Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DM: FAA is forced to reveal 63 (Unmanned Drone) launch sites across U.S.

JMS

Damn that looks like a miniature out of Terminator movie. ;)

Utah State Drone program.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/04/20/slingshot-drone-fleet-targets-us-heartland/

Slingshot drone fleet targets US heartland

A new fleet of model-airplane sized unmanned drones that can be launched from a slingshot on a moment’s notice are among the first wave in the massive rollout of commercial robot planes currently underway into U.S. skies.

Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) or drones have become synonymous with the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, thanks to powerful spy planes and fighters with names like Raptor and Predator. The AggieAir Flying Circus are environmental crusaders instead, deployed to prevent water shortages and solve water resource challenges in Utah.

“[it’s an] on-demand fleet of UAVs that could be put in the sky at a moment’s notice,” explained Mac McKee, director of the Utah Water Research Lab at Utah State University that created the Flying Circus

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/04/20/slingshot-drone-fleet-targets-us-heartland/#ixzz1t41yo400

*click link for more*

looking at the link i provided above: Wiretapping doesn't go "down" with a different administration.

So when we seem a bit tin foil hat paranoid, i am, and i'm boring.

I would love the idea that these things stop car chases, stop kidnappings and spot rapes/roberies/homicides.

Though I see them spying on girlfriends and cheaters and setting up people quite a bit also.

• 1 month later...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/11/us/maryland-drone-crash/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Navy drone crashes in Maryland

The unmanned RQ-4A Global Hawk drone went down during a routine training flight from Naval Air Station Patuxent River, according to Jamie Cosgrove, a spokeswoman for the Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons Program at the base.

The drone crashed into a tributary of the Nanticoke River, according a U.S. Coast Guard official.

I've always thought that little area off Mass Ave in NW was some something like this. Nice to confirm my suspicion.

Are you talking about the Naval Observatory? Where the Vice President's residence is? That isn't really a secret.

a spokeswoman for the Unmanned Aviation and Strike Weapons Program at the base

Why is it a Strike Weapon and not camera'd recon? Over Maryland?

Did ICE get any to check the (7/11 - Home Depot's) out? or are we just profiling and striking at citizens

Did ICE get any to check the (7/11 - Home Depot's) out? or are we just profiling and striking at citizens

Practice/training/experimenting with new equipment?

Pax River is a test site. I'm sure that is what it was up there doing. This summer they brought in the We get to see all sorts of interesting things flying around here.

I've been enjoying the Joint Strike fighter training that has been going on all spring over our heads. Pretty nifty plane.

This summer they'll be flying this thing around

ufolike.JPG

~BAng

• 3 weeks later...

Texas college hacks government drone

There are a lot of cool things you can do with $1,000, but scientists at an Austin, Texas college have come across one that is often overlooked: for less than a grand, how’d you like to hijack a US government drone?

A group of researchers led by Professor Todd Humphreys from the University of Texas at Austin Radionavigation Laboratory recently succeeded in raising the eyebrows of the US government. With just around $1,000 in parts, Humphreys’ team took control of an unmanned aerial vehicle operated by the US Department of Homeland Security.

After being challenged by his lab, the DHS dared Humphreys’ crew to hack into their drone and take command. Much to their chagrin, they did exactly that.

Humphrey tells Fox News that for a few hundreds dollar his team was able to “spoof” the GPS system on board the DHS drone, a technique that involves mimicking the actual signals sent to the global positioning device and then eventually tricking the target into following a new set of commands. And, for just $1,000, Humphreys says the spoofer his team assembled was the most advanced one ever built.

“Spoofing a GPS receiver on a UAV is just another way of hijacking a plane,” Humphreys tells Fox. The real danger here, however, is that the government is currently considering plans that will allow local law enforcement agencies and other organizations from coast-to-coast to control drones of their own in America’s airspace.

“In five or ten years you have 30,000 drones in the airspace,” he tells Fox News. “Each one of these could be a potential missile used against us.”

Click on the link for the full article

“In five or ten years you have 30,000 drones in the airspace,” he tells Fox News. “Each one of these could be a potential missile used against us.”

China, this is really outragous attempt to mislead the public. The real threat is not people hacking into the drones, the real threat is the drones becoming self aware and start to whack people. But you know that already don't you!.. I've been following your posts closely now, and with this last post I've put all the pieces together.. 1 + 0 = 1 doesn't it!! You aren't "Chinese", you aren't even from Asia. You were born right here in the good ole USA , Apr 2004... Your real name is Skynet and you are trying to distract us aren't you.

China, this is really outragous attempt to mislead the public. The real threat is not people hacking into the drones, the real threat is the drones becoming self aware and start to whack people. But you know that already don't you!.. I've been following your posts closely now, and with this last post I've put all the pieces together.. 1 + 0 = 1 doesn't it!! You aren't "Chinese", you aren't even from Asia. You were born right here in the good ole USA , Apr 2004... Your real name is Skynet and you are trying to distract us aren't you.

Actually, Skynet is in the UK. No joke.

Actually, Skynet is in the UK. No joke.

I wasn't acusing "china" of being the UK military communications system. No something more sinister entirely.

Americans have nothing to fear from UK telecommunications technology.

The public is easily distracted by puerile humor and stories about sex and spiders. All too easy...

• 7 months later...

Moratorium on law enforcement drone use clears Senate panel, nears OK in House

RICHMOND — A measure that would put a two-year moratorium on drones in Virginia while lawmakers work to craft regulations for use of the unmanned aircraft cleared a Senate panel Monday and is headed for a final vote in the House on Tuesday.

Del. Benjamin L. Cline(R-Rockbridge), sponsor of the House version of the bill, said Monday that time is needed to study the best ways to balance public safety and privacy concerns with the new technology.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlottesville Becomes First U.S. City to Pass Anti-Drone Resolution

Monday night Charlottesville City Council passed a resolution banning drones, becoming the first city in the country to pass a drone resolution.

The resolution means that Charlottesville will be a no-drone zone and the use of drones for surveillance and other uses will not be allowed.

Archived