Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Today I got to check a HUGE item off of my Redskins bucket list: I met Joe Gibbs!!!

squatch66

im sorry. i normally dont post these kind of threads but i have been so giddy all day. :ols:

i work for fedex office and coach gibbs was at our corporate hq today for a speaking event. i actually got there a few minutes early as i was hoping to get a few minutes to talk to him(but i didnt get my hopes up as there were some pretty high up people at this event today lol). he had some good stories and gave the dallas fans a hard time which was awesome. after his speech he stepped off to the side and was shaking hands and taking pictures. as i got in line i started snapping pics on my phone. i have never been this way before but the only word i could use to describe me at the time was starstruck. when it came time for me to talk to coach gibbs i told him that i was from bethesda and that i was a huge skins fan. he took off his superbowl ring and handed it to me and said "put it on. you earned it!" it was amazing. huge, gold, and covered in diamonds. i have never seen anything like it. i was in such awe that i didnt even look to see what year the ring was from lol! i got a few photos with coach gibbs but unfortunately my camera decided that it wanted to ruin all the shots with both of us :mad:

it was an amazing experience and one that every skins fan should do once before they die!!! :logo:

IMAG0451.jpg

IMAG0446.jpg

haha funny little side story is that i almost didnt give it back. when i put it on i wasnt even thinking and slid it on my ring finger. it got just past the knuckle and got stuck! i was like "omg coach im so sorry i got your ring stuck on my finger!" but coach gibbs just laughed and said we are getting the knife you get that thing stuck on your finger! :ols:

You need to remove yourself and isolate that top pick of Gibbs and paste it on a linen cloth....pure Shroud of Gibbs. LOL no offense to the religious folk out there just thought it would look cool. :)

Edit. On another cool note my buddy going to Vegas met Gibbs in NC airport and got a pic taken with him and gave him accolades as he is a Skins fan for life...Gibbs asked for his address and my boy gave him our work address.....4weeks later, he received a package at work with Gibbs' book signed to him....pretty cool IMO.

Love the story. It shows how genuine he is that even after he is no longer a paid member of the organization that he has that kind of response. He is one of a kind. When I got to meet him I didn't quite allow myself to be a fan (I was at a training camp as a reporter for NPR). It was my first year reporting and I was too concerned with trying to appear professional. These days, I'd probably make sure somebody emailed me a pic or gave them my camera to snap a shot of me interviewing him, but what the hey, I still have the tape and it was the only one on one he gave that day.

Still, your story was/is much cooler.

im sorry. i normally dont post these kind of threads but i have been so giddy all day. :ols:

i work for fedex office and coach gibbs was at our corporate hq today for a speaking event. i actually got there a few minutes early as i was hoping to get a few minutes to talk to him(but i didnt get my hopes up as there were some pretty high up people at this event today lol). he had some good stories and gave the dallas fans a hard time which was awesome. after his speech he stepped off to the side and was shaking hands and taking pictures. as i got in line i started snapping pics on my phone. i have never been this way before but the only word i could use to describe me at the time was starstruck. when it came time for me to talk to coach gibbs i told him that i was from bethesda and that i was a huge skins fan. he took off his superbowl ring and handed it to me and said "put it on. you earned it!" it was amazing. huge, gold, and covered in diamonds. i have never seen anything like it. i was in such awe that i didnt even look to see what year the ring was from lol! i got a few photos with coach gibbs but unfortunately my camera decided that it wanted to ruin all the shots with both of us :mad:

it was an amazing experience and one that every skins fan should do once before they die!!! :logo:

It's a bummer about the pics man, but the quote makes this story. "Put it on. You earned it." The best man to ever coach the game. Joe Gibbs walks to the walk and talks to talk when it comes to being a Washington Redskin and follower of Jesus Christ. Class through and through.

HTTR

It's a bummer about the pics man, but the quote makes this story. "Put it on. You earned it." The best man to ever coach the game. Joe Gibbs walks to the walk and talks to talk when it comes to being a Washington Redskin and follower of Jesus Christ. Class through and through.

HTTR

Exactly. I've yet to meet him, but he's my favorite Redskin of all-time.

Gool story squatch.

The only Redskin I ever met was Darrell Green, and I understand your excitement about meeting Coach Gibbs. Great story. I never mind reading these stories and as far as I'm concerned they're a great contribution to the site. The site is meant to be about anything and everything Redskin related, so I feel this qualifies. Thanks for sharing.

"omg coach im so sorry i got your ring stuck on my finger!" but coach gibbs just laughed and said we are getting the knife you get that thing stuck on your finger! :ols:

I think he meant what he said :-)

Kidding aside, it was so cool he let you put it on

Archived