Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

22 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Well, Congress has the best healthcare plan in the country, and they don't pay for it. Would be nice for them to have to use the healthcare they require regular citizens to have. 

Now, does that mean they would fix it? Probably not because they all have enough money to buy the best helthcare and would still look at it like everything is fine. 

And wish they would just do their damned jobs and not play politics. But that just makes me naive. 

Reminds me of the whole "if you couldn't run for reelection if the budget wasn't balanced...." line. 

Sure. The moral is that if these people had to operate in the same world as the middle class. They would probably be more pro-middle class. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Well, Congress has the best healthcare plan in the country, and they don't pay for it. Would be nice for them to have to use the healthcare they require regular citizens to have. 

Now, does that mean they would fix it? Probably not because they all have enough money to buy the best helthcare and would still look at it like everything is fine. 

And wish they would just do their damned jobs and not play politics. But that just makes me naive. 

1.  Congress critters DO pay taxes on their salaries.  So they do pay for it just as we pay for Medicare or would like to pay for Single-Payer.

2.  What makes you naive is that you dismiss the actual truth of the matter.  There are now, and ever have been, elected representatives from all parties that act in the best interest of the nation(quite likely outnumbered at this point in time).  Your personal inability to cut through the partisan propaganda and take measure of them leads you to endorse platitudes such as the one we are unfortunately discussing now.

3.  It's a much less strenuous course in life to yell "Throw the bums out", than it is to grind the data.

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Reminds me of the whole "if you couldn't run for reelection if the budget wasn't balanced...." line. 

Sure. The moral is that if these people had to operate in the same world as the middle class. They would probably be more pro-middle class. 

It's easy to bull**** around when the ramifications have no affect on you.

If they were forced to have to coverage of the average american, I bet the average american would wind up with very good coverage in a short period of time.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

1.  Congress critters DO pay taxes on their salaries.  So they do pay for it just as we pay for Medicare or would like to pay for Single-Payer.

I'm not talking about making them pay for it.

I'm talking about linking their health coverage to whatever the average is for the country. If the average american can only afford a catastrophic plan, then that's what they get.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, tshile said:

It's easy to bull**** around when the ramifications have no affect on you.

If they were forced to have to coverage of the average american, I bet the average american would wind up with very good coverage in a short period of time.

I have now, have always had, and will likely have forever, employer based health care.  So all this ACA stuff ultimately doesn't really matter to me in a basic sense.  Yes, I hope for a stable health care economy so that my own rates don't skyrocket, but if ACA fails then I'm still covered.

My stake in all this at this point is that I want national coverage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

2.  What makes you naive is that you dismiss the actual truth of the matter.  There are now, and ever have been, elected representatives from all parties that act in the best interest of the nation(quite likely outnumbered at this point in time).  Your personal inability to cut through the partisan propaganda and take measure of them leads you to endorse platitudes such as the one we are unfortunately discussing now.

3.  It's a much less strenuous course in life to yell "Throw the bums out", than it is to grind the data.

1.  Most Americans pay for healthcare on top of taxes. 

2. I haven't voted for a R for President or Congress in over a decade. In fact, the only R I have voted for is at the local BoS level. 

3. There are only a few bums I want thrown out. The leader lives at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. 

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Bruce Allen? :P

Makes me think...

What if Trump brought back Bush 2 or Cheney in some sort of role to get that name recognition amongst the base rolling.  For some reason, right wingers have this lovely memory of Bush 2 like he WASN'T the worst president in history.  Trump could bring back some names so that people wouldn't hate him so much.  How much would it take to buy off Colin Powell?

53 minutes ago, Springfield said:

this lovely memory of Bush 2 like he WASN'T the worst president in history.

I don't know. Under Bush 2 I had a string of amazingly hot ladies, vacations around the globe, and spare money to do whatever I want. Since he left I've had only 1 amazingly hot lady, vacations limited to Disney and in laws, and absolutely 0 money to do what I want.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, daveakl said:

I don't know. Under Bush 2 I had a string of amazingly hot ladies, vacations around the globe, and spare money to do whatever I want. Since he left I've had only 1 amazingly hot lady, vacations limited to Disney and in laws, and absolutely 0 money to do what I want.

I think your situation is more due to your personal choices than Obama!  :rofl89:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/29/trump-erupts-at-gop-senators-they-look-like-fools/?utm_term=.298f47bfc167&wpisrc=nl_most-draw14&wpmm=1

Title: Trump insults and threatens GOP senators in long rant after health bill failure

I like this synopsis because it demonstrates that  A: Either Trump is simply stupid or he's just a con-man. B: Trump is an obsessive and hates losing. C: Trump has ZERO strategic sense.

I guarrantee you when McConnell hears talk of ending fillibuster he has nightmares about post-2018 Senate with a Democrat majority.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/07/29/trump-erupts-at-gop-senators-they-look-like-fools/?utm_term=.298f47bfc167&wpisrc=nl_most-draw14&wpmm=1

Title: Trump insults and threatens GOP senators in long rant after health bill failure

I like this synopsis because it demonstrates that  A: Either Trump is simply stupid or he's just a con-man. B: Trump is an obsessive and hates losing. C: Trump has ZERO strategic sense.

I guarrantee you when McConnell hears talk of ending fillibuster he has nightmares about post-2018 Senate with a Democrat majority.

You forgot D. All of the above.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daveakl said:

I picked up the slack once the Obama administration kicked in.

• Like 1