Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Your Redskins Only 2012 Mock Draft

Chump Bailey

With a mere days to go before the real deal starts, let's see what you have. Trades, feedback and pick analysis/explanations encouraged...

I'll kick it off:

#69 * RB Robert Turbin * Utah State

#102 * OT Brandon Mosley * Auburn

#109 * OLB Josh Kaddu * Oregon

#141 * OG Adam Gettis * Iowa

#173 * CB Donnie Fletcher * Boston College

#213 * WR Wes Kemp * Missouri

I'd love Taylor (another safety called Taylor!), but with the dirth in depth (new saying?) of safety's this class I can see him going in the second.

Nice idea Chump. I shall add later as I'm all over the place right now.

Hail.

*Edit* Oh, if we take a back in the third, I'ma kick the dog around the house. On your head be poor Meagans pain!

I'd love Taylor (another safety called Taylor!), but with the dirth in depth (new saying?) of safety's this class I can see him going in the second.

Nice idea Chump. I shall add later as I'm all over the place right now.

Hail.

I was not sure about the thread so I asked permission from Zoony. It seemed like a good idea :)

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 10:49 AM ----------

*Edit* Oh, if we take a back in the third, I'ma kick the dog around the house. On your head be poor Meagans pain!

We're kicking the tires on Turbin I believe. I like the idea personally.

1st : are gee one two three

3rd : Ryan broyles (slot wr day one, or learn from moss year 1 than take over)

4th : donald stephenson (right tackle, behind jammaal for 6 or 8 games)

4th : phillip thomas (free safety behind tanard year 1)

5th : dequan menzie (never be a #1 or #2 cb, but is the 2nd best slot cb in draft behind ron brooks)

6th : david molk (long term center i promise will take montys job by mid seas)

7th : blake gideon (between him phillip thomas and dejon, 1 of them have to be a player right?)

I really wouldnt mind a trade back in 3rd and pick up an extra

4th. I would love to walk away from this draft with a new qb, rb, wr, te, tackle, guard, center, ilb, cb, s. I know thats 10 picks but 1 or 2 we can bring in undrafted dudes.

Round 3- Zerbie Sanders OT

OL is the biggest area for improvement that I see on the offense

Sanders is a RT prospect that could challenge for playing time/starting pot; insurance against Trent Williams drug risk

Round 4- James Brown OG

Keeping the focus on upgrading the OL, Brown has the good measureables but comes from a small school

he played LT in college some scouts project him as OG in the NFL either way he adds depth at both OG/OT and could challenge for a starting spot

Round 4- Cyrus Gray RB

Classic ZBS 1-cut RB knows our scheme

Round 5- Aaron Henry FS

developmental FS good speed, good range

Round 6- Coty Sensbaugh CB

CB with good speed that could challenge for NB

Round 7- Korey Toomer (3-4 ILB)

Undersized coverage LB with good speed ala Timmons w/ Steelers

Priority UDFA camp invites:

Nick Mondek OT, Chris Owusu WR, Vontaze Burfict ILB, Mark Asper OL

6th : david molk (long term center i promise will take montys job by mid seas)

Molk is interesting. Does he project better as a OG?

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 11:21 AM ----------

Round 3- Zerbie Sanders OTRT prospect that could challenge for playing time/starting pot; insurance against Trent Williams drug risk

Round 4- James Brown OG best OL for his team, played some LT adds depth and could challenge for a starting spot

Round 4- Cyrus Gray RB Classic ZBS 1-cut RB knows our scheme

Round 5- Aaron Henry FSdevelopmental FS good speed, good range

Round 6- Coty Sensbaugh CBCB with good speed that could challenge for NB

Round 7- Korey Toomer (3-4 ILB)Undersized coverage LB with good speed ala Timmons w/ Steelers

That's a sweet draft DG.

OK here goes (BTW What happened with pick #2? you trade it away for future picks in your mock?).

#2 QB * Robert Griffin III * Baylor

#69 Traded away for a pick or picks in 2013 and or 2014

#102 OT *James Brown * Troy

#141 OT *Donald Stephenson* Oklahoma

#173 ILB* Audie Cole* NC State

#213 CB Donnie Fletcher* Boston College

Sanders is a RT prospect that could challenge for playing time/starting pot insurance against Trent Williams drug risk

Round 4- James Brown OG

Keeping the focus on upgrading the OL, Brown has the good measureables but comes from a small school

he played LT in college some scouts project him as OG in the NFL either way he adds depth at both OG/OT and could challenge for a starting spot

Round 4- Cyrus Gray RB

Round 5- Aaron Henry FS

Sketchy words

3rd - Brandon Taylor S/ Zebrie Sanders OT

4th - James Michael Johnson ILB

4th - Brandon Mosley OT

5th - Chris Rainey RB

6th - Josh Norman CB preferably Aaron Henry S if the 3rd goes to o-line

7th - Adam Gettis OG Could be a trade up back in the sixth for him there.

All in all though I dont expect us to draft a Wr. We are crowded and niles Paul maybe converting to which shows you that its that crowded so for a better chance of playing time try te. I expect a cb, possibly a safety considering the number we signed this year and can just upgrade it next year with our 2nd or 3rd rounder. Rb especially a guy like Rainey where you give em 7-10 touches a game can definitely do wonders for you. Love his speed and agility. I see this draft as a huge success though. O line depth and maybe a new rt. ILb to watch and learn from one of the best. Cb to push for the nickel spot, safety to learn for a year or maybe start.

Here's who I'd like:

Round 3: #69 - CB Dwight Bentley - athletic nickel corner that may be able to play outside as well

Round 4: #102 - RB Chris Polk - workhorse back that is a jack of all trades - steal if he's here

Round 4: #109 - S Brandon Taylor - Ryan Clark Jr.

Round 5: #141 - WR Ryan Broyles - bye bye Moss - a slot WR coming of injury but huge upside

Round 6: #173 - T Donald Stephenson - swing tackle with a lot of upside/athleticism (ran 4.9 40)

Round 7: #213 - G Adam Gettis - trade up candidate - athletic swing G.

I'd like to see us draft/pick up someone with some return ability maybe in UDFA.

Torn on that 3rd round pick - part of me wants an CB to come in and be able to cover the slot - the other part wants a swing tackle. Though I think Donald Stephenson is an excellent value tackle with a lot of athleticism (faster 40 than Sanders). BTW I used Tony Pauline's rankings: http://www.draftinsider.net/rankings

Thoughts?

I think Donald Stephenson will be long gone by the 6th round.

I like Polk but not for our scheme.

Who do you like for our scheme? Why do you feel Polk isn't a fit?

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 12:16 PM ----------

I like Gettis also. Stephenson it appears will go higher than the 6th. He's probably a mid rounder.

Hey you never know lol. Pauline has them both 5-7. He's just one pundit, though:

http://www.draftinsider.net/rankings/2012/T

http://www.draftinsider.net/rankings/2012/G

Sanders is a RT prospect that could challenge for playing time/starting pot; insurance against Trent Williams drug risk

Round 4- James Brown OG

Round 4- Cyrus Gray RB

Round 5- Aaron Henry FS

I like your picks, Esp. Sesbaugh. He impressed me in the underwear olympics.

Who do you like for our scheme? Why do you feel Polk isn't a fit?
Polk runs more like a power back then a 1-cut back.

Best case comparison he's more of a Michael Turner then a Arian Foster.

I like a bunch of backs for our scheme in the 4th round range I put Cyrus Gray in my mock.

Hey you never know lol. Pauline has them both 5-7. He's just one pundit, though:
No doubt, you never know til draft.

I trust nfldraftscout and they're one of the the few draft sites that always update their information.

They have Stephenson as 3rd round and climbing

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=71941&draftyear=2012&genpos=OT

Polk runs more like a power back then a 1-cut back.

Best case comparison he's more of a Michael Turner then a Arian Foster.

I like a bunch of backs for our scheme in the 4th round range I put Cyrus Gray in my mock.

No doubt, you never know til draft.

I trust nfldraftscout and they're one of the the few draft sites that always update their information.

They have Stephenson as 3rd round and climbing

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=71941&draftyear=2012&genpos=OT

thanks for the link - i had a hard time finding other sites with round projections - most just detail the prospect. A lot of the opinions are all over the place this year - i could see a lot of people questioning picks. In Shannallen we trust.

Thanks, I think Turbin can be a steal. No wonder why is nickname is Hulk :).

Wow - just reading the guy's background in that story makes me want him on this team. Talk about a high character guy who has had many bouts with adversity and come out of it with a clear picture of who he is and what is truly important. Sounds like a future team captain, or at least a real leader in the locker room. Definitely sounds like a guy that could be a great full back in the years to come, as well. Goal line situations will have a new look with his "bowl-you-over" mentality to running the ball. Even if he does not end up a Redskin, I'm pulling for the guy to catch on somewhere else.

Archived