Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

**** the Giants

steve09ru

Jumbo, you are The Man, but for what it's worth I don't mind any of those guys here. It's nice to have some Giant fan punching bags around, cuz Lord knows I have to hit something these days, and beating on Tom just isn't any fun. :)

We have a thread called **** the Giants, and we're surprised when Giant fans vigorously post to defend them? And then kick them out when they do? WTF?

Yeah, sometimes I don't mind when asshats like that hang around. They just show how ignorant they are and like Henry said, we need something to punch.

Giants get yet "another" advantage with a disaster. Steelers have to fly in on Sunday morning because their hotel is still out of power. Just like the Saints game being moved to New York for Katrina. They get another assist from mother nature. **** the Giants.

Yeah, sometimes I don't mind when asshats like that hang around. They just show how ignorant they are and like Henry said, we need something to punch.

Giants get yet "another" advantage with a disaster. Steelers have to fly in on Sunday morning because their hotel is still out of power. Just like the Saints game being moved to New York for Katrina. They get another assist from mother nature. **** the Giants.

Odd.

You'd think the Giants would just play a 'home' game at Pittsburgh ... Isn't that how it's done? :)

Odd.

You'd think the Giants would just play a 'home' game at Pittsburgh ... Isn't that how it's done? :)

Not with Mara running the league with his hand up Goodells shirt like a puppet. **** the Giants and **** Mara. In fact, Mara will probably make an excuse that his team can't travel the rest of the year because of the disaster and the Giants get home games for the rest of the season.

Jumbo, you are The Man, but for what it's worth I don't mind any of those guys here. It's nice to have some Giant fan punching bags around, cuz Lord knows I have to hit something these days, and beating on Tom just isn't any fun. :)

I do respect the "punching bag theory", H, and that's why I put that out there---I don't want my lack of need for them to ruin other folks' fun. I wouldn't overlook serious rule violations, but I can ignore everything short of such. :)

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 10:14 AM ----------

We have a thread called **** the Giants, and we're surprised when Giant fans vigorously post to defend them? And then kick them out when they do? WTF?

You've had several recent "issues" with moderator actions, Dan. And this time you're actually not violating rule 18 since I asked for feedback, and I will count yours. You're a great ES'er and one of my faves (not that such matters mod-wise). :)

Next time though, it would help if you'd be a little mindful of the tone since you've been abusing it lately, something another moderator noticed too, and for no justified reason since nothing's involved you specifically nor have the substantive elements of the issues justified it.

I could explain in detail why you're framing of this is off-target (not unlike your recent previous protests on a few matters), but I'm not going to--I will say Wolf is the only one booted for something without his past record playing a role (as in previous rule violations for example--which you of course wouldn't know about when you opine). And wolf does have a means of appeal as does anyone. It's called "e-mail" and can involve a dialogue to try to remedy an issue, amiably.

I am going to count you, with Henry, as a worthy "no, don't boot them for that stuff" vote and already am going with that line of thought. :)

And I still love you. :D

I know I am a guest on this board even if I've been here for more than 12 years. I am still a fan of a rival team and as such show the utmost respect and appreciation for being allowed on this board. If there is a thread that says ******* the Giants, I understand and respect it. This is a Redskins board and I'm not expecting a red carpet and roses as a rival fan. If you are going to come to a rival board as a rival fan, there needs to be respect. I know that Giant, Cowboy, and Eagle fans are tolerated here as is their difference of opinions if it is done in a respectful manner. I will say that there are a couple of instances where I spoke my mind a bit but it is only a couple of times in 12+ years. I don't think it is unreasonable or difficult to understand how you should act on a rival board. Some people have nothing better to do than to start garbage for no other reason than they feel entitled too. I came to this board because I was invited and there are a lot of high quality posters that I love talking football with. I haven't been around as much lately because I'm going through some things but this is always the first board I check when it comes to football followed by BBI.

Thank you for a great board to come to and I hope to be around many more years talking football with you guys. And if other Giant fans want to too, R E S P E C T!

;9244486']I completely understand why there is so much hatred for the Giants right now. Especially from Cowboy and Redskin fans. When teams are winning' date=' they are usually hated. As a Yankee fan, I am used to that. Add to that what Mara did during the offseason. But no matter how much you hate the Giants for what Mara did, you have to at least respect what they have done on the field the last five years.[/quote']

Tom, thanks for posting here. Although you root for the wrong team, I enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your contribution to this message board. To directly answer your question yes the Giants have done well the last five years and have run away with the division already. But, for being fined for not complying with the salary cap in a year with no salary cap, I just don't see how that is defensible? How would you feel if your Yankees were penalized for not complying with a non-existent salary cap for MLB and told they must spend $18 mil less per year starting next year then every team in the MLB because they did not comply with the collusion another team owner/s told them too?

Tom, thanks for posting here. Although you root for the wrong team, I enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your contribution to this message board. To directly answer your question yes the Giants have done well the last five years and have run away with the division already. But, for being fined for not complying with the salary cap in a year with no salary cap, I just don't see how that is defensible? How would you feel if your Yankees were penalized for not complying with a non-existent salary cap for MLB and told they must spend $18 mil less per year starting next year then every team in the MLB because they did not comply with the collusion another team owner/s told them too?

I never said I agree with what happened to the Redskins. I smirked that it happened to the Cowboys and really wish it happened to the Eagles only because I hate both of them. In all honesty, I don't think the Redskins or Cowboys did anything wrong and should not have been penalized.

If I understand correctly Pittsburgh is traveling to NY Sunday because the infrastructure does not support them traveling Saturday and staying overnight. The NYC marathon is CANX I believe due to the hurricane damage.

When this happened to New Orleans years ago Mara and his puppet (commish) came up with the magnanimous plan to provide the Saints a "home" game against the Giants in NY(NJ), and boasted about how they were doing such a great thing because they were giving season ticket fans from NO (who were in big time distress at the time) first shot at tickets. How very considerate and competitive balance thinking of the POS Mara.....

What would make sense to me is for Pittsburgh to return the favor and provide the Giants a "home" game in Pittsburgh. But obviously Mara and his puppet would canx the game and give the win to the Giants by default before they would allow that to happen.

---------- Post added November-2nd-2012 at 08:19 PM ----------

;9246061']I never said I agree with what happened to the Redskins. I smirked that it happened to the Cowboys and really wish it happened to the Eagles only because I hate both of them. In all honesty' date=' I don't think the Redskins or Cowboys did anything wrong and should not have been penalized.[/quote']

Roger that Tom, I hate Eagles and Cowboys too. It was just a rant, it was not intended personally towards you my friend. Just pissed about the whole not complying with the cap (collusion) during the uncapped year. Mara has done the unthinkable though, and displaced JJ as my most despised team owner in NFL.

dan, i like you,(i mean that!), but i gotta agree with jumbo on this one. paintball and wolf were acting like absolute douchebags.

tom gets it. theres a reason he's around and they arent.

;9246060']I know I am a guest on this board even if I've been here for more than 12 years. I am still a fan of a rival team and as such show the utmost respect and appreciation for being allowed on this board. If there is a thread that says ******* the Giants' date=' I understand and respect it. This is a Redskins board and I'm not expecting a red carpet and roses as a rival fan. If you are going to come to a rival board as a rival fan, there needs to be respect.

Thank you for a great board to come to and I hope to be around many more years talking football with you guys. And if other Giant fans want to too, R E S P E C T![/quote']

Couldn't you have just started a new thread - something that states **** the Giants shouldn't turn into a script for a Lifetime movie :ols:

In all seriousness, every team has enjoyable fans no matter the team but still...

**** Mara and the Giants ;)

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but, horrible personal foul call on Ryan Clark, then to call Bens pass a fumble... something just isn't sitting well for me. Looks like Mara gets to make his own rules, and could it be he has a hand in who's enforcing them as well? I may be reaching for this, but its not feeling like its as far of a reach at this point.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but, horrible personal foul call on Ryan Clark, then to call Bens pass a fumble... something just isn't sitting well for me. Looks like Mara gets to make his own rules, and could it be he has a hand in who's enforcing them as well? I may be reaching for this, but its not feeling like its as far of a reach at this point.

I KNOW RIGHT. I was watching this really getting a strange feeling. Did you see that Goodell is at this game? Mara must have asked him on a date to show off his awesome players in black and white.

This stuff is honestly getting strange and I really wish we weren't in this conference. The Giants are going to win come hell or high water apparently.

Welll atleast the Giants lost :)! That always puts a smile on my face, now lets go Falcons, and Saints tomorrow! If were gonna suck, I want the rest of our division to do horrible with us.

Really getting tired of wishing our division loses. What good does it do when WE always lose? I'm done for this year man. I don't really care anymore, we'll still end up in the basement as usual. For one season, just ONE godamn season, I'd like to see us WIN and "then" I can revel in our division's losses. It's just a moot point to root for our division rivals to lose when we keep losing. Just sick of this ****. Really sick of it.

Archived