Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

President Barack Obama/Vice-President Joe Biden Re-elected to 2nd Term Thread

@DCGoldPants

https://twitter.com/howardfineman

Boehner's office tweeting out his refusal to consider tax-rate hikes -- as if to concede that O will win and so the Cliff Games must begin.

So. I wonder when he's going to schedule the vote on extending the payroll tax cuts. :halo:

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 11:16 AM ----------

And this leads you to think Obama is the man to this over Romney? I just can't fathom it.

No, it leads me to conclude that the nation should be investing in alternative energy. (Make that plural. I think the correct approach, in this case, is to encourage several technologies. And 10-20 years from now, let then fight it out.)

I wouldn't read much into that. Boehner is up for reelection tonight too, you know.

And he has to make sure he doesn't get couped out of the Speakership by Cantor, so he needs to convince all the conservative House Reps that he will not be cooperating with Obama on anything.

And he has to make sure he doesn't get couped out of the Speakership by Cantor, so he needs to convince all the conservative House Reps that he will not be cooperating with Obama on anything.

Pretty much. Romney was as much as saying this last night. "If the President is re-elected he will not be able to work with Congress. I will be able to". Translation: vote for me because Democrats will work with a Republican president but Republicans refuse to work with a Democrat.

Pretty much. Romney was as much as saying this last night. "If the President is re-elected he will not be able to work with Congress. I will be able to". Translation: vote for me because Democrats will work with a Republican president but Republicans refuse to work with a Democrat.

Which is sort of funny, because if Romney wins, Reid and the dems are going to do exactly to Romney what the GOP did to Obama.

Which is sort of funny, because if Romney wins, Reid and the dems are going to do exactly to Romney what the GOP did to Obama.

What makes you say that? The Democrats never have been able to present a united front in the past, not for more than a month or so.

What makes you say that? The Democrats never have been able to present a united front in the past, not for more than a month or so.

What honestly makes me say that is seeing my mother's reaction to Romney saying he will reach across the aisle.

But also, don't forget a lot of the blue dogs are gone from the Senate now. They are going to add people like Elizabeth Warren. And Harry Reid is a tough ****. I don't think the Senate will give much to Romney if he wins. I think they'll view it as payback. And they'll also view it as a winning strategy for the election in 2016.

---------- Post added November-6th-2012 at 04:34 PM ----------

The difference will be that there will be next to zero GOPers from states/districts won by Obama. So they will have no incentive to agree with him. There would be plenty of Dems in States/Districts won by Romney.

Yea, but that won't matter with the Senate because they are coming from states not districts and you have a 40 vote filibuster.

Archived