Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

8 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

whhatatt?

Maybe I was a bit dramatic, but the movie was a little too slow and was so different from Tarantino’s prior films it really caught me off guard. I get the whole Manson thing but just thought it could have developed into a way better ending, everyone loves to see Brad Pitt beat people up but that was about it. I just think Tarantino’s track record and how good the acting was in the movie he more or less has a long leash from critics.  

Wife was out of town so I saw a double feature yesterday. 

Birds of Prey - this was entertaining. The whole thing is just a vehicle for Margot Robbie to showcase being a badass and having fun as Harley Quinn and shes fantastic doing that. This is a lot better than Suicide Squad and a lot funnier than I expected. I like the way the story is portrayed with Harley narrating and jumping around. Felt kinda like Deadpool that way tho it’s not as good as that. Still it was a fun time. 

Little Women

this is my first exposure to this story as I have not read the books or seen any other adaptations. That said, I loved it. The cast is outstanding and I was really swept up in the story of these 4 sisters and the ideas the story presents for women. I want to go back and watch it again with my wife.

I was the first person in the theater since I just walked over after Birds of Prey ended and I paid attention to everyone coming in, it was all women and moms taking their daughters. I could tell this was important to them and in the end, I was the only male in the room during this showtime. But men should absolutely see this movie. It’s important to see the woman’s perspective in this and I think the different type of woman that each sister represents and the sacrifices they make and the way they must each confront their future is really powerful and is even more impressive to understand the time period it was written in. 

excellent movie deserving of a best picture nomination 

• Like 5

I just watched 1917 yesterday.  My wife is South Korean and we are watching Parasite sometime soon.  She's not typically a movie-watcher other than kids faire, comedy, and some lightweight drama. 

Maybe we will get to watch his other movies, a win for me... 

I am a huge movie guy.  Debated how good of a movie 1917 was with people we watched it with.  He felt that it lacked the ensemble nature of something like Saving Private Ryan, but even if it did, it had tons of gripping suspense until the end. 

Saw Parasite Thursday night and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since. It is absolutely deserving of its Best Picture nomination and win. 

I had seen the trailer a long time ago ahead of some movie in the theater and thought it looked good but by the time I finally watched it I couldn’t remember a single thing about it so I basically had no expectation for the plot. I was blown away. It’s one of those movies that’s really humbling to watch and witness the brilliance and creativity of the writer of this story. It starts out being one thing. Then adds on several surprises to that and then goes and becomes something else entirely so that by the end of the movie you are just left breathless. 

Every scene and moment in this movie is packed full of symbolism or a metaphor relating to the class war at the heart of the film but despite it being so perfectly interwoven into the movie, it never feels heavy handed or distracting. That aside, it’s just a wonderfully entertaining movie from beginning to end with excellent acting and a perfectly fitting score. 

highly recommend 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, max21 said:

In a good way? 

Willem Dafoe chews on every piece of scenery in sight while Robert Pattinson dreams of tentacled monsters and murders seagulls.  Also, there is much farting and mermaid genitalia.

If that sounds appealing, then it’s a must see.

Brave filmmaking no matter what your tastes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Willem Dafoe chews on every piece of scenery in sight while Robert Pattinson dreams of tentacled monsters and murders seagulls.  Also, there is much farting and mermaid genitalia.

If that sounds appealing, then it’s a must see.

Brave filmmaking no matter what your tastes.

Lmao bro this sounds amazing 

• Haha 1