Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Your Redskins Only 2012 Mock Draft

Chump Bailey

I used Walters Football's mock to see who would be available. Based on that, I made the following selections. Looks like I love Griffin's compadres from Baylor, but that's an accident. I see Blake as a steal in the 4th round. Like Ganaway, who could double as a fullback, most of my picks could provide depth at multiple positions. I see us targeting a qb and more secondary guys in the UDFA market.

69 - Zebrie Sanders OT/G

102 - Philip Blake C/G

109 - DaQuan Menzie CB/S

141 - Terrance Ganaway RB/FB

199 - Audie Cole ILB/OLB

213 - Ryan Miller G

thanks for the link - i had a hard time finding other sites with round projections - most just detail the prospect.
Another great source is Gil Brandt, but he doesn't write or say very much but when he does its like EF Hutton.

anyway....

NFL scouts came out in full force for Oklahoma’s pro day, with 30 teams taking in the workout on Wednesday. Both CB Jamell Fleming (5-foot-10 7/8, 198 pounds) and T Donald Stephenson (6-5 5/8, 314) stood on their combine marks, but strong position workouts helped each player firm up a second-round grade.

Anybody know where the Stanford TE Fleener is expected to go? If he's available in the 4th or later, I think he's worth looking at. I know, I know, our TE position isn't a priority but I think he's gonna be a very good NFL player. Definitely wouldn't take him in the 3rd, but if he's sitting there in 4th or 5th, I'd go for it.

Anybody know where the Stanford TE Fleener is expected to go? If he's available in the 4th or later, I think he's worth looking at. I know, I know, our TE position isn't a priority but I think he's gonna be a very good NFL player. Definitely wouldn't take him in the 3rd, but if he's sitting there in 4th or 5th, I'd go for it.

Fleener? He's considered a 1st round grade TE. I like him too.

Maybe to the Giants in the 1st???

yea Fleener is top dog at TE this year. Can't see him going past the Colts 2nd rounder. I could see us still going TE, though - another joker type you can flex out wide and cause matchup headaches. Interested to see how Paul transitions to TE - he could fit that roll. I was surprised to see that Shannon Sharpe played in the 235-245 range and the same with Owen Daniels.

Many mocks have Fleener going to SF or NYG in the 1st round. Wouldn't suprise me. I'm digging the idea of Paul moving to TE. Could be dyamic (like Griffin). We won't need to draft a TE. We may, however, need to find a tweener at RB/FB to compensate for Sellar's departure. That's why I was looking at Ganaway. He's got that kind of bulk for goal line situations, and he can catch. Not so sure about his blocking skills.

Fleener is going either 30 or 32 this year.

As for my mock heres what I've got

3rd- Amini Silatolu

He does look very promising but don't you think he may be gone in the 2nd (worked out for the Bengals)? How about character issue ? I read he had a few fights, without being charged though.

He does look very promising but don't you think he may be gone in the 2nd (worked out for the Bengals)? How about character issue ? I read he had a few fights, without being charged though.

Really depends on who you listen to. I have him rated highly but I see some who have him going late 2nd to early 3rd. Not really worried about his character issues.

I love the NFL draft, I have been followig it since I was 10 years old. One thing I know for sure after all these years is that the players I want the Redskins to take after the first round never happens. When it comes time for there pick after round one and the players I want are still on the board they always pick someone that makes me go "what the......". I am far from an expert evaluater of talent, I just read what Mel Kiper, Pro Football Weekly, Russ Lande, Tony Paulie, Greg Cosel and others have to say but most of the time I am disapointed the day after the draft because I think there are better players available that we missed out on and usually the Eagles or Giants picked them up so that makes it worse. That being said, these are the player I want them to take after RGIII (but know they won't). (also, I hope they trade a 2013 conditional pick or Gaffney to the Bucs for Talib. If the Bucs pick Claiborne I think they will trade Talib, if they don't get him I think they will have to hang onto him this year. I am picking my players with the asumption that they trade for Talib and CB isn't a major need)

3rd Round- Mychael Kendricks LB California (I hope he is still here, hits a ton and loves the game great leadership qualities. Sound familiar?)

4th Round- Trumaine Johnson CB Montana (Lots of talent and you can never have to many good CB's can also be looked at free safety)

4th Round- Donald Stephenson OT Oklahoma (Redskins have a fetish for Oklahoma O linemen, great measurments, needs to put it all together)

5th Round- Adam Gettis OG Iowa (Guard is a big need and hopefully he can provide depth this year and take over for Chester next)

6th Round- Chris Rainey RB/SWR/KR Florida (Off the field problems are a concern but Shannahan would love to use his speed & versatility)

7th Round- Mike Brewster C Ohio St. (looking for depth and they need it at center)

3rd - Kelechi Osemele, OG, Iowa State

4th - Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

4th - Donald Stephenson, OT, Oklahoma

5th - James-Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada

6th- Kelcie McCray, S, Arkansas State

7th - Keyshawn Martin, WR, Michigan State

Man, this would be sweet draft if everyone was available but I think some of the picks will be gone. (Osemele, Stephenson, JM Johnson)

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 03:29 PM ----------

3rd: Donald Stephenson, OT

4th: James-Michael Johnson, ILB

4th: Trenton Robinson, S

5th: Tommy Streeter, WR

6th: Nate Potter, OG

7th: Donnie Fletcher, CB

Oh, I like this one too and it seems more plausible for the OL

-I love Trenton Robinson used to include him in my mocks but I think he's moved up the boards out of the 4th round but we can always hope

Here's who I'd like:

Round 3: #69 - Zebrie Sanders, OT, FSU

Round 4: #102 - Ryan Broyles, WR, OU

Round 4: #109 - Chris Rainey, RB/WR, UF.

Round 5: #141 - Josh Norman, CB, CC

Round 6: #173 - Mike Brewster, OC, OSU

Round 7: #213 - Vontaze Burfict, LB, ASU

Wishful thinking? Maybe...but possible. Only one I think is gone is Broyles.

3rd - #69 -Donald Stephenson, OT, Oklahoma

4th - #102 - Mike Brewster, C, Ohio State

4th - #109 - Ryan Broyles, WR, OU

5th - #141 -James-Michael Johnson, ILB

or Travis Lewis, ILB, OU

6th - #173 - LUcas Nix, OG Pittsburg

7th - #213 - Drake Dunsmore FB/TE, Northwestern

'K, I'ma preface this by saying if one of Mychal Kendricks, Brandon Brooks or Brandon Taylor are available in the third, in that order, I'ma take them in a heartbeat.

But as a fear all 3 will be gone in the second round, I'll go with this:

Round 3. OT. Mitchell Schwartz/ Cal. Perfect fit and can start day one at RT. If he's there in the third he'd be ideal.

Round 4. CB. Omar Bolden/ Arkansas State. I can hear folk screaming about his injury now. But he's showing signs of getting back to the same speed and strength that made him one of the best cover guys in the draft pre-injury. Perfect compliment for Wilson and well worth the gamble IMHO.

Round 4. WR. Ryan Broyles/ OU. Again, no worries on his injury he's coming off weighed up against his talent. Top producing college receiver the past 2 or 3 years, and the best slot guy in the draft IMHO. Wes Welker MKII. A great safety net for RGIII. Steal here.

Round 5. I/OLB. Ricky 'Tank' Carder, Jr./ TCU. Non-stop motor. Tough as all heck SOB. Tackling machine who can play right across the unit. What's not to like?

Round 6. CB. Josh Norman/ Costal Carolina. I'm real intrigued at the prospect of Norman as a FS. Great size and build. Quick as heck and a ball hawk who can tackle. Could be a steal if he's available this low.

Round 7. OT/ OG. Matt Reynolds/ BYU. A little old at 25 due to his mission work, but a quality, strong back-up tackle who's more athletic than he appears. If Schwartz pays off, perfect RT back-up with Williams and Smith over the other side. Also liking the Wake Forrest guard Joe Looney here.

Hail.

#2 Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M :)

I joke, I joke.

#69 Casey Heyward CB Vanderbilt

#102 Isiah Pead RB Cincinatti

#109 Ryan Broyles WR Oklahoma

#141 Brandon Mosely OT Auburn

#173 Najee Goode ILB West Virginia

#213 Julian Miller DE West Virginia

Hmmm, I'm going to assume we don't trade down in the 3rd for the purposes of this exercise. I'm not going to make a true mock draft, but rather just list players I think we'll be looking at at each of our picks, with some consideration included for where they probably go. A few players appear in multiple rounds since they might be available at both.

1st:

QB: RGIII (You were expecting maybe the Easter Bunny?)

3rd:

OT: Schwartz, Sanders, Stephenson

OG: Brooks, Osemele, Brown, Looney

WR: Jenkins, Broyles, Quick

CB: T.Johnson, Boykin, Norman, Hayward

4th:

OT: Stephenson, Mosley

OG: Brown, Looney, Kelemete

WR: J. Wright, Hilton, McNutt

CB: Hayward, Minnifield, Fleming, Brooks, Jackson

ILB: Wagner, Johnson

S: Thomas, Iloka, Hardin

Second 4th:

OT: Mosley, Reynolds

OG: Kelemete, Gettis

WR: Wright, Hilton, Criner

CB: Fleming, Brooks, Jackson, Prater, Wade, Steed, Bolden

ILB: Johnson, Lewis

S: Thomas, Iloka, Hardin

5th:

OT: Zusevics, Datko

OG: Washington, Nix

CB: Bolden, Tandy, L. Johnson

ILB: Cole, Acho

WR: Jones, Fuller, Childs

S: McCray, Jackson

These are mainly the names that jump out at me, and I know some of these guys visited us, like Bolden, Tandy, and Thomas. With 6th and 7th I would advocate BPA.

I'm also not really a fan of RB before the 6th as well. We have young guys, we need a vet to mentor them. Overall, I think our rushing attack if fine right now, and in much MUCH better shape than the Oline or our secondary. And as much as I like Brandon Taylor, I think we'll either miss him or pass anyway. I think FS is higher on the needs chart, since our top guy is an offense away from being banned, and Taylor is a SS, not FS.

Again, my personal hope is we trade back in the 3rd and get an extra 4th, then do something like Broyles, Minnifield, Stephenson, Kelemete with those 4 picks. If those players make it that far and we snagged them, I feel like it'd be an amazing class.

Man, this would be sweet draft if everyone was available but I think some of the picks will be gone. (Osemele, Stephenson, JM Johnson)

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 03:29 PM ----------

Oh, I like this one too and it seems more plausible for the OL

-I love Trenton Robinson used to include him in my mocks but I think he's moved up the boards out of the 4th round but we can always hope

True, and that's the one spot which is wishful thinking. I suppose Iloka would be a good substitute.

Archived