Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

Why Is U.S. Health Care So Expensive? Some of the Reasons You’ve Heard Turn Out to Be Myths

In a new, detailed international comparison, the United States looks a lot more like its peers than researchers expected.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/13/upshot/united-states-health-care-resembles-rest-of-world.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

How Trum"healthcare policies" affect actual humans, it's not good.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumpcare-will-hurt-people-next-year-201655059.html

it wasn't good pre trump

from your link

Little relief from soaring premiums

Bill Luffman, 61, is a tobacco consultant in State Road, North Carolina, whose premiums have soared since the ACA went into effect. But he doubts the Trump proposals will help him. The premium on a Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy covering him and his wife, Joan, rose from $689 a month in 2015 to $2,347 per month in 2017. He paid. But when Blue Cross hiked it to near $2,500 per month for 2018, he applied for a federal waiver letting him buy a cheap policy with limited coverage, because the cost of health insurance was well over 25% of his income. He got the waiver and now pays $1,350 for a policy that covers catastrophic care, but little else.

2 hours ago, twa said:

Little relief from soaring premiums

Bill Luffman, 61, is a tobacco consultant in State Road, North Carolina, whose premiums have soared since the ACA went into effect. But he doubts the Trump proposals will help him. The premium on a Blue Cross/Blue Shield policy covering him and his wife, Joan, rose from $689 a month in 2015 to $2,347 per month in 2017. He paid. But when Blue Cross hiked it to near $2,500 per month for 2018, he applied for a federal waiver letting him buy a cheap policy with limited coverage, because the cost of health insurance was well over 25% of his income. He got the waiver and now pays $1,350 for a policy that covers catastrophic care, but little else.

. . . just like he had before, when he was paying $689.  

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Yeah, too bad the public option got shot down. 

now people are really going to get screwed under Trump's policies. 

Oh, like the GOP isn't going to screw the people who have single payer insurance, too.  

2 hours ago, Larry said:

. . . just like he had before, when he was paying $689.  

Oh, like the GOP isn't going to screw the people who have single payer insurance, too.  

If you say so

I'm sure looking forward to keeping my Dr and lower premiums one day

52 minutes ago, twa said:

If you say so

I'm sure looking forward to keeping my Dr and lower premiums one day

Damn Obama for failing to make it illegal for your insurance company to make changes to your policy, like (you're trying desperately to imply) he promised he would.  

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

It would seem to me that if you’re strongly anti abortion you’d be for cheap, accessible, long term and reliable contraception. 

You’d think that would be how it works, but it doesn’t seem to be.  No funds for contraception, cut aid for poor families with children, complain of the laziness of those kids when they can’t overcome their surroundings.  All the time not realizing that you are them.  It’s just damn crazy.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, tshile said:

It would seem to me that if you’re strongly anti abortion you’d be for cheap, accessible, long term and reliable contraception. 

The only contraception these folks going accept is not having sex till you're married.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

The only contraception these folks going accept is not having sex till you're married.

The only contraception these folks going accept is not having sex till you're rich.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

sterilize da ****es, it's all good

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Still trying to get my wife to understand that anal sex is a great way to prevent pregnancy.  We don't agree on which one is the receiver.

• Haha 5