Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jags new punter

Koolblue13

http://www.theonion.com/articles/jacksonville-3rdround-pick-punter-bryan-anger-i-wi,28088/

"This is, without a doubt, the greatest moment of my life—and, I promise you, a defining moment in Jaguars history," Anger told reporters during a press conference after the decision Friday. "This is the year they punt themselves into the spotlight. I will do everything I can to make sure the Jaguars and punting will soon be seen as one and the same."

I suppose when you are rolling with Blaine Gabbert as your QB having a top notch punter is pretty important :D

Actually I think its a bit early to close the book on Gabbert - but he is going to have to step up in a big way this year and show a lot more presence in the pocket.

I suppose when you are rolling with Blaine Gabbert as your QB having a top notch punter is pretty important :D

Actually I think its a bit early to close the book on Gabbert - but he is going to have to step up in a big way this year and show a lot more presence in the pocket.

I liked this quote:

"You look at how a lot of teams these days are built around a high-powered passing game, and you look at [Jaguars quarterback Blaine] Gabbert, and you realize how important it is for us to have a great punter in our arsenal," Mularkey said.

He'll have to beat out Henne. I would play Henne and sit him for a year, which is what he needed last year.

"This is, without a doubt, the greatest moment of my life—and, I promise you, a defining moment in Jaguars history," Anger told reporters during a press conference after the decision Friday. "This is the year they punt themselves into the spotlight. I will do everything I can to make sure the Jaguars and punting will soon be seen as one and the same."

Wow, Im glad the Anger feels that highly of himself. As a 3rd round pick, he probably is a defining moment in Jags history. Accordingly, he better do well or else he will get the boot.

He'll have to beat out Henne. I would play Henne and sit him for a year, which is what he needed last year.

Gabbert should have sat last year but after some experience and a full offseason he should be able to beat out Henne. If he can't - and I agree it's not certain he will - that would be a huge red flag to me.

---------- Post added May-4th-2012 at 01:34 PM ----------

Wow, Im glad the Anger feels that highly of himself. As a 3rd round pick, he probably is a defining moment in Jags history. Accordingly, he better do well or else he will get the boot.

You realise this is from the onion and is a spoof ?

I bet this is exactly what Durant Durant (or whatever the hell that cats name was that Vincenzo drafted in '08) felt like. He was supposed to be "The Man With The Iron Leg. The power of a sledgehammer, the accuracy of a Spetsnaz. He Once Nailed A 90 Yard Punt...Against The Wind. He Lived Down The Street From Ray Guy..."

Danny Smith's not his special teams coach, so I think he'll do fine. :)

Archived