Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

President Barack Obama/Vice-President Joe Biden Re-elected to 2nd Term Thread

@DCGoldPants

Joe Biden:" No coal plants here in America, let them build them over there(China)."

After the last posting, I'm not gonna even look into whether this is just another out of context snip it, or some actual position that Biden took. However, this does not support your initial claim that Obama actually wanted to make it harder for Americans. That Obama wanted to raise the price of energy on the American people to their detriment. Which is what you originally said.

i find it very easy to believe. have you read anything about what chinese iphone factories are like? women and children are paid almost nothing in unsafe and horrendous conditions assembling the things. the safety regulations, wages, and conditions required by american workers could easily multiply costs fivefold. (i am NOT suggesting we adopt chinese labor practices in order to compete.)

I think I've posted this before...ESPN did a special called "The Sneaker Wars" years ago. I promised myself that my legit RGIII jersey is the last Nike product I buy. I even found my Duke blue shoes from about 10 years ago, and gave them to charity, won't wear them anymore.

I'm sure the special is online. it's absolutely astonishing what others go through so we can call ourselves "happy". I, myself, was ashamed.

After the last posting, I'm not gonna even look into whether this is just another out of context snip it, or some actual position that Biden took. However, this does not support your initial claim that Obama actually wanted to make it harder for Americans. That Obama wanted to raise the price of energy on the American people to their detriment. Which is what you originally said.

And I still truly believe he does.His actions speak loudly and hits my wallet even harder.

haha all of a sudden conservatives have no problem with flip flopping. kerry should run again, he's apparently earned your respect.

I suppose I lean conservative with regards to the economy, but I'm very much a social butterfly.

ETA: And Flip Flopping doesn't bother me as much. I'd rather have a leader that can change his mind and represent his people. The thing I like about Romney is that he's bought himself. He doesn't need to be bought by someone else.

In my opinion, it's the same as the ear marks. Staunch fiscal conservatives still hand them out because why make their constituents get the shaft?

And I still truly believe he does.His actions speak loudly and hits my wallet even harder.

Wait what? Gas prices now are in the mid $3 range, which is not out of line with where it was from 2006-2008... But it's directly Obama's doing that you're spending "more" on gas than you were?

edit- went back a couple posts, looks like the topic was probably coal. Never mind.

you TRULY believe he wants to make it harder for Americans.

Honestly, thats just laughable.

But, to the point, coal is an outdated industry that should be allowed to die.

It is a foul pollutant, and what you're saying is you believe that as a people, we cannot come up with a better way than what people used 500 years ago.

you'd probably have argued for coach whip makers or telegraph producers.

Sounds familiar to me.

I have a friend who was in the print industry.

His company was CRUSHED by the advent of the internet, making his publication (the Pennysaver) outmoded, and as a result, the publication has cut to bare bones and let almost all of it's emloyees go.

He of course, blames the president.

he has no recognition that he was in a dying industry, and that progress always renders something else obsolete.

He insists that if the democrats were not in office, this company would not be in the predicament it is in, and he would not have lost his job. (and house, which, lo and behold, he could not afford because he overbought. On that end, he has since been forced to move once more because he couldn't afford the next house he put himself in. This, of course, is again Obama's fault. the fact that both he and his wife are trying to find work in a dying industry never factors in. )

There is absolutely no thought given.

all too typical.

~Bang

It is a foul pollutant, and what you're saying is you believe that as a people, we cannot come up with a better way than what people used 500 years ago.

~Bang

When you have nothing to replace it with, I don't think it's smart to abandon it.

Well, our medical practices/diagostic methods are outdated, we ought to get that pocket analyzer that Dr. McCoy carries in the Star Trek show.

We haven't invented that yet? Who cares, get rid of what we use anyway. i'm sure someone will figure out how to make one of those.

When? Who knows............

Kind of like the people who want to get rid of the internal combustion engine.

Ok..and replace it with what? Electric cars.

Are they viable yet? No, but let's get rid of it anyway.

That's some kind of logic there.......

When you have nothing to replace it with, I don't think it's smart to abandon it.

Well, our medical practices/diagostic methods are outdated, we ought to get that pocket analyzer that Dr. McCoy carries in the Star Trek show.

We haven't invented that yet? Who cares, get rid of what we use anyway. i'm sure someone will figure out how to make one of those.

Making up straw men is not "logic".

spock2.gif

Kind of like the people who want to get rid of the internal combustion engine.

Ok..and replace it with what? Electric cars.

Are they viable yet? No, but let's get rid of it anyway.

Yeh, this makes no sense.

Here's the deal.

STOP paying to float these industries and INVEST in finding a better way.

Progress, you know... not stand still because fat cat coal mine owners and oil companies can continue to make monstrous profits.

Move FORWARD.

It's not the 1600s anymore.

But in your mind, no one can come up with anything.

Nevermind that as soon as we stopped allowing oil companies to QUASH electric technology, why, it starts to pop up and flourish. Suddenly battery technology changes. I wonder why? Maybe is it because it would hurt oil profits? (Nah, they don't have any power over this sort of thing, right?)

What you're saying is that despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary for humans to improve upon every single bit of technology we've ever developed (except the wheel), you believe that for over 100 years we have been unable to do this in this one area... and you never put the reason together as to why.

4 billion a year in subsidies to oil companies.

Why? To do what?

~Bang

Larry,

Please tell me what we have ready to go,right now, that can replace coal,oil and gas.

I have no problem with trying to get off of fossil fuels but it is foolish to do so when no viable alternative is ready to go.

Well, there's biomass, geothermal, solar, wind, wave/tidal, hydro, and fission/fusion to name a few.

Larry,

Please tell me what we have ready to go,right now, that can replace coal,oil and gas.

I have no problem with trying to get off of fossil fuels but it is foolish to do so when no viable alternative is ready to go.

except fossil fuel companies have actively depressed any study into this that they can.

And you have no idea what we COULD have had they not been doing hat.

but by all means, lets reward them for it.

Coal isn't going away tomorrow, but it definitely needs to go away.

You know who wants it to stay?

People making money off it.

By all means, lets give them more and more to make their death as long and comfortable as possible..

These people hold the world back.

~Bang

Yeh, this makes no sense.

Here's the deal.

STOP paying to float these industries and INVEST in finding a better way.

Progress, you know... not stand still because fat cat coal mine owners and oil companies can continue to make monstrous profits.

Move FORWARD.

It's not the 1600s anymore.

~Bang

You and Larry etc act like we've got replacements ready to go when we all know we don't.

These things take years to develop. What do you suggest we do in the meantime?

---------- Post added November-5th-2012 at 06:56 PM ----------

Well, there's biomass, geothermal, solar, wind, wave/tidal, hydro, and fission/fusion to name a few.

Ready to go right now?

So Joe the Plumber can cancel his account with Shell Oil and tell 'em: "No need for home heating oil this winter cause I've got this,that and this to replace my heater with.

Right?

Ready to go right now?

So Joe the Plumber can cancel his account with Shell Oil and tell 'em: "No need for home heating oil this winter cause I've got this,that and this to replace my heater with.

Right?

Ummm, people have been using solar panels as a main source of energy in their homes for a while now. I'm not saying the majority of people use it, but yes, it's pretty much ready right now.

Ummm, people have been using solar panels as a main source of energy in their homes for a while now. I'm not saying the majority of people use it, but yes, it's pretty much ready right now.

Do you heat your home with solar?

And if they're ready to go, why are the solar panel companies going bankrupt left and right?

You and Larry etc act like we've got replacements ready to go when we all know we don't.

These things take years to develop. What do you suggest we do in the meantime

Yeah, because i said that we should remove coal tomorrow (even though i wrote the exact opposite)

We could be well on the way through those developmental years if the industry had allowed it.

these folks have polluted your air, held your country's energy for ransom, and squashed every attempt to improve on their product for decades.

They've cheated us all. They should be prosecuted for unfair business practices, but instead we pay them BILLIONS so they can continue doing it.

Let them die.

Stop making political promises to people working in a poisonous and corrupt industry.

Tell them they can either train for a new career, or they can die with it.

~Bang

Do you heat your home with solar?

And if they're ready to go, why are the solar panel companies going bankrupt left and right?

you would think these Greens and O would have them on each of their homes and a Volt in the drive

Ready to go right now?

Right?

So now the goalpost is "We cannot possibly stop subsidizing coal, unless we have a brand new, completely unused, fully functional, power plant, ready, right now, to take over at the flip of a switch"?

Please. Tell us more about the unreasonable demands of the people you disagree with.

Archived