Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, visionary said:

The short video in this article is just so damning against the Governor when it comes to this ultimatum both on a humanitarian level and a government spending level. The point of spending all this money to track people will likely cost more than those people that are scamming the system. 

On 12/29/2017 at 9:20 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

Lying as usual.

How can you tell (other than the obvious giveaway- his lips are moving)?

I mean, I have no idea wtf he's saying!  None.  Then again, neither does he....

Kentucky Gov. Bevin has issued an executive order saying that if any part of his Medicaid work requirement is struck down in court, he’ll terminate the state’s Obamacare Medicaid expansion, which insures nearly 500,000 people

It's what they voted for- for people who deny evolution, them folks sure seem to want to be Darwin candidates. Hopefully natural selection will be swift and painless for the inbreds.

Edited by Riggo-toni

• 2 weeks later...

After allowing states to impose work requirements for Medicaid enrollees, the Trump administration is now pondering lifetime limits on adults’ access to coverage.

Capping health care benefits — like federal welfare benefits — would be a first for Medicaid, the joint state-and-federal health plan for low-income and disabled Americans.

If approved, the dramatic policy change would recast government-subsidized health coverage as temporary assistance by placing a limit on the number of months adults have access to Medicaid benefits.

Well, that would suck for kids like mine.  All four of them are medically fragile adoptees.  I imagine all four of them would have passed any life time benefit max before they turned 5.  As part of our adoption agreement, their healthcare expenses are supposed to be taken care of by the government.  If they get serious about passing this, I can already envision Sarah McLachlan like ads only with a save our children theme rather than a save the dogs.

I have always been proud our country honors its Christian heritage of "that which is done unto the least of me..." when it comes to our foster care children's' health.  I am not saying it is great or equal to the best healthcare I could buy, but it has always been a step above leaving the sick child on a mountain top for the fates to do with as they will.  To be honest, it is better than most countries I have seen.  In our attempt to demonize those whom the system helps, do we forget who these people are?

The removal of benefit limits from private insurance was the biggest accomplishment of the ACA. To undo this for Medicaid is to make things far worse for the sick than before the ACA.   

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

You pretty much have to without the Obamacare penalty because otherwise you are going to pretty much drive the insurance companies out of business.

(They might be able to eke out a profit, but their stock prices are going to plummet and people aren't going to invest in them and so they will be forced out of business.)