Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Indystar - Peyton Manning: Irsay, not Grigson, will decide his future with Colts (Merged with other Manning News)

papaSkins27

Just look at Mr. Bob's previous tweets. If he were as good as he says he is, Prince Fielder would be a Ranger, Semin would be a LA King, and Montreal and Toronto would have traded half of their rosters this season. The guy throws crap against the wall and hopes that it sticks. Anyone looking at the situation in Indy would know that Peyton probably wouldn't be back after the moves that Irsay has made so far this season. The guy is a complete fraud.

Wont fit here plus its against what we are building we want someone here past 3yrs and not have to start all over. Peytons a great player lets stay on course.

Personally, not that I'm advocating a move for Peyton, but I'd think someone of his football intelligence would fit in most any scheme at any ball club, and pick it all up pretty quick. If you went down that road, and drafted a Tannehill or the like to develop, I guess the hope would be your not starting over 3 years or so down the line as such as your QB of the future has been sat learning behind the very best.

But regardless, OP, I'd play safe and ask the mods to merge this into the mega Manning thread over the ATN; as there's been a culling of sorts on all things Manning recently which you probably missed.

Hail.

Am hearing that Redskins will sign Manning (if healthy) and take Cousins in the draft.

Bringing Manning to DC is the most moronic thing I have ever heard! Trading up for Luck or RG3 costs about the same so why would anyone ever considering doing something that dumb? Last time I checked we aren't the Raiders & Al Davis is dead

Peter King just reported on the NBC Pro Bowl pre-game show that he spoke to Gil Brandt, who is a friend of the Manning Family (among other NFL ties), and Gil said his guess was that we've seen the last of Manning in a uniform. Apparently the nerve hasn't regenerated, and until it does he can't pass a physical, which subsequently would prevent him from signing anywhere.

:doh: This is never going to end until FA and the draft is over. I personally think the writing is on the wall as the marriage that is Manning and the Colts is over. Unfortunately, these types of declarations will continue until such a divorce happens and Manning either retires or signs with a new team. Got to love the off-season. :pfft:

I seriously DOUBT that Peyton is a skin... there's no way i see that happening unless he's 100% healthy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton Manning is forced to take another year off. Surgery is no joke. Depending on the extent of the illness or injury, a person still won't completely heal from surgery for a year or more. That's the nature of the human body.

If Mike Shanahan decided to sign Manning, it should be in a back up capacity. While I think Peyton Manning can still play at a high level as a starting quarterback in the NFL, he's still suspect only because of his neck injury. He's one hit away from being paralyzed or being injured again.

We might as well start coming up with curse names for the Colts like "Curse of the Billy Goat" "Curse of the Bambino" that we can start using in 30 years.

If the Colts cut Manning, they are going to be cursed right? Seems like a classic sports curse situation.

I already feel bad for Andrew Luck and his short, injury ridden career.

I just hope if he is healthy, we aren't even in the discussions of signing him. Hopefully we can grab some popcorn and watch the Jets/Cowboys battle it out for Manning. I would be so angry if the Redskins ended up signing Manning. So sick of the FA BS. I just wish we can enter an offseason one of these years and not be named in the running for every FA who hits the market. Last offseason was a breath of fresh air as we were only in like 50% of the reports. 50% is better than 100%. Maybe only 25% this year?

Wont fit here plus its against what we are building we want someone here past 3yrs and not have to start all over. Peytons a great player lets stay on course.

Not so fast. Shannahan has probably one more year left before he's let go. This is year three, he's playing for his job. I don't want him here either but its looking more likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton Manning is forced to take another year off. Surgery is no joke. Depending on the extent of the illness or injury, a person still won't completely heal from surgery for a year or more. That's the nature of the human body.

If Mike Shanahan decided to sign Manning, it should be in a back up capacity. While I think Peyton Manning can still play at a high level as a starting quarterback in the NFL, he's still suspect only because of his neck injury. He's one hit away from being paralyzed or being injured again.

I don't subscribe to the "one hit away" as some other posters have cited as well. Fact is, every player who steps out on the field is "one hit away" from a career ending injury. The issue here is the simple fact that Manning has had three neck surgeries in the span of 19 months. To compound that point, it has been reported that the nerve within his neck is not responding to the surgeries and could possibly mark the end of Manning's career. No team will sign Manning, regardless of how great he has been over the years, if he cannot pass a physical. And let's face it, with all the media attention that this situation has received, there isn't one team in the league I can think of (with the possible exception of good old GM Jerruh :silly:) that would ensure his physical would emphasize the neck injury, its surgeries, and the development of recovery.

Signing Manning, even as a backup (even though I believe he would retire first as opposed to taking a backseat to any QB), would not be feasible if there was any indication that his injury has not fully healed. That really would make him "one hit away" from a career ending injury. And quite possibly a worse situation.

I believe Manning will not be able to pass a physical, and therefore, won't be able to sign with anyone. One less thing to be concerned about. Good.

I'd like a team to be built. Let's not repeat the same mistakes.

Maybe offer manning a coaching position?

This thread might make a mod or two a little annoyed.

This is quite possible, go skins. Not much new here to see other than the fact the Incarcerated Bob (who I do not tout as a reliable tual information) is adding a different spin on the same story for his own self-interests. Truth is, everyone knows that Manning's tenure with the Colts is drawing to an end. Yet, speculation will continue about what will happen with Manning until we get a truthful news story concerning his future.

Just look at Mr. Bob's previous tweets. If he were as good as he says he is, Prince Fielder would be a Ranger, Semin would be a LA King, and Montreal and Toronto would have traded half of their rosters this season. The guy throws crap against the wall and hopes that it sticks. Anyone looking at the situation in Indy would know that Peyton probably wouldn't be back after the moves that Irsay has made so far this season. The guy is a complete fraud.

I'm with you.

Manning will not play in the same division as his brother.

ive heard that, but do we really think that would stop him from being a redskin- all other things being equal? i kind of see it as a bonus. especially if eli wins super bowl #2. its not like eli is unaccomplished and peyton doesnt want to hurt his chances of success.

at this point, they are both more than established and would likely enjoy the opportunity to play each other 2 times a year.

at least, i would think.

Archived