Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mexico, the timeless country

rocazares

Hi everyone, after so long I comeback to home, ES.

This time the reason of my post is about politics, and maybe our most important presidential elections of all time.

The ultra left wing is preparing one more robbery on sunday 1st.

This puppet, Peña Nieto have strong ties with drug lords of the so called cartel the Z's. The most violent and sanguinary cartel.

With a big history of corruption, this group of politics PRI, wants to comeback to the big chair for the perfect dictatorship,no kidding on this one (for 70 years "they win" every sinlge election, until 2000).

This f******* are the guiltys for all the blood running down the north of Mexico. All his governing men are drug lords and maintain a very good relation with cartels.

Please don't believe the news when they said Peña Nieto is the next president because all the mexicans we love him. That's not true. 70% of people don't like this dude, even a big % of people hate this little friend.

They are paying to the poor people for the vote, the starving people, the homeless people, a lot of naive people, they want to maintain ignorant every one.

I want to write more about of this but right now I'm working for one big project for work that I need to present my boss tomorrow.

I don't care anymore about repression and dangerous threatening cellular phone calls of this f****** I'm tired of this s****.

We need all the world to keep an eye for this sunday on this country with out democracy.

Health to everyone, Hail!

Sorry that your country is going through all this.

It looks like the PRI could also gain control of the senate and congress.

Some more info on the election for those who haven't been paying attention:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2012/06/2012627163950942756.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/28/mexicos-upcoming-national-election-candidates-and-facts_n_1635416.html

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/27/world/americas/mexico-campaign-closings/index.html?iref=allsearch

(I haven't been paying that much myself.

Although I have skimmed some articles when they've popped up.)

With a big history of corruption, this group of politics PRI, wants to comeback to the big chair for the perfect dictatorship,no kidding on this one (for 70 years "they win" every sinlge election, until 2000).

Ugh, back to the bad old days of looking the other way when it comes to the cartels.

Ugh, back to the bad old days of looking the other way when it comes to the cartels.
As opposed to the good old days of the half that aren't corrupt engaging in open warfare that results in countless innocent deaths when the cartels decide to send a message while the half that is corrupt continues to do their best to hand cuff the war.

Unfortunately, if you're going to get serious about waging war on them then it needs to be done top to bottom, through and through, on multiple fronts. You need to militaristically attack the cartels at the same time that an outside, independent party is conducting a thorough investigation of every politician, police man, and soldier involved. The country simply doesn't have the resources for something like that.

I have a feeling the Mexican affect on the US is just beginning. I stated many years ago that allowing China to become the dominant manufacturer would have an effect on the American hemisphere. South America could have used those manufacturing jobs to stave off political injustice. Now our money is gone to a communist country on the other side of the world while our brothers to the South suffer. Too bad, too late, for them and US.

Praying for your peace and safety as always rocazares.

Rocozares,

I always read your posts with keen interest. I really feel for your country and its people and wish you all the best. I wonder----and certainly you need not respond---do you worry in any way about doing something as innocuous as posting on a message board about your political discontent? I know journalism is no easy (that is, safe) job within Mexico.

I have a feeling the Mexican affect on the US is just beginning. I stated many years ago that allowing China to become the dominant manufacturer would have an effect on the American hemisphere. South America could have used those manufacturing jobs to stave off political injustice. Now our money is gone to a communist country on the other side of the world while our brothers to the South suffer. Too bad, too late, for them and US.

Don't know how we would have kept it there. During the 80's maquilas were huge and the growth in Juarez (which I'm familiar with from living so close) was phenomenal. Once China came on line, they were too much cheaper, even including transportation, for the jobs to stay in Mexico. Clinton tried his hardest to keep them in the hemisphere by enacting NAFTA, but it wasn't enough. The Chinese were determined to get the manufacturing dollars and with a coherent policy and a government that worked towards an end (as opposed to working towards filling their own pockets) they got what they wanted.

Hi SW, right now I'm at home, looking something to eat. My brother is one of the observers for this election day and we are checking everything runs normal.

Everything seems to end fine in our district.

Reading national news until noon three persons has lost his life related on politics.

Glad to read you, :D

Peace and health, I will be back in a couple of hours

---------- Post added July-1st-2012 at 02:54 PM ----------

Rocozares,

I always read your posts with keen interest. I really feel for your country and its people and wish you all the best. I wonder----and certainly you need not respond---do you worry in any way about doing something as innocuous as posting on a message board about your political discontent? I know journalism is no easy (that is, safe) job within Mexico.

Hi deejay, yes, a couple of years ago I created a blog, but the goverment send me PM to shut it down, at the begining I couldn't stop, mainly because some posts were just a recopilation of toher blogs, news, videos, links, etc.

The feel uncortable about I do, but its not just me, they do it in a massive way.

Since febraury I started to send mails to my friends and every one I know to keep them informated about this election day, also I'm very constant about activism on internet, my goal is not to wake up my country, and suddenly I received a call telling me to stop, they know my name and know my family, stop talking the truth about the PRI's left wing, corruption and his brotherhoood with the cartels or I will regret so bad.

I'm not going to stop, I'm tired for say the least.

For example, today this ****s have his men all around the country stolen election boxes, gunmen telling to vote for Peña Nieto, and others giving away money to vote for Peña Nieto.

This is not a peaceful day down here, a lot of violent things are happening and the goverment, well ... just fine, watching Spain vs Italy.

On this country, nothing happens.

Aqui no pasa nada.

Sad news for millions of mexicans, it seems Peña Nieto the candidate of the drug lords will be put in the big chair.

Even with the killings that occur today, even with the votes that they bought, even with the big fraud in front of world's eyes, this goverment don't do s***

I will start to searching work in another country, serioulsy, I don't want to live in a country ruled by a dictator, a drug lord (there are enough true leads), Monterrey, Chihuahua, Sonora, Tamaulipas are the proof.

I feel devastated ...

Maybe Canada waits for me.

There's no democracy in this piece of s***** country, corruption is the engine of this land.

Anyone else notice anytime we have a Mexican thread it always has something involving the drug cartels in it? That fact alone is sad.

sidenote: It's this kind of wacko stuff that keeps me from going south of the border to see games at Azteca. I know cartels don't generally target tourists(usually) but there's just so much corruption among the police,etc that I can't see myself going there until something changes. Hopefully it happens though so I can venture down and see a game with our Mexican ES fans. :cheers:

sidenote: It's this kind of wacko stuff that keeps me from going south of the border to see games at Azteca. I know cartels don't generally target tourists(usually) but there's just so much corruption among the police,etc that I can't see myself going there until something changes. Hopefully it happens though so I can venture down and see a game with our Mexican ES fans. :cheers:

I think kidnapping is probably more likely for tourists.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/02/us-mexico-election-idUSBRE85S1G320120702

Mexico's old rulers return but without strong mandate

Mexico's old rulers have regained power following 12 years in opposition but likely will have to forge alliances with other parties to push through reforms after winning the presidency by a much narrower margin than polls had forecast.

Enrique Pena Nieto of the Institutional Revolutionary Party, or PRI, declared himself the winner of Sunday's presidential election after a quick count by Mexico's electoral authorities gave him a clear lead.

Promising to reinvigorate the economy and reduce rampant drug violence, the telegenic 45-year-old will take office in December for a six-year term as president, restoring the party that dominated Mexican politics for most of the past century, at times ruthlessly.

Opinion polls in the last few days before the election had forecast Pena Nieto winning by a margin of between 10 to 15 percentage points, but with 85 percent of returns in, he was only 5.4 percentage points ahead of his leftist rival, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.

Pena Nieto had 37.6 percent support compared to 32.2 percent for Lopez Obrador and 25.4 percent for ruling party candidate Josefina Vazquez Mota.

I wonder what would have happened in a runoff.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/02/world/americas/mexico-elections/index.html

Political tensions flare after Mexican presidential vote

Hours after Mexico's presumed president-elect, Enrique Peña Nieto, said it was time for his country to leave behind the political rancor of campaign season, his closest opponent in the polls refused to concede and said the vote had been "plagued by irregularities."

Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador, who election authorities projected as the runner-up in Sunday's presidential vote, said Monday that he was awaiting the official election results, and prepared to contest them before judicial authorities if they didn't turn out in his favor.

"The election was plagued by irregularities before, during and after the process," said Lopez Obrador.

The Democratic Revolution Party candidate's declarations echoed comments he made in 2006, when election authorities said the leftist candidate narrowly lost the presidential race to Felipe Calderon. Lopez Obrador claimed election fraud and never conceded, referring to himself afterward as "the legitimate president of Mexico."

His supporters protested nationwide. In Mexico City, they staged sit-ins and blockades.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive Visionary, sorry for create this thread and leave it lonely, the work at office is killing since monday.

Well, the situation down here is tense, we're talking about irregularities, gunmen intimadating (spell?) in random sections, people buying credentials for 20 dollars (yes, for 20 dollars, that's a crime), masked men stealing electionary boxes, "regular" people trying to buy the electoral personal, IFE's (the goverment system who receives all the information of all electoral sections) database corrupted to the core, example in certain section Lopez Obrador had 181 votes, if we check in internet the results of that section, they display only 81 or 0, because they claim the number is not clear to everyone (let me search that pic), the sections closed at 6pm, at 630pm Vazquez Mota in national television said she lost and Lopez Obrador needs to accept he also lost, when not even 0.5% of the sections all around this country were counted. With not even 30% of sections counted the so called Calderon president said congratulations to Peña.

The media is talking about Peña wins in this CLEAN elections and Lopez Obrador is a dangerous man, filled with hatred to everyone who don't think like him.

In my opinion one more time the corruption will the ruler of this country, Lopez Obrador has the biggest plan for this country,is the second time that Salinas de Gortari appears against Lopez, the other, 2006, same BS.

I'm worried, Salina's puppet named Peña Nieto will let the drug lords get near this city, I don't want to live like my brothers in the north of this country, sadly decimated because of cartels, and will say it again, PRI is the comeback of the most dangerous, corrupted, vicious and anti democratic party in the history of this nation. They had a large list of killings, in fact everyone who tries to show the true.

Every one of his members who is or was a governor had a close relationship wiht crime, cartels, pedophile, piracy, prostitution and every thing beyond law, any thing, you name it and it fits.

Millions of mexicans want to wake up of this nightmare, we won on sunday july 1st, no doubt about it, but once again they want to grinding us down.

The fat lady will not sing in a very long time, is now or never.

Please bros, don't believe the worldwide news about clean elections in Mexico.

Peace and health.

Thanks for providing some local insight into the situation in Mexico.

I hope things turn out better than you expect though, somehow.

It looks like PRI did worse than they expected they would in the congressional part of the election.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-03/pemex-overhaul-harder-as-pri-misses-mexican-congress-majority.html

Incoming Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto will struggle to overhaul the state-run oil industry, a project he has called his “signature issue,” after his party won fewer seats in Congress than pre-election polls forecast.

With more than 90 percent of votes counted, Jorge Carlos Ramirez, Pena Nieto’s deputy campaign chief, estimated yesterday that the Institutional Revolutionary Party-led alliance will have about 241 lawmakers in the 500-seat lower house.

That leaves Pena Nieto dependent on the opposition to overhaul tax and labor laws, and his PRI well short of the two- thirds majority needed for constitutional changes to open up the oil industry to private investment. He must now convince much of the opposition and his own party to back a law that he says is needed to reverse seven years of declining output in the largest supplier of crude to the U.S.

Just be glad the AMLO didn't win.. and count it a victory for mexico.

I don't think so, AMLO presents one of the most ambitious proyect for this country, in fact he received a bigger % of votes one more time. Same situation in 2006.

The political scene is corrupted to the core, major companies don't pay his taxes on the other side the goverment install a new tax, tax of the tax, its makes no sense,

One of the points AMLO marks very clear is that he will chase down the corruption of our 1% (Salinas, Montiel, Azcarraga, Fox, Zedillo and the list don't stop).

Its hard for me to explain all the scenary but some how I will find the way to make myself clear about this.

Peace and health mcslugoo.

---------- Post added July-5th-2012 at 08:43 PM ----------

The Washington Post: Reports of gift card payments feed growing accusations of vote-buying in Mexico’s election

By Associated Press, Published: July 2

MEXICO CITY — Thousands of people rushed to stores Tuesday to redeem pre-paid gift cards they said were given to them previously by the party that won Mexico’s presidency, inflaming accusations that the weekend election was marred by widespread vote-buying.

At least a few cardholders were angry, complaining that they didn’t get as much as promised or that their cards weren’t working. Neighbors at one store in a poor neighborhood on the outskirts of Mexico City said the unusually large crowds prevented them from doing their daily shopping.

Under Mexican election law, giving voters gifts is not a crime unless the gift is conditioned on a certain vote or meant to influence a vote. However, the cost of such gifts must be reported, and cannot exceed campaign spending limits. Violations are usually punished with fines, but generally aren’t considered grounds for annulling an election.

Some of the people lined up to use gift cards said they got them for supporting the Institutional Revolutionary Party, or PRI, whose Enrique Pena Nieto won Sunday’s presidential election, according to the preliminary official vote count. Some wore red T-shirts and baseball caps with Pena Nieto’s name printed in white.

Maria Salazar, a 20-year-old university student, came with her 70-year-old father, Antonio Salazar, to cash three cards.

“They gave us the cards in the name of the PRI and Rep. Hector Pedroza (a PRI congressional candidate), and they said they were counting on our vote,” Maria Salazar said outside one store, as she carried plastic shopping bags packed with toilet paper, cooking oil, rice, saltine crackers and instant noodle soups.

Her father carried two more packed grocery bags and her 8-year-old nephew carried another.

“They told us they were worth 500 pesos ($37.50), but when we got to the check-out, they were only worth 100 rotten pesos ($7.50),” Salazar said.

Both she and her father said they had been told to turn in a photocopy of their voter ID card in order to get the gift cards.

Another woman interviewed outside the same Soriana grocery store also complained that her card had only 100 pesos ($7.50) in credit.

“For helping them with votes and all ... they gave us a card for supporting them, and all that for 100 pesos,” said the woman, who gave only her first name, Josefina, for fear of reprisals. She said she got the card for supporting Pena Nieto, but complained that “100 pesos lasts you about five minutes.”

Inside the store, long lines formed at card-reading machines as people tried to find the balances on their cards. Some grew angry and shouted insults against Pena Nieto.

Regular shoppers were vexed at the long lines. “I was going to buy bread right now, but you can see, the lines are tremendous, you can’t even get in,” said Maria Garcia Lobato.

Pena Nieto’s campaign and the PRI press office said they had no immediate comment, and the press representative of the Soriana grocery store chain did not immediately respond to phone calls. In the final days of the campaign before Sunday’s vote, PRI officials denied allegations that the party had distributed pre-paid cash cards from a local bank.

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/congress/apparent-winner-of-mexican-presidential-race-faces-struggle-for-support/2012/07/02/gJQAqICPJW_story.html

Archived