Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrest rates of the NFC East teams since 2000

Funny, I always assumed that if you were arrested, charged, and found not guilty (acquitted), that the arrest went away? Am I wrong on this?

Apparently it doesn't lol...arrest records remain part of the public domain, I thought...

---------- Post added July-16th-2012 at 10:47 AM ----------

BUT, if we could add just 3 more to that amount, it isn't all that bad :silly:

That would be "a lot" of additional games to win, wouldn't it? lol...Then again, that would be 3 additional wins out of 11 :ols:

interesting that Davis's "first" incident was driving on a suspended license. anyone know why it was suspended? something tells me it wasn't failure to pay some parking ticket. usually, those are because of a prior DUI, a reckless driving conviction, or a bunch of speeding tickets in a short span. they will suspend a license if you fail to pay fines (even out of state ones*), but i doubt that a guy on an NFL salary wouldn't pay off some fine once the threatening letters started coming in from the DMV. they send a couple certified letters before they suspend (speaking from experience here...)

* i had my license suspended in VA once over a parking ticket in Quebec. Quebec had my address wrong, which is why i never knew to pay it, but VA revoked my license toot sweet.

How many of these players are still on the roster? Vinny Cerrato is the biggest crook of all, taking Danny's money for 10 years while pretending to be his raquetteball buddy. He also made fools of us all by showing us the greatest team on paper every offseason and mortgaging our future. Thank goodness Danny discovered Vinny's plot to implode the organization when he found clue after clue showing Vinny to be an actual double agent really working for Jerrah Jones. The clean-up has been messy, but we're almost in the clear... and this place is almost fully disinfected.

Thank you for reading.

Football doesn't attract the most morally conscious individuals I think we all know this.

I find this to be odd.

As a coach, we coach our players to be stand up citizens and all around good people. We teach them morals and that winning happens when you do the right thing and everything is in balance and your life is in order. When you work hard, do the right thing and treat people the right way, it leads to teamwork and winning football games. So the goal is never, EVER directly to win football games. It's implied through doing all the right things.

And it seems to me that the vast majority of people that play football are generally good human beings, or 'good' as far as public perception. But people seem to look directly at the bad and form full judgement based on such a small number, just because those reports stand out. What doesn't stand out is that of those 18 arrests, Davis was responsible for 3, Haynesworth for 3, Taylor for 2. That brings the number down to 13 for the Redskins specifically. Then, keep in mind, this list is since 2000. How many Redskins have come and gone from the locker room since then? This is such a SMALL percentage of players.

Yet, people make statements like the one above.

It's proof positive that we focus on the negative much more than the positive in life.

The majority of the NFL's players are fine. It's a few knuckle heads that ruin the reputation of MANY.

I find this to be odd.

As a coach, we coach our players to be stand up citizens and all around good people. We teach them morals and that winning happens when you do the right thing and everything is in balance and your life is in order. When you work hard, do the right thing and treat people the right way, it leads to teamwork and winning football games. So the goal is never, EVER directly to win football games. It's implied through doing all the right things.

And it seems to me that the vast majority of people that play football are generally good human beings, or 'good' as far as public perception. But people seem to look directly at the bad and form full judgement based on such a small number, just because those reports stand out. What doesn't stand out is that of those 18 arrests, Davis was responsible for 3, Haynesworth for 3, Taylor for 2. That brings the number down to 13 for the Redskins specifically. Then, keep in mind, this list is since 2000. How many Redskins have come and gone from the locker room since then? This is such a SMALL percentage of players.

Yet, people make statements like the one above.

It's proof positive that we focus on the negative much more than the positive in life.

The majority of the NFL's players are fine. It's a few knuckle heads that ruin the reputation of MANY.

Agree. In the scheme of things the numbers are small for a 12 year period.

Lol - Now if you look at the number of Redskin players that should have been arrested for impersonating a QB, during this period, the combined numbers would be totally unacceptable. :)

Football doesn't attract the most morally conscious individuals I think we all know this. I don't really care, if Al Capone could throw a football I'd probably sign him if I were a GM, winning absolves all sins in this business.

100% dead on. How many people could recognise all 22 starters by face alone? I honestly couldn't but give a jersey number and I can tell you all about him. Besides, look at Turdsworth. We took a flier on him regardless of his past troubled history. Why else is Ocho Cinco still getting run? For that matter hoe about Detroit's last two deFt classes?

Archived