, it's much worse than that. He did it to make money for himself by doing his yearly "Art Monk doesn't belong in the HOF" tour. When Monk retired he was a shoe-in for Canton. That was until King decided to come up with a stance so against the grain that it would get him face-time. He went from being just a print journalist to a print/radio journalist to a print/radio/tv journalist during his campaign. It's no coincidence that as soon as he signed his lucrative TV deal that he did an about face on Monk and he got in. King had nothing else to gain from his stance.

Gee, rick, not to be a meany-pants, but not every thread demands your presence, either. If the title of the topic didn't clue you in, why click on it and continue reading to the point of aggravation? What kind of sense does that make? And how would you gauge the ratio of "news and opinions" on ES v. disparaging remarks about commentators? Which, btw, as a category, does fall under "opinions" and "Redskins related" when a media-head's remarks are about the redskins. ;) Think it's any different on any team site anywhere? :)

I am among the first to note that "not every thought needs to be a thread" but I often do the same with "not every thought needs to be a post."

I do agree that as long as we suck and have an owner that conducts himself as Snyder often did with the media and in general, it will draw hack writers/commentators as well as simply hackish comments more than the norm. That doesn't mean we haven't deserved valid, quality, criticism from competent spots writers and piles of it. Of course, winning consistently for a few years and a "reformed" Snyder would likely change all of that do a real degree, as we all figure.

As for "getting over it", on the petty examples (most) I agree, but in some instances, I disagree as long as one avoids being seriously emotionally invested in such. One doesn't have to really foam at the mouth over such stuff, but some mediots rightfully earn a place of derision and maintain their claim on it for a long time by merit (see Laverne & Chump or Dan-what's-his-brown-stained-shorts).

King's level of literal activism against Monk's HOF entry is worthy of such derision in the opinion of many reasonable fans, even if there wasn't a ton other nonsense he's penned over the years, even when factored along with the fact that he can indeed be an entertaining writer. :)

Cow Turd is simply a type of turd. Pee turd combines both pee and turd. Therefore, it is the greater insult. Then you add the modifier - King. Which makes him the King of the Pee Turds, or in other words, he is the pee turdiest of all the pee turds.

If RG3 is Bob Griffin until he deserves a better name, then Peter King is the Pee Turd King until he deserves a better name. I highly doubt he will ever meet that standard without actually watching the games and learning about the game of football. Those are both things he will never do.

Furthermore, although I've never met him in person, he just seems like a guy who smells like both pee and turd, so even if his name didn't sound like pee turd, I think he might still actually be a pee turd. Plus, calling RG3 by the name of BobGriff is a very pee turdish move.

I celebrate your logic and heap laude and honor upon you, sir!

Honestly, the guy made me furious for about 10 years back when Art Monk was up for the HOF. Since then, when he wants to get punchy about the 'Skins, I don't give any benefit of the doubt. I think of his big fat face and can smell urine and poops. He's Pee Turd. ;-)

Sure I understand all that, but obviously he wasn't the only one. I enjoy reading his column every Monday.
The way Peter Queen disrespected one of the greatest Redskins of all time and personally lead the charge to keep Art Monk out of the Pro Football Hall of Fame should make all true Redskins fans hate his ****ing guts.
Actually, it's much worse than that. He did it to make money for himself by doing his yearly "Art Monk doesn't belong in the HOF" tour. When Monk retired he was a shoe-in for Canton. That was until King decided to come up with a stance so against the grain that it would get him face-time. He went from being just a print journalist to a print/radio journalist to a print/radio/tv journalist during his campaign. It's no coincidence that as soon as he signed his lucrative TV deal that he did an about face on Monk and he got in. King had nothing else to gain from his stance.

I have to disagree Matt, have to go with Rocky and ouvan here, King is a turd. He kept one of the classiest men out of Canton for no good reason. He spearheaded the effort and for 4 minutes Redskins nation let it be known, Art Monk fully deserved being inducted. He was class act through all this, not like petty Peter King Turd.

I have to disagree Matt, King is a turd. He kept one of the classiest men out of Canton for no good reason. He spearheaded the effort and for 4 minutes Redskins nation let it be known, Art Monk fully deserved being inducted. He was class act through all this, not like petty Peter King Turd.

I completely understand what you're saying. And maybe its because I caught Monk towards the end of his career so I couldn't appreciate all he meant to the team. I didn't like King's stance on Monk not getting in, but it doesn't take away the fact that I still enjoy King's work. Sure from time to time some of his stuff isn't good, but there aren't many better NFL writers out there.

I completely understand what you're saying. And maybe its because I caught Monk towards the end of his career so I couldn't appreciate all he meant to the team. I didn't like King's stance on Monk not getting in, but it doesn't take away the fact that I still enjoy King's work. Sure from time to time some of his stuff isn't good, but there aren't many better NFL writers out there.

I hold grudges, I will never like King or Wilbon. But I do understand you enjoy some of what he writes. I just can't let go of such a mis-deed as he pulled in Monks case. There seems to be no morals in journalism. Just because Monk was not making spectacular catches for highlight reels doesn't mean he was any less important to his team and the game. The way he carried himself on the field considering his performance is unheard of in today's games. He simply did what was asked of him, came through time and time again on third down, and blocked for the run game without ever complaining. He caught TD's and handed the ball back.

Peter King can run but he can't hide from his slanted injustice in regard to Monk's prolonged entry in the HOF.

Not every thought needs to be a new post. If you are offended by a thread, get over it.

If you come here for a certain thing, then search that out. Nobody forced you to click on this thread.

And if they did....then send us a signal, a secret message...we'll help you. Nobody should have someone with a gun making them open threads they don't want to. That's a basic human right!

Edit: I see that Jumbo already beat me to this particular point.

Archived