Extremeskins

Arrest rates of the NFC East teams since 2000

Number of player arrests

Cowboys: 12 (now lol)

Giants: 12

Eagles: 10

Redskins: 18 :doh:

The Skins' List of Dubiousness is as follows:

Mike Sellers - Arrested and charged with DUI in Arlington, Va. (found guilty)

Dana Stubblefield - Arrested at home on assault charge against wife (dropped)

Bruce Smith - Charged with driving under the influence of alcohol (acquitted)

Jermaine Haley - Arrested for driving under the influence and causing property damage (pleaded no contest)

Sean Taylor - Arrested for driving under the influence and refusing a breathalyzer test (acquitted)

Sean Taylor - Arrested for felony aggravated assault with a firearm (pleaded no contest)

Ataveus Cash (who?) - Arrested, charged with driving without license (paid fine)

Kili Lefotu - Charged with being drunk in public, destruction of property and simple assault

Albert Haynesworth - Surrendered after indictment on misdemeanor reckless driving and expired registration charges (pleaded no contest)

Chad Rinehart - Arrested on charge of public intoxication in Cedar Falls, Iowa (found guilty)

Byron Westbrook - Arrested on suspicion of DUI just before 2 a.m. in Maryland (acquitted)

Fred Davis - Pulled over for going 52 mph in 35-mph zone, charged with driving with a suspended license (pleaded guilty)

Fred Davis - Charged with driving with a suspended license, falsely identifying himself to law enforcement (pleaded guilty)

Fred Davis - Charged with misdemeanor reckless driving/driving 20 mph over speed limit

Joe Joseph - Arrested on suspicion of DUI after being pulled over around 3 a.m.

Albert Haynesworth - Charged with assault. Police say it was a road rage case (not arrested)

Albert Haynesworth - Grand jury indicts him, charges him with misdemeanor sexual abuse

Brandon Meriweather - Arrested on suspicion of DUI after being pulled over for speeding

And finally...

NFL team with the most arrests since 2000:

Vikings: 39 :paranoid:

http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/

Football doesn't attract the most morally conscious individuals I think we all know this. I don't really care, if Al Capone could throw a football I'd probably sign him if I were a GM, winning absolves all sins in this business.

I expected to come into this thread and find our guys to be better behaved with least amount of trouble compared to the other NFCE teams. Sean Teezy's aggravated assault is obv the worst charge in terms of penalties but he got the bigger picture before tragedy struck (RIP, we miss u 21). Call me a heathen but I couldn't care less about NFL guys getting in trouble for public intoxication. Obv, DUI/ DWI/ suspicion of is very irresponsible and potentially dangerous/ fatal but again, there are degrees of seperation and it's not that big a deal sometime to me.

Making no excuses for some of the moron's on this list (Albert being one), but this is clearly a case of a bored fan thinking. Really this only reflects on one player on the current team and the current organization. Not to mention, I've experienced police officer shanging out at night spots or dinner spots at the end of month, trying to make qouta. Two glasses of wine and a drive home will technically get you a DUI if they feel like stopping you or if you so happen to get pulled over by one of those checkpoints.

I'll be glad when football starts.

Well they do play in an arrest-happy area. Commonwealth of VA just loves issuing traffic tickets, which most of those arrests seem to be. Still, the DUI thing puzzles me when their screw up will become public knowledge and they can afford to hire a DD for the night (chaffeur, cabbie, etc.).

Football doesn't attract the most morally conscious individuals I think we all know this. I don't really care, if Al Capone could throw a football I'd probably sign him if I were a GM, winning absolves all sins in this business.

Apparently JoePa felt the same way

Everyone drives drunk i just think that the guys in the Mercedes and Bentleys get targeted more then the guy in the Honda

Yeah, don't tell other people that. They get into a fuss about how evil it is, nevermind that being on a cell phone is equivalent to the legal intoxication level. One should get a nasty talking to, the other should be executed. Thing is, a lot of those guys were ACQUITTED. This tells me there was not enough evidence or certain types of cars/individuals are being targeted for traffic stops and maybe the issue is DC/MD/VA po-po.

Yeah, don't tell other people that. They get into a fuss about how evil it is, nevermind that being on a cell phone is equivalent to the legal intoxication level. One should get a nasty talking to, the other should be executed. Thing is, a lot of those guys were ACQUITTED. This tells me there was not enough evidence or certain types of cars/individuals are being targeted for traffic stops and maybe the issue is DC/MD/VA po-po.

"A lot" of guys were acquitted?...Three were lol...And it could be just as likely that they were acquitted due to who they were and who they knew.

And I find it damn near beyond comprehension that we would want to minimize driving drunk. Yes, driving while texting is as dangerous as driving drunk...so is driving while falling asleep. So what? NONE should be minimized or blown off as "everyone does it". I almost killed a guy on the shoulder once because I was driving while falling asleep. I told myself I would never drive again unless/until I was wide awake. Lasted about 3 months. Then I drove while half-asleep again...almost killed myself that time. But, yeah, "everyone does it" so it's really not a big deal.

---------- Post added July-16th-2012 at 10:15 AM ----------

---------- Post added July-16th-2012 at 01:10 PM ----------

How does this figure in if he was not arrested?

No idea lol...I just copied and pasted from the database.

"A lot" of guys were acquitted?...Three were lol...And it could be just as likely that they were acquitted due to who they were and who they knew.

When you're talking about, what, 18 arrests, three is a significant number, is it not? And you can say that they were acquitted because they were Redskins (which may be the case) but we don't know that for sure. There are ways in which defense attorneys have beaten charges but you probably do have to have the money to wager on that, as opposed to some poor sap who wasn't even drunk who gets a DWI (yeah, even when you ARENT near the limit, you can still get pinched because someone 'thinks' your prescription med or one drink affected you.)

But if you take away 3, that would be "a lot" to me, if I'm looking at a sample of 18

Everyone drives drunk i just think that the guys in the Mercedes and Bentleys get targeted more then the guy in the Honda

I tend to think that the guys in the Honda get pulled over MUCH more, whether they're driving drunk or not.

---------- Post added July-16th-2012 at 10:26 AM ----------

When you're talking about, what, 18 arrests, three is a significant number, is it not? And you can say that they were acquitted because they were Redskins (which may be the case) but we don't know that for sure. There are ways in which defense attorneys have beaten charges but you probably do have to have the money to wager on that, as opposed to some poor sap who wasn't even drunk who gets a DWI (yeah, even when you ARENT near the limit, you can still get pinched because someone 'thinks' your prescription med or one drink affected you.)

But if you take away 3, that would be "a lot" to me, if I'm looking at a sample of 18

Hmm, I dunno....we went 5-11 last year...that's 5 games out of 16. Did the Skins win "a lot" of games last season? lol :silly:

So, I take it that DC's finest have quite a few 'complimentary' tickets to home games!

THATS how Snyder is filling the seats, huh? I bet the police REALLY get pumped up when they pull over one wearing their jersey; you KNOW once it gets to the substation its removed, bagged, and the player is told repeatedly 'you were NOT wearing a jersey, you were NOT wearing a jersey', and some kid has a nice souvenir...

sic

I tend to think that the guys in the Honda get pulled over MUCH more, whether they're driving drunk or not.

---------- Post added July-16th-2012 at 10:26 AM ----------

Hmm, I dunno....we went 5-11 last year...that's 5 games out of 16. Did the Skins win "a lot" of games last season? lol :silly:

BUT, if we could add just 3 more to that amount, it isn't all that bad :silly:

Archived