Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post Your Redskins Only 2012 Mock Draft

Chump Bailey

Fleener is going either 30 or 32 this year.

As for my mock heres what I've got

3rd- Amini Silatolu

4th- Tony Bergstrom

4th- James-Michael Johnson

5th- Philip Thomas

6th- Devon Wylie

7th- Coty Sensabaugh

Im going with this one knowing who wrote it. Justin is the shizznit when it comes to the scouting. Love this draft. Though, Id love Ryan Broyles in 4th

3. Schwartz OT (or Boykin CB)

4. Nick Jean-Baptiste NT ( or JMJ LB)

4. Stephenson/Datko OT (or Gradkowski C/G)

5. Burfict LB (or Potter OT/ Hicks NT)

6. Steed CB (or Franklin LB/ Robinson S)

7. Burris LB (or Frey CB/ )

We are overloaded at WR - see no point in drafting one unless he is going to start - or late on for practice squad

I know Shanahan likes his mid round RBs, but we have 2 young RBs, we don't need any more young RBs - just bring back hightower as 3rd down back - unlkess there is a real steal

We have a good young safety in Gomes - everyone is after a safety in the draft - i doubt there are any of value that will out play Gomes

Rocca is a decent P, and I believe in Gano - bring in competition by all means, but don't waste picks on it

As for my Picks -

3. we could do with a quality young tackle to push Brown and provide depth - a decent CB would be useful

4. If Colefield goes down I am really worried - i feel like we need another young NT, Nelid shows flashes, but not sold on him as a no2 or would be good to draft Fletcher's replacement that he can groom for 1-2 years

4. Good line depth is a real concern - be good to draft some early

5. He may be an ass - but we have possibly the best mentor you could wish for (worth the risk in my book ) if not, then NT/ O-line depth

6. If we don't take a CB that will be fighting to start at nickel, or be a primary backup - get a CB prospect to develop or maybe a S if value - think there will still be good LB value at this stage

7. I think Burris has great potential - will be good special teams and offers flexibility at LB - or develop a DB

All picks availabe at time of pick on Charlie Campbell's 7 round mock on walter football

3rd: Donald Stephenson, OT

4th: James-Michael Johnson, ILB

4th: Trenton Robinson, S

5th: Tommy Streeter, WR

6th: Nate Potter, OG

7th: Donnie Fletcher, CB

I think I like yours the best, but I would trade Broyles for Streeter. I'd also flip Sanders for Stephenson.

I like that you made O-line and ILB the priorities. Most of the mocks in here have us waiting until the 6th for an ILB or not even drafting one at all.

1. Robert Griffin III – QB, Baylor

3. Joe Adams – WR, Arkansas

4. Bernard Pierce – RB, Temple

4. Tony Bergstrom – OT, Utah

5. Audie Cole – LB, North Carolina State

6. Kelcie McCray – SS, Arkansas State

7. Andrew Datko – OT, Florida State or Levy Ad**** – OT, Oklahoma State

I think I like yours the best, but I would trade Broyles for Streeter. I'd also flip Sanders for Stephenson.

I like that you made O-line and ILB the priorities. Most of the mocks in here have us waiting until the 6th for an ILB or not even drafting one at all.

I appreciate that. It's my attempt at combining need and whoever among those needs is who I think is the BPA in each round.

I think Stephenson is higher rated and goes much sooner than most in here are projecting. He's a 3rd round ROT, no way he slips to the 4th. James-Michael has talent, he is projected 4th, and will be good value there if we take him. Because of who we brought in and the weak class at safety, I don't really see us jumping for a safety any sooner than 4th. There will be a run on the few available, and I doubt Trenton Robinson lasts into the 4th b/c of that, but he is, by all acounts, 4th round value. I do expect us to take a safety in the mid rounds, just not sure who will still be there.

I absolutely expect us to take a WR at some point, and for him to be very tall and 200+ lbs. Streeter fits the bill and is very good value in the 5th. We want to trade Gaffney, may end up releasing him. Apparently Moss is soon on the outs if we find someone good in the draft. Broyles isn't a bad pick either, but I prefer Streeter b/c he's projected lower and has height at 6'5".

Really though, if I get 2 picks right I'll be surprised. I'm usually good w/ projecting positions, but just as w/ most, the actual names we draft after the first round or two is more or less a crap shoot.

Love how underrated Cole seems to be. At one point was rising to the 2nd, but now has settled into that 4th round range and has legitimate starting ILB ability

Love how underrated Cole seems to be. At one point was rising to the 2nd, but now has settled into that 4th round range and has legitimate starting ILB ability

I definitely agree. In my opinion, the draft will become very unpredictable after the first round. There is a possibility that Cole could get drafted in the 3rd round. I truly believe that they will draft Joe Adams in the 3rd based on how well he performed at the senior bowl. I love Moss, but why not get RGIII a playmaking slot receiver who has been compared to Desean Jackson. He and Pierce get me excited every time I watch their highlights. Bergstrom is high on my list also because of his versatility; I think he will transition to guard in the NFL. We need to surround our new franchise QB with some players who can contribute immediately. Our secondary is an unknown commodity as of now, but Raheem knows how to motivate his secondary. He can make a good player play great! We need ILB depth and we need to find a replacement for Fletcher, however, a rookie in 2012 cannot lead our defense. Cole would be a great prospect to groom for the future but if that isn't a possibility, we will draft a ILB in the second round of next year's draft. #HTTR

Joe Adams in the 3rd I have been thinking that all along, he's an Eddie Royal type talent but quicker he could be an absolute steal in the 3rd, he also may be the best kick returner in the draft, he would slide nicely into the slot and alleviate Banks from return duties.

O-line is a big need but I still think we need to go best talent available, there could be a big disparity between need and talent available when we pick in the 3rd, trading down is a definite possibility.

The reason I have us picking a center/guard early is that I'm worried about an injury to Montgomery. If he's injured and Lichty still hasn't fully recovered from his injury, then we could be down to Cook playing center. That scares me. I'd like to have Maurice Hurt and someone else who can play center on the bench. So, I'd like to see us get Philip Blake or Ben Jones in the 3rd or 4th. It seems like there's more depth in the draft at tackle than there is at center. Thoughts?

I'm not crazy about Adams. Datko in the 7th could be solid. Cole's interesting too.

I appreciate that. It's my attempt at combining need and whoever among those needs is who I think is the BPA in each round.

I think Stephenson is higher rated and goes much sooner than most in here are projecting. He's a 3rd round ROT, no way he slips to the 4th. James-Michael has talent, he is projected 4th, and will be good value there if we take him. Because of who we brought in and the weak class at safety, I don't really see us jumping for a safety any sooner than 4th. There will be a run on the few available, and I doubt Trenton Robinson lasts into the 4th b/c of that, but he is, by all acounts, 4th round value. I do expect us to take a safety in the mid rounds, just not sure who will still be there.

I absolutely expect us to take a WR at some point, and for him to be very tall and 200+ lbs. Streeter fits the bill and is very good value in the 5th. We want to trade Gaffney, may end up releasing him. Apparently Moss is soon on the outs if we find someone good in the draft. Broyles isn't a bad pick either, but I prefer Streeter b/c he's projected lower and has height at 6'5".

Really though, if I get 2 picks right I'll be surprised. I'm usually good w/ projecting positions, but just as w/ most, the actual names we draft after the first round or two is more or less a crap shoot.

I like that you combined the need and BPA. I've always hated drafting for need (you reach) and I hate drafting BPA (you never fille areas of need).

I was thinking Sanders because we probably need more depth at guard at the moment because we have Lee, Smith and Polumbus on the roster. Plus Sanders plays in a type of ZBS at FL St. I was thinking Broyles because we'll eventually need a slot receiver to replace Moss and Broyles can be a Wes Welker type.

Don't get me wrong, I like your pick of Stephenson because of the uncertainty at RT, although I think Brown will be OK. I like Streeter because of his size and he may be able to be our Andre Johnson, but he is a bit raw. But if Griffin has proven one thing, he doesn't need a 6-5 WR to throw the long ball.

I like your picks of Adams, Bergstrom and Cole, but I think the Bernard Pierce pick is out of place. He's a load of a RB, but like Ganaway, I'm not sure we'd go RB that high in the draft. I think linemen, linebackers and secondary are top priorties, with a WR being after that. Not sure Adams would go in the 3rd. I think we could get him in the 4th or 5th.

1st - RG3, QB, Baylor

3rd - Zebrie Sanders, OT, FSU

4th - James Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada

4th - Tony Bergstrom, OT/OG, Utah

5th - Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami

6th - Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College

7th - Neiko Thorpe, CB/FS, Auburn

This is who Bernard Pierce reminds me of: #30

Terrell Davis:

[/url]

Bernard Pierce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEgLQdGi7fM[/url]

You don't have to convince me. I watched him run for 200+ yards and severall TDs against my Terps this year. He's a helluva runner and we may pick a RB in the draft if we don't re-sign Hightower, but I don't think we'll take him in the 4th. I think LB and OL are bigger prioritities. Pierce is a good player, hard runner and can carry the load.

1)RG3

2)WR or O-Lineman (we will trade up between #'s 45-to-55 in the 2nd rd....we will trade away one of our 4th rounders & a player IE Cooley or Gaffney?? & possibly another mid rd pick in 2013 as well...Shanahan didn't want to trade our #39 & by gollllleeee....he will get one back somehow-someway.)

3)WR or O-Lineman (whatever we don't get of the 2 options I have in the trade up in the 2nd, we will get the other with our 3rd rounder)

4th)RB or CB (I could see Ganaway or a RB that Shanahan desires going here in the 4th. But he could wait and take a good CB sitting here as well. We only have one 4th, cause of the trade up now.)

5th)RB or CB (Whatever we don't get with that lone 4th rounder, we will get the other listed. It's just a matter of who is sitting on the board the Redskins like & value)

6th)ILB or O-Lineman (I see us taking our 2nd O-Lineman here or a late flier on an ILB these last 2 rds.

7th)ILB or O-Lineman (If Vontaze is sitting here, the Redskins will take a shot. Book it! The reward outweighs the risk in drafting a guy with his abilities this late in the draft, but downward stock spiral up to the draft. Or..we could take our O-lineman here if we took a different ILB in the 6th.

But yes, this Redskins draft will be Offensively heavy in our picks.

1st - RG3, QB, Baylor

3rd - Zebrie Sanders, OT, FSU

4th - James Michael Johnson, ILB, Nevada

4th - Tony Bergstrom, OT/OG, Utah

5th - Tommy Streeter, WR, Miami

6th - Donnie Fletcher, CB, Boston College

7th - Neiko Thorpe, CB/FS, Auburn

I think you hit all the positions of need and the areas of value in the draft. I like the OT picks but would be just as happy with Senio Kelemete if Bergstrom is not available.

I think you hit all the positions of need and the areas of value in the draft. I like the OT picks but would be just as happy with Senio Kelemete if Bergstrom is not available.

I wouldn't mind either. And I like Thorpe a lot as a late round project. He played CB for his first three seasons at Auburn and then switched to FS last year as a senior and played well. Very under the radar. And good size at 6'3" and over 200lbs to boot.

Archived