Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

INN: Illinois State Rep. Goes Insane in Epic Rant

AsburySkinsFan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GEAo1oxMOjI

Check out this political speech. Pretty insane, huh? This video is of Illinois State Representative Mike Bost loosing in marbles during a floor speech yesterday. He throws papers, screams, punches the air, and flairs his arms — all the markings of a good epic insane speech. And you may have done the same once you find out his reasons.

Rep. Mike Bost lost it because earlier that day, a committee voted on a pension reform bill which then in turn brought it up for a vote for the entire House without enough time to even read the bill. Bost was furious because over one hundred page bill could even be properly discussed or looked through before being forced to vote upon it. Politics as usual? Maybe, but his rant does bring up a few important questions: do we give too much power to a single person in the state’s House of Representatives (or in any legislative branch) and aren’t these huge, unreadable bills with little to no time to read them doing us more harm than good?

http://infinitynewsnetwork.com/2012/05/31/illinois-state-rep-goes-insane-in-epic-rant-video/

bost.jpg

How am I supposed to know which way to post when they don't put a R or D after the name? :maniac:

Which is truly the point isn't it? The reps get the bill 4 minutes before they need to vote on it and so they can't read it and are left to follow the party leadership, it is a system which reinforces party line voting and centralized power into a few key persons.

"loosing in marbles" = Me trying not to tear my hair out in rage over that abuse of the English language.... :twitch:

As for the video....that was one of the greatest rants I've ever seen. Especially the microphone slap at the end, that was just a fantastic exclamation point to his speech. :ols:

loved the Moses quote also loved the reaction from people around him...which was basically no reaction at all. The old guy in front of him doesn't turn around at all. LOL

The young girl behind him laughed.

He is ****ing dead on and it's great to see somebody getting pissed off about it. Nobody else having a reaction is proof nobody cares.

Let's devolve more power to the States! :evil:

Heck I wish more US Reps would get this upset at the power plays in Washington, the Speaker and Minority leaders running their parties and using the whips to enforce their rule. I love where he said that we live in a Democracy but not in that chamber.

Which is truly the point isn't it? The reps get the bill 4 minutes before they need to vote on it and so they can't read it and are left to follow the party leadership, it is a system which reinforces party line voting and centralized power into a few key persons.

It is a problem. On the other hand, it's the way it always has been. Complicated bills are negotiated for months and months between caucuses, and individual legislators have a responsibility to keep up on those negotiations. When the final bill pops out, the horse trading is done, and they vote and go home. Also, no individual representative can be an expert on every single issue that he or she ultimately votes on. It's just impossible.

I say that while knowing nothing about the particular legislator here, or the bill, or anything.

Saw some of it last night, thanks for the full video, ASF!! Awesome, and if no one in the chamber knows WHAT they're voting on, they shouldn't be voting on anything.

If they GOP gets their way, the NEA will be abolished, so no citizen will be assured the right to a decent education, therefore won't be able to read squat, so we can do away with all these nutty bills and laws and crazy ideas that get in the way of that pesky independence thing.:peace1:

Saw some of it last night, thanks for the full video, ASF!! Awesome, and if no one in the chamber knows WHAT they're voting on,

I don't think it is so much that they don't know what they're voting on, I mean they all knew it was a pension bill, but what was the final form which was being voted on, did someone manage to slip in language or measures that could come back to haunt a the representative? It is not above many legislators to vote against their own bills because during the process the bill got weighed down with crap, 4 minutes seems a pretty short measure of time to look at a final version. Even more than that though what seemed to fuel the rant more than anything was the singular power held by the Speaker.

Saw some of it last night, thanks for the full video, ASF!! Awesome, and if no one in the chamber knows WHAT they're voting on, they shouldn't be voting on anything.

Again, if a bill has been in negotiations in committee for months, and an individual legislator still has no idea what it is about, that falls on him or her. Most bills come to the house floor as finished products. They have to, or nothing ever would get done.

but the rant was epic indeed

(who's going to be the first one to break down and google what this is all about? I'd hate to find out that I am playing contrarian against the Democratic Representative from Hyde Park :ols: ))

---------- Post added May-31st-2012 at 01:13 PM ----------

I wish we had guys like him on the floor of the House when Obamacare came up for vote.

We did. Hundreds of them. All of whom pretended that the bill hadn't been negotiated for a year straight, and amended and weakened over and over in concession to concerns put forth by the GOP, before the final bill came up for a vote and they all had temper tantrums and voted against it.

Again, if a bill has been in negotiations in committee for months, and an individual legislator still has no idea what it is about, that falls on him or her. Most bills come to the house floor as finished products. They have to, or nothing ever would get done.

but the rant was epic indeed

(who's going to be the first one to break down and google what this is all about? I'd hate to find out that I am playing contrarian against the Democratic Representative from Hyde Park :ols: ))

---------- Post added May-31st-2012 at 01:13 PM ----------

We did. Hundreds of them. All of whom pretended that the bill hadn't been negotiated for a year straight, and amended and weakened over and over in concession to concerns put forth by the GOP, before the final bill came up for a vote and they all voted against it.

http://www.dailyregister.com/news/x624617219/State-Rep-Mike-Bosts-rant-over-pension-reform

SPRINGFIELD —

State Rep. Mike Bost (R-Murphysboro) blew his top Tuesday on the floor of the Illinois House of Representatives, flinging a copy of a new pension reform proposal that would require local taxpayers to cover education pension costs into the air and telling his stoic colleagues that they “should be ashamed” of themselves.

I don't think it is so much that they don't know what they're voting on, I mean they all knew it was a pension bill, but what was the final form which was being voted on, did someone manage to slip in language or measures that could come back to haunt a the representative? It is not above many legislators to vote against their own bills because during the process the bill got weighed down with crap, 4 minutes seems a pretty short measure of time to look at a final version. Even more than that though what seemed to fuel the rant more than anything was the singular power held by the Speaker.

Oh, I get that part...and any more thought about the "Speaker" will make my head explode. ( A truly dishonest child who needs a whoopin...)

(I should've said, if no one in the chamber is CLEAR about the bill...)oops.

Even more than that though what seemed to fuel the rant more than anything was the singular power held by the Speaker.

Was he ranting against his own speaker, or was the speaker from the other party?

If it was his own party's speaker and his party is in control of the House, then that was pretty damn ballsy. If he is just ranting about a speaker from the other party in control, then it's less impressive.

Archived