Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's the longest the NFL will go without having any of its players arrested?

Eye on Football ‏@EyeOnNFL

Oy. RT @espn_afcsouth: In Nashville, @WUZ1045 reports Kenny Britt was arrested for a DUI at Fort Campbell. #Titans

Let's see...I said the clock started again as of 2:40 pm EST/11:40 am PDT, July 19th.

It's now 11:27 am EST/8:27 am PDT, July 20th. Less than 24 hours.

Titans WR Britt arrested, charged with DUI on military post.

http://profootball.scout.com/2/1203967.html

Britt's 8th arrest since entering the league in 2009. Enjoy your suspension Kenny.

Rams DE Robert Quinn arrested for DWI July 10 in St. Louis County

Rams defensive end Robert Quinn became the latest player to (reportedly right now) get arrested this offseason, having (reportedly) been pulled over for DWI in St. Louis County, Missouri on July 10.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19614838/report-rams-de-robert-quinn-arrested-for-dwi-july-10-in-st-louis

they waited 9 days before arresting him?

At any rate, gotta restart the clock yet again lol :doh:...As of 2:40 pm EST/11:40 am PDT, July 19th.

---------- Post added July-19th-2012 at 11:41 AM ----------

I originally said 9 days...I started this thing 9 days ago. How many freakin' arrests have we had in those 9 days? lol :ols:

The glory days of summer, lol. I'm thinking as the camps start up and then the season that arrest rates will drop. Most of these guys are young and all of a sudden flush with cash. Hard to resist partying it up, but with most arrests seeming to be DUIs, I still wonder with all that cash why not just call a cab or hire a limo for the night? I'm thinking someone could start a any time chauffer service for sports stars in their area and make bank. Just advertise like crazy, especially at the popular night spots, or even just have a couple limos or cabs waiting outside those night spots, and have drivers who recognize these stars and tell them then and there to grab a ride with them.

I remember we were targeting Quinn in the draft, btw, but Rams took him in front of us, but we got Kerrigan. May turn out to be like when we got Orakpo because the Bills took Maybin.

I didn't see this one posted:

Chiefs S Donald Washington was arrested in Effingham County (IL) on Thursday for driving under the influence of drugs, unlawful possession of marijuana, speeding, and driving on a suspended license.

Bond was set at a pricey $20,000. Pulled over for speeding on I-70 by Illinois State police for doing 88 in a 70MPH zone, Washington was found to have a "small quantity of cannabis" in the trunk of his vehicle. There were at least 2.5 grams of marijuana in a stashed backpack. Washington has a court date scheduled for August 23. Although this is Washington's first NFL arrest and may not cost him playing time, he was already going to enter camp squarely on the roster bubble. The off-field slip-up may end Washington's tenure in K.C.

Source: 97.9 XFM Effingham

Jul 20 - 9:14 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football

Great question. Alot of players sadly, have starting thinking that they are invinsible when they are not. Unfortunately, they have become celebrities and think that they can get away with anything. The NFL MEDIA has has made them out to be Supermen that they are not.

I didn't see this one posted:

Chiefs S Donald Washington was arrested in Effingham County (IL) on Thursday for driving under the influence of drugs, unlawful possession of marijuana, speeding, and driving on a suspended license.

I want to live in a county named "Effingham".

How does Colt count as an "NFL arrest" when he's not even currently in the NFL???

He's in the UFL...wait...nope...didn't make it there.

He's in the CFL...wait...nope...got cut before the first preseason game.

He's in the Lingerie Football League maybe?

Archived