Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As a homer, which Skins are/would you draft in FF this year and when?

bishtw

Just got a post on FB from the Redskins:

"Which Redskins are YOU drafting on your fantasy team this year? You can start & run your fantasy league through the Redskins here! http://redsk.in/NpU7II "

Thought It'd be a good discussion here, although one could argue this should be in the FF forum. Sorry if it does.

Ive had a tough times drafting Skins so Im jaded an leaning toward staying away because I've been burned so many times in the last few years.

I drafted our defense when we signed Fat Albert, I drafted Marko Mitchell in the last round. Ive had all our running backs at one time only to have the back-up starting when I got the other. Don't get me talking about taking late round fliers on McNugget and SexyRexy.

Ok I have gone with Moss in a pinch but he seems to either be great or he disappears and I play him on the later. I'm Interested in both WR PG and L.Hankerson if I can get them late, and the homer in me almost has to have RG3.

What says you Redskins Nation?

Guys going low in drafts that seem like they have a ton of upside: Garcon, Fred Davis, and THT. Who knows how the RB position will work out, but Hightower isn't even being drafted from what I've seen. Once trianing camp gets going, things will be more clear with our RBs, but Shanahan has driven people crazy with RBs forever. I'm avoiding the RBs but I'm definitely nabbing Garcon wherever possible. I think he ends up a borderline WR1. And yeah, RG3 as backup QB all day.

We have a keeper league. I kept Sleepy Davis and Roy Helu. My RB situatio is terrible and Helu was my only option with Steven Jackson.

I'd take Garcon in the early rounds. I had Gaffney on my other team last year as a backup. I quit picking up our defense a long time ago. Everytime I picked them up, they wouldn't get me turnovers.

I'd take RG3 as a backup to Brees (on one team) or Peyton (on another).

Every Redskin is a middle to late round draft pick. I think Garcon would make the perfect #3 WR and would probably be my first Redskins off the board. Closely followed by Fred Davis.

Hankerson will probably go undrafted in standard leagues not having a Redskin Fan as an owner. I'll take him in the 16th round. He'll be available.

Fantasy Wise, I'm staying away from the Redskins RB's. Shanahan is fantasy owners worst nightmare when it comes to RB's.

I normally stay away from 'skins on my FF team...only because I tend to be overly optimistic about how they will do each week.

I think the only guy on the team worthy of an early round pick is Garcon...2nd round.

None of the RBs, because it looks like it will be RBBC.

If your points system penalizes for picks and fumbles, I wouldn't have Griffin on there either.

Maybe Davis, if he manages to hold onto the starting role, but I think Cooley will take it back.

Finally, the other WRs will all get looks, but a pretty even distribution, so I don't think any of them will have very big fantasy numbers.

I bet Garcon gets 5-6 looks per game, Moss, Hank, Cooley, Thomas 4-5 looks per game, and Armstrong, Morgan 1-2.

The D might get some good points for sacks, and an average # of turnovers.

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 02:23 PM ----------

I actually had Ryp on my fantasy team in 1991.

I won the league.

Fred Davis in the 5th or 6th

RG3 in the 7th or 8th

My thoughts exactly probably the only 2 you can count on on a weekly basis, RG3 late is a good backup plan and a wait and see type pick cheap. Cooley could be a prob for Davis's numbers though, after that you will have to wait and see who becomes RG3's go to guy at WR.

I wouldn't be surprised if either Hankerson or Moss is our most productive receiver as I have a feeling their go route ability along with RG3's accuracy and arm are going to lead to a lot of long td's. Both of them, I imagine, won't go until very late in the draft and I could EASILY see a 1000 yard, 8 td season for one of them (big question will be which one, as I'm not completely sure), and that would be a top 25 wr. Late round steal imo.

I know all the hype is on Garcon, but he scares me. 60% of his fantasy production last year happened in just 3 games against 3 bottom 10 pass defenses. He was a #2 in a division with mostly awful secondaries, but I realize he had a bad qb.

I'd take RG3 as the 8th qb. I think he at least performs that well, though I've seen him ranked 10-13. I'd take him before Vick for sure, Vick murdered my team last year when I thought I got him at a steal in the 2nd round. :( If I miss out on the top 5 qbs, I'm waiting for Griffin. Last year had some crazy qb numbers, but if it goes back down to 2010 levels then all Griffin would need for 8th qb in my league is 3200 passing, 20 td-17 int with 400 yards rushing and 5 tds. I'll take the over on that.

Davis is my 5th te, but if I don't get gronk or graham then I'm not drafting te until rather late, unless yahoo changes Hernandez's designation to wr/te.

I normally stay away from 'skins on my FF team...only because I tend to be overly optimistic about how they will do each week.

I think the only guy on the team worthy of an early round pick is Garcon...2nd round.

None of the RBs, because it looks like it will be RBBC.

If your points system penalizes for picks and fumbles, I wouldn't have Griffin on there either.

Maybe Davis, if he manages to hold onto the starting role, but I think Cooley will take it back.

Finally, the other WRs will all get looks, but a pretty even distribution, so I don't think any of them will have very big fantasy numbers.

I bet Garcon gets 5-6 looks per game, Moss, Hank, Cooley, Thomas 4-5 looks per game, and Armstrong, Morgan 1-2.

The D might get some good points for sacks, and an average # of turnovers.

---------- Post added July-24th-2012 at 02:23 PM ----------

I actually had Ryp on my fantasy team in 1991.

I won the league.

You're one of the first one's I've seen doing FF for as long as I have. We're in our 22nd season this year. That 1991-92 season was our first and Rypien was taken late. Actually, the team with Jim Kelly won it in our league. I had Warren Moon and Jim Everett as my QBs that first season. This is going to be my last season. I'm kind of worn out doing it. I'm the commish in our league and I'm fried.

I don't draft according to loyalty (I try my best not to draft Cowboys). There are a couple of Skins' that can be viable fantasy options, but it is too early to know what round.

the players I would draft

1. RG3

2. Garcon

3. Helu/Hightower-the one who wins the job

4. Hank-depends on how he looks in preseason

5. Defense-for a bye week

I don't trust sleepy, plus I think his value will be lowered by the return of Cooley

Davis is going in the middle rounds from what I can see, and Garçon is later rounds. Santana and Hank both get drafted real late in the mock drafts I've been in, but they DO get drafted, most times before I get a chance to.

SIDE NOTE: Is it bad that one of the reason I was so hurt over Hank getting hurt last season was because I thought I could get him off waivers? I mean I was a lot more upset and bothered by the fact he had such an awesome game and then got hurt, but then I was like "goddamn it, now I can't even have him on my fantasy football team..."

...See, this is why fantasy football can be bad sometimes.

Archived