Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

Jurassic World Dominion - oh how god damn terrible this movie was.

One of the worst movies I've ever sat through. I almost turned it off after like an hour but kept at it and watched it all. It probably is the worst blockbuster movie I've ever seen. It was pretty much worse than I had expected. There were more dinosaurs in the first 5 minutes than the entire first 2 movies combined. Apparently everyone has the force and can just stop dinosaurs with their palm. Oh and you thought sharks with freaking laser beams wasn't really? Okay well maybe not sharks - but dinosaurs? Yep!

Just complete and utter ****. I gave it a 2 because Jeff Goldblum's character actually pokes fun multiple times at how bad the whole Jurassic World franchise is, in the movie.

• Like 2

I've heard people say good things about the original Blade Runner. I watched for an hour, but retired it half way through and looked up the ending on Wikipedia. Some people love it, I am not one of them. It's a story featuring Harrison Ford as a recently retired police detective returning to hunt down and "retire" a handful of rogue androids that are so similar to humans that only a specialized emotional test can reveal that they aren't human. Some of these androids are killers.

My first problem is that it's called Blade Runner, but there were no blades and there was no running, just a couple scenes with a sort of speed-walking with flailing arms. The movie felt like it was built on three separate foundations: 1: Showcasing the best special effects the early 1980s had to offer. 2: Being a 2 hour music video to a Vangelis album. 3: Closeups of Harrison Ford walking through rainy, neon lit alleys and sitting in dark rooms that only have the lights turn on if you're standing directly beside or beneath them. The plot felt more like it was simply an excuse to feature two of those three things at the same time.

Despite my disinterest in the movie's seeming disinterest in the main plot, I can't deny that I see what so many other forms of media took as inspiration from it: Elon Musk's cybertruck (that might not be a compliment), Detroit: Become Human's plot of androids going rogue, literally everything about Cyberpunk 2077, etc.

When I compare it to the original Tron that was released in the same year, I like Tron better. Blade Runner had better music, but that's the only part I enjoyed more. The special effects were good but different in each one, but Blade Runner's story falls flat for me.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

It is true…The original Blade Runner is simply too good of a movie for some people.  

That’s why they made hacky sitcom-esque slop like Back to the Future for y’all.

Come at me bro…

Back to the Future kinda sucks too.

Wanna fight about it?

• Haha 2

Tom Holland looks short enough to get caught in a mouse trap.

*internet confirms Daniel Craig is only 5'10, two inches taller

375117903_Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11_02.15_AM(1).thumb.png.37c0172f40301eff4e6c4f7c08cab76b.png

He is from UK, and I read same thing about wanting someone younger to ensure getting at least 5 movies out of.

So he's gonna be Spiderman AND James Bond at the same time?  That sounds like a setup for either overworking and or mad scheduling conflicts with filming delays.

I've heard plenty of actors say they stop doing a role so it doesn't define them as an actor, but has any actor or actress held two iconic roles like that at the same time?

And is it supposed to be an origin story were Bond is still building up the courage to talk to girls in the orphanage?  

"Bond. J..J..James Bond" 😒

• Haha 1

Holland is a solid actor but entirely the wrong choice for Bond. 

If they want the smaller actor, go with Taron Egerton. He's already pulled off the much cooler and more modern Bond role twice anyways. 

I do think they go with a 30ish taller actor though. They could even modernize the role with someone like the black English dude from Bridgerton that everyone's lady was in love with. 😆

Edit..actors name is Rege-Jean Page. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
Added name.
  • Like 1

Watched "Prey" with Wifey, we both loved it.

That was her first Predator movie. And I have to say...thank you so much for stepping away from trying to build a whole gd universe and focusing on jus making a damn good movie instead.

Felt the ending was rushed, but it was such a good story, and right on time with the "if it bleeds, we can kill it" line that I really don't care.

A+ 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 8/24/2022 at 1:47 PM, The Evil Genius said:

Coherence.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2866360/

Holy ****. That's how indie scifi horror thriller whatever should be made. 

Do yourself a favor and watch this movie (if you haven't).

Saw this movie a long time ago and loved it...there were a bunch of movies I watched around the same time that were all kinda in the same indie-scifi vibe:

Coherence

The Invitation (2015 VERSION)

Honeymoon

Triangle

The One I Love

Fin (The End)

The Endless

Liked all of them.

Trailers:

Not including the trailer for "Triangle" because 1) it gives away a little more than it should and it's best to see that movie going in blind, and 2) the movie is significantly better than the trailer makes it look.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Samaritan on Amazon Prime.  Yeah, @TradeTheBeal!so what?

Sylvester Stallone is 76 years old and still getting it done.  Make no mistake, this movie is a piece of **** and I'd be pissed if I had somehow spent money to see it in a theatre.  But on a direct-to-video type deal on Prime, it's alright.  It's the perfect movie to have on when you've got something going on and want something mindless in the background.  

It's a superhero movie and I'd rather watch this 100 more times than anything Marvel.  Stallone is superhero that people thought had died, but he's actually alive and living in a rundown apartment in the middle of a city.  Long story short, his neighbor is a pesky kid who never believed he died and figures it out.  You can pretty much figure out the rest, you've seen this movie a thousand times.

Like I said, it's a piece of **** but I'd rather watch it than anything Marvel related.  This movie actually has a little bit of heart and respects the audience.