Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com twitter - Redskins officially sign K Rackers and LB Goff

c4man5282

We have many promising LB's now, I just hope they get a legit chance since evaluating them all fairly is going to take some doing I would think.

Keenan Robinson

White

Jackson

Kehl

Alexander

Goff

Wilson

McNally

Other UDFA I can't recall

These guys play different position you know.

Robinson - Goff - Kehl - are ILBs

Wilson - White - Jackson - are OLBs

They know Alexander. The team won't have any problem evaluating them.

Goff is an excellent addition. He tore his ACL before the season even started last year so he should be far along in his rehab or cleared by now. Even though it typically takes an additional year to regain pre-injury form, we shouldn't need Goff to see a lot of time on defense anyway. With the additions of Goff and Keenan Robinson, I don't see Kehl making this roster. This staff values linebackers for their additional contributions on special teams but here is how our roster should look:

ILB: Fletcher, Riley, Goff & Robinson

OLB: Orakpo, Kerrigan, Jackson & White

We'll have to carry 9 Linebackers just to keep Lorenzo Alexander on the roster and I'm sure he will make the team. I'm really not sure it is possible to have better depth at a position than that. Our front 7 is extremely deep on defense, our WR corps is deep as well, and if at least one of the rookies at Guard + Compton work out, our depth on O-line is pretty damn solid as well. You could probably make a decent argument for QB as well except two of them are rookies so I won't go there.

Hard to remember a time when we had so many position groups that deep on this team. Shanahan has definitely made plenty of progress on his stated goal of creating depth and competition across the roster. There are going to be some tough cuts this year - guys that will get cut from our team and get picked up elsewhere - cannot remember the last time I could say that.

These guys play different position you know.

Robinson - Goff - Kehl - are ILBs

Wilson - White - Jackson - are OLBs

They know Alexander. The team won't have any problem evaluating them.

You're right. And we will likely keep quite a few regardless. I suppose I was thinking too much ILB.

After RG3, this is the biggest move of the offseason so far. It represents a three to four game swing in the win column. If RG3 can get off to a quick start this team WILL make the playoffs b/c of Neil "Rack 'em up" Rackers.

Huh? He's being brought in to compete with Gano. Doubtful he's our K this year.

Does this mean that McIntosh is on his way out? Fletcher+Riley+Goff+Robinson? Do we usually keep 3 backup ILB?

McIntosh = UFA, not coming back.

Fletch and Riley = starters, Robinson drafted to be backup to, learn from and succeed Fletch, Goff signed to challenge Riley for 2nd starting spot.

My guess :)

Don't forget, though, that Lorenzo Alexander is also moving inside, not sure where that figures into things. Insurance in case Robinson/Goff don't work out, back to OLB/DE if they do? Awesome to have flexibility!

Love the Goff signing. LOVE IT!!! Stole a young potential starter from a division rival! :giantsuck:

We'll need at minumum 4 ILBs....mybe more (Alexander)

BTW, how's "the Cape" doing with the loss of the shuttle program? I grew up just up the road from there.

Miserable bro. There may be opportunities for those because I think I heard there's a company that is working on similar projects - something like that. Titusville, Cocoa Beach, Merrit Island and surrounding areas are bad. It's sad because I'm sure this place was booming in the 80's & 90's. The job market is very, very poor. I'm having a hard time myself since being laid off from a company in Reston, Va. I was working remotely. Hard times man - very hard. All we can do is hope better things are on the horizon.

Two more great moves.

Gano at the very least has serious pressure in what should develop into an open kicking competition in camp. (Let's see if he can finally handle the pressure.).

And Goff is at the very least quality depth. Maybe even more if he's fully recovered. The Giants where real high on him a few years back.

Hail.

Miserable bro. There may be opportunities for those because I think I heard there's a company that is working on similar projects - something like that. Titusville, Cocoa Beach, Merrit Island and surrounding areas are bad. It's sad because I'm sure this place was booming in the 80's & 90's. The job market is very, very poor. I'm having a hard time myself since being laid off from a company in Reston, Va. I was working remotely. Hard times man - very hard. All we can do is hope better things are on the horizon.

Sorry to hear that. I would normly recommed moving but if you have a house we both know that's not an option. I can't believe how bad the housing market has been hit down there. Good luck buddy.

As much of a shock as this should apparently come to some posters, the FO saw the UFA/UDFA class as also a very strong one this year and it's been a serious part of their planning from before the draft.
The Minnefield signing along (UDFA) made that part of the offseason a success. Anything else is gravy.

As for Goff, I know little about him. Thought he was just a special teams guy. Not that I have a problem with that at all...

Archived