Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is "pedantic" an obscure word? (POLL)

G.A.C.O.L.B.

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

No, but pedantick is an obsolete form of the word from the middle ages.

And Potomack is an obsolete form of the river name from the colonial years. (No, really.)

95% of the stuff my brain has chosen to commit to memory is completely and utterly useless.

I am the inspiration for this thread as I called the threadstarter pedantic over why Marcus Allen wasnt being played with the Raiders.(to make a long story short, someone mentioned Marcus Allen playing many years in the NFL at RB and they wanted more RBs to have long careers. I said Allen had a Bo Jackson break. Threadstarter brings up Al Davis not liking him. I said he was being pedantic, as me and him agreed on the main point of Marcus Allen not playing many games in his last years in LA. It was damn near a non issue.)

I use the word a lot.

This thread is weird. And you PM'ing folks about the word is even weirder. Good luck on this thread though, I hope you find what you are seeking.

But do I win for being pedantic?

Depends on if you think other people should know what you know, IMO. I don't think it's pedantic to know some random fact if you acknowledge that there's no good reason for anyone else to care. This is probably a self-defense mechanism that can be attributed to my involuntary memorization of so much stupid, worthless crap. :ols: (Hey, I'm meeting my own definition! Can't say it's completely self-serving, though, because I legitimately believe that scientific studies would show that it's absolutely true.)

Anybody who voted pedantic as an obscure word, is a troglodyte and very likely a luddite.

Yes we do have posters who's names are synonomous with pedantics. They know who they are, they won't post in this thread because they are too busy being bogged down in what this thread might mean.

This thread is weird. And you PM'ing folks about the word is even weirder. Good luck on this thread though, I hope you find what you are seeking.

I found the thread entertaining at the very least. No reason to get uppity. Nobody would've known it was about you if you hadn't stated such.

As for the word pedantic, I don't think it's obscure... it just doesn't seem to be in the vernacular of many people my age (24).

Archived