Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Your Redskins Only 2012 Mock Draft

Chump Bailey

More so the fact he's going to be overdrafted based on potential not what he's really done. He's talented, but his hips are stiff and he struggles at times. What is too? a FS or a SS? A lot of question marks with him

True, but with any 3rd or 4th round pick there's always some question marks

I'm not sure about this Offensive Linemen class, it just doesn't seem rich enough for the Redskins to start picking up random OL'men at the third round.

I'm hopeful for a couple OL picks, but w/ this draft class and Shanny's system I wouldn't be surprised if we only take 1. CB and WR seem to be deep this year so I'm thinking we grab one of each in the draft. CB is a need and giving RG3 as many playmakers as possible is a solid strategy we started in free agency and likely will continue at some point in the draft as we keep looking to replace vets.

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 08:00 PM ----------

Compared to some of the 3rd and 4th round picks? Iloka seems to have more question marks than others

True. We may have to reach if we really want a safety, or trade down, but mid-late 4th Phillip Thomas out of Syracuse may be our pick if we are dead set on getting Raheem Morris another safety to work with, and I've seen mocks with us taking him early 5th. But, I don't think most mocks take account for the likely run on safeties given the thin FA and draft markets and the growing passing league trend.

I'm hopeful for a couple OL picks, but w/ this draft class and Shanny's system I wouldn't be surprised if we only take 1. CB and WR seem to be deep this year so I'm thinking we grab one of each in the draft. CB is a need and giving RG3 as many playmakers as possible is a solid strategy we started in free agency and likely will continue at some point in the draft as we keep looking to replace vets.

---------- Post added April-22nd-2012 at 08:00 PM ----------

True. We may have to reach if we really want a safety, or trade down, but mid-late 4th Phillip Thomas out of Syracuse may be our pick if we are dead set on getting Raheem Morris another safety to work with, and I've seen mocks with us taking him early 5th. But, I don't think most mocks take account for the likely run on safeties given the thin FA and draft markets and the growing passing league trend.

Yeah, I would like if they picked at most they should pick one players for each position of need.

Yeah, I would like if they picked at most they should pick one players for each position of need.

I'm more in favor of best player available, so long as it addresses some need. I think prioritizing based off of need leads to pigeon-holing and neglects better players. For example, if safety is deemed a greater need than WR, but a WR on the board is consensus best available, I'd go WR.

Compared to some of the 3rd and 4th round picks? Iloka seems to have more question marks than others

Would you say Taylor is a safer pick than Iloka?

Something I found ironic about LSU's safeties this past year: they had a Taylor and a Reed. Granted, they're not Miami's Taylor and Reed, but I thought it was interesting, especially since we might be getting another Taylor.

Would you say Taylor is a safer pick than Iloka?

Something I found ironic about LSU's safeties this past year: they had a Taylor and a Reed. Granted, they're not Miami's Taylor and Reed, but I thought it was interesting, especially since we might be getting another Taylor.

Taylor translates better to the NFL right now and is more of a pro ready player. Watch the film on Iloka and Taylor and you see a complete difference between the two. One is ready to play in the NFL, the other needs 2 years before they are truly ready

Taylor translates better to the NFL right now and is more of a pro ready player. Watch the film on Iloka and Taylor and you see a complete difference between the two. One is ready to play in the NFL, the other needs 2 years before they are truly ready

Fair enough. Changed my mock. You convinced me.

Hardin just might be going top 100 now the hype on him is going through the roof

It's starting to. He's really the one guy I want most in this draft. And that's not based on late hype, I've wanted him for a while. I'd probably try to trade down in the 3rd and then get him. If he went in the interim, that would be a shame, but c'est la vie.

It's starting to. He's really the one guy I want most in this draft. And that's not based on late hype, I've wanted him for a while. I'd probably try to trade down in the 3rd and then get him. If he went in the interim, that would be a shame, but c'est la vie.

Oh I agree its how I am with a guy like Brandon Taylor I really want him, but if we dont get him its life I'll live

:ols: I could say the same about you and Boykin

touche :)

I'm changing my 6th rounder and adding a 7th for this thread.

My Redskins 2012 Draft

1 Robert Griffin III QB, Baylor

3 Brandon Boykin CB, Georgia

4 Senio Kelemete OG, Washington

4 James-Michael Johnson ILB, Nevada

5 Andrew Datko OT, Florida State

6 Devon Wylie WR, Fresno State

7 Bryan Anger P, California

I think the one we have the least chance of getting is actually the punter. If Boykin is indeed gone as Dukes says, I can see Casey Hayward instead.

Archived