Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Indystar - Peyton Manning: Irsay, not Grigson, will decide his future with Colts (Merged with other Manning News)

papaSkins27

I believe Manning will not be able to pass a physical, and therefore, won't be able to sign with anyone. One less thing to be concerned about. Good.

I'd like a team to be built. Let's not repeat the same mistakes.

Maybe offer manning a coaching position?

Why are so many people against the idea of signing Manning even it is later determined that he is healthy?

It's always easier to build a team with a legit QB than to build a team with a rookie QB. That is why Colts, Pats, Saints, and Packers seem to find gems one the offensive side of the ball every year while teams with crappy QBs never seem to get lucky with their picks.

McNabb did not work out because he was DONE. However if Manning is healthy, I think there is a single person out there that doesn't think manning has 3-4 years left in him.

If Manning is healthy then sign him and groom a QB.

4 year $40 million dollar contract that is front loaded. Draft a rookie QB in the first round.

Peyton helps develop the team as a starter this year and the guy we draft (Hopefully RGIII) falls into a great situation 2-3 years from now. I'd also like Rex (I know what this boards opinion on him is, but he knows playbook and he's better then most backups around the league) or Matt Flynn (if cheap although that is highly unlikely.) as a 3rd QB.

Superbowl LII Here we come!!!!

IncarceratedBob...LOL.

I'd trust Chris Broussard and his "sources" over this hack. LOL

Baghdad Bob is still tops in the Bobs.

---------- Post added January-29th-2012 at 10:33 PM ----------

Who in the hell is incarcirated bob?

He's incarcerated, and I don't trust guys locked up.

---------- Post added January-29th-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

Manning will not play in the same division as his brother. Manning will not be a Redskin just like RGIII wont be a Redskin

C'mon, they played in the back yard together for years, they love to compete. And RG3 will be a Skin if BA and MS wants him bad enough.

Even if PM is healthy, he will absolutely not sign with a team in the NFC East.

And you know this how? Are you his agent? Or maybe just worried that we'd not only spank the Giants 2x next year but would easily win most of the games we were within a Td from winning this year? Hell, we'd probably go 12-4 or better with Manning replacing Rex/Beck.

And you know this how? Are you his agent? Or maybe just worried that we'd not only spank the Giants 2x next year but would easily win most of the games we were within a Td from winning this year? Hell, we'd probably go 12-4 or better with Manning replacing Rex/Beck.
Uh, no. No we wouldn't. Nice dream though.

I agree with you, as far as BWC's comment goes. There's been no indication ever that he wouldn't sign with a team within Eli's division.

I do know this, he's not returning to the Colts. Not a chance, based on the moves they made + the money he would be owed, should he be with the Colts at the draft. No way they pay him 28 mil, coming off 3 neck surgeries. Irsay's an idiot, but not THAT much of one!

Who in the hell is incarcirated bob?

He's a guy that lives up in NY that regularly tweets scopes weeks before the news is made public. People say he makes stuff up but that's just not true. He reports rumors that sometimes changes but for the most part he's usually on the money. Again, occassionally he's wrong but he's right more than he's wrong. Looks like he's right here. People need to stop hating on him and understand that he's just tweeting the rumors circulating within circles. He's spot on with NHL and he was right a lot during FA this August in the NFL. He's had less luck with MLB.

He's a guy that lives up in NY that regularly tweets scopes weeks before the news is made public. People say he makes stuff up but that's just not true. He reports rumors that sometimes changes but for the most part he's usually on the money. Again, occassionally he's wrong but he's right more than he's wrong. Looks like he's right here. People need to stop hating on him and understand that he's just tweeting the rumors circulating within circles. He's spot on with NHL and he was right a lot during FA this August in the NFL. He's had less luck with MLB.

He was also the 1st person to tweet about Manning and his surgery.

Nike is taking over the jerseys this year. I'd image most team websites will have jerseys 50% off or buy 1 get 1 free like the Skins did when I went to the Minnesota game. They need to get the Reebok (?) jerseys out.

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 11:07 AM ----------

The Colts need to go ahead and hand Manning a headset and clipboard and the title of Offensive Coordinator.

Bruce Arians would disagree.

The latest interesting news that people seem to skip over is Colts owner JIm Irsay telling Hannah Storm that they might draft Robert Griffin III instead of Andrew Luck with the top pick. That might just be gamesmanship so they don't have to pay Luck a gazillion dollars, or maybe they really are weighing both options.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/01/colts-owner-not-sentinmental-about-manning-this-isnt-fantsay-football-jim-irsay-peyton-manning-indianapolis-colts-super-bowl-xlvi-nfl-draft/1

The latest interesting news that people seem to skip over is Colts owner JIm Irsay telling Hannah Storm that they might draft Robert Griffin III instead of Andrew Luck with the top pick. That might just be gamesmanship so they don't have to pay Luck a gazillion dollars, or maybe they really are weighing both options.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/01/colts-owner-not-sentinmental-about-manning-this-isnt-fantsay-football-jim-irsay-peyton-manning-indianapolis-colts-super-bowl-xlvi-nfl-draft/1

I wouldn't be surprised at all, and maybe it's just me, but I think Luck would have a better career here than RG3 would. I don't really have any reasoning for thinking that, just a gut feeling.

Rookie wages are predetermined now AFAIK. Luck cannot negotiate the dollar amount of his contract.

Perhaps that's to make Luck think twice about pulling an Eli if the first pick is important to him.

I know RGIII has a lot of love on this board but it's really just because we all thought Luck was a pipe dream and wrote him off. Let's be honest. Luck is the sweepstakes this year.

haha I am here as one of the few that is really hoping that Manning gets release, gets cleared to play, and he signs here with the Redskins...

It always easier to build a team and "find" talent in the draft when you are set at QB. As much as Luck and RG3 have in potential... I would take healthy Manning over those two every single time even if Manning has only 3-4 years left.

I know this because Peyton is a classy guy. Him, nor his brother Eli, nor anyone in the Manning family would wish to create a media circus 2x's a year. It was bad enough having a "Manning Bowl" every 4 years. I know you're just thrilled about sweeping the Giants for the first time since 1999, but I'm pretty certain when I say that Giants fans aren't thinking of our losses to the Redskins this past season, nor thinking about future matchups. Our concern right now is winning a world championship.

---------- Post added January-30th-2012 at 09:09 PM ----------

Rookie wages are predetermined now AFAIK. Luck cannot negotiate the dollar amount of his contract.

Correct, all 1st round picks will be signed to 4 year deals, with a 5th year team option that equates to the average of the 10 highest paid players at that position.

Cam Newton's contract was worth 22 million over 4 years...it is fully guaranteed though. But that's still a lot better then the 78 million with 50 guaranteed that Bradford got a year prior.

Archived