Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How good ARE the Giants, why did the Redskins sweep them, and why did they sweep the Cowboys?

The Giants swept the Cowboys for the same reason that the Redskins realistically SHOULD HAVE swept the Cowboys and that is the Cowboys are 100% finesse on offense. When they go up against a competant defense that can hold their big playmakers in check, Jason Garrett has no answer in his scheme. The Cowboys offense is based on the big play. Sort of like the Saints prior to getting a running game. When the Cowboys miss on a big play it is almost a given they will go back to one 2-3 plays later. If you have a defense that can cover the deep zone of the field, it puts a lot of pressure on their O-line to give Romo sits to pee tons of time, also they rely heavily on Romo sits to pee's mobility to extend plays. There have been countless times that their designed play on offense didn't produce jack, but Romo sits to pee scrambled, and then the WR eventually broke free and that is how they moved the chains.

My break is over. I will explain why 'Skins swept Giants when I get home from work.

Man, you guys will desperately cling on to anything to make you feel good about your team. It didn't matter this season that the Redskins swept the Giants, and it won't matter next season either. It's sad that if the Giants possibly hold up the Lombardi trophy this year that the only thing you will be saying to yourselves is "BUT WE SWEPT THEM!"

Sweeping the Giants has no bearing of how close you may think your team is to being good, and that is the reality.

Man, you guys will desperately cling on to anything to make you feel good about your team. It didn't matter this season that the Redskins swept the Giants, and it won't matter next season either. It's sad that if the Giants possibly hold up the Lombardi trophy this year that the only thing you will be saying to yourselves is "BUT WE SWEPT THEM!"

Sweeping the Giants has no bearing of how close you may think your team is to being good, and that is the reality.

Did you even ****ing READ the OP? :ols: :doh:...

At least your other Giants fan brethren weren't as stupidly knee-jerk in their responses. You should spend a minute or two reading their responses and then erase pretty much all of your nonsense and try again. :thumbsup:

Did you even ****ing READ the OP? :ols: :doh:...

At least your other Giants fan brethren weren't as stupidly knee-jerk in their responses. You should spend a minute or two reading their responses and then erase pretty much all of your nonsense and try again. :thumbsup:

Yes I did read the OP. It was a lob for the "zomg we swept the giants" spike.

We like to make fun of Eli for being goofy and all. But, he really is good. Romo sits to pee does have slightly better stats, but Eli has been healthy his whole career while Romo sits to pee missed 13 games in the past 5 seasons. One problem is that Eli's teammates didn't start playing well until the end of the season. And another problem is the turnovers. If Eli would take care of the ball better (INTs & fumbles), he would be in the elite class of QBs. But, the Giants (and especially Eli) are hot right now in the playoffs.

i'm not buying the whole "we got them at a good time" , "they had injuries" , "blah blah blah"

It's ridiculous...

The Giants were 3-1 through the first 4 weeks (lost to the Redskins)

They were 3-1 to close out the season (lost to the Redskins)

If anything, they played us when they were playing some of their best. Thats a record of 6-2 (2 losses to the Redskins) - they struggled in the middle of the season and guess what? The Redskins didn't play them in the middle of the season.

i'm not buying the whole "we got them at a good time" , "they had injuries" , "blah blah blah"

It's ridiculous...

You might not like it, but it's the truth. The Skins scored more points on the Giants in week 15 than they have allowed in their two playoff games combined against the 15-1 Packers and 10-6 Falcons. And 14 of those playoff points were only possible because of terrible officiating.

Uh yea so why didn't the Giants f'ng show up in December and beat us?

The difference between that 6th pick and 4th pick is huge right now. We'd be ahead of Cleveland.

Honestly, we just pounded the Giants physically and outschemed them in December. For whatever reason, we were the better team.

They are playing fantastic right now. That win over GB was damn impressive. I expect them to go to Candlestick and win this weekend

It's called luck. The Giants always get it at the right time. Whether its a Roger Craig Fumble, Scott Norwood miss, Brett Favre interception, dropped Asante Samuel interception, Tyree Miracle Catch, Victor Cruz fumble reversal, Ryan Fitzpatrick interception, Brandon Marshall phantom pass interference call, defensive interference call against New England, or the Packers dropping passes/footballs/missing open receivers all over the field, they get the bounces when they need them.

You might not like it, but it's the truth. The Skins scored more points on the Giants in week 15 than they have allowed in their two playoff games combined against the 15-1 Packers and 10-6 Falcons. And 14 of those playoff points were only possible because of terrible officiating.

You can't pick and choose which games you want to count. The fact is the Giants had 2 shots at them during 2 different 3-1 stretches (again both of those losses were against the Redskins) and couldn't capitalize, over-match, outplay, whatever word you want to use, against Redskins. Fact is, and until proven otherwise, head-to-head the Redskins are the better team.

They're a well-rounded team. And as I've been saying all year, Eli Manning is the most underrated QB in the NFL. Well, except when he played the Redskins this year.

vs. Washington 2011

525 yards, 0 TDs, 4 INTs, 58.1 QB rating

vs. Dallas 2011

746 yards, 5TDs, 1 INT, 113.7 QB rating

I guess that's sort of my answer for why we swept them, and why they swept Dallas.

It's called luck. The Giants always get it at the right time. Whether its a Roger Craig Fumble, Scott Norwood miss, Brett Favre interception, dropped Asante Samuel interception, Tyree Miracle Catch, Victor Cruz fumble reversal, Ryan Fitzpatrick interception, Brandon Marshall phantom pass interference call, defensive interference call against New England, or the Packers dropping passes/footballs/missing open receivers all over the field, they get the bounces when they need them.

I could literally have a list of "unlucky" things that happened in almost every single one of those games.They're a good team that has the exact same amount of "luck" as every other team.

Uh yea so why didn't the Giants f'ng show up in December and beat us?

The difference between that 6th pick and 4th pick is huge right now. We'd be ahead of Cleveland.

Let's not play fortune teller here. Last year, Cam Newton went from projected to us at 10, to the #1 overall. What I'm saying is, whether picking at #4 or #6, I wouldn't feel entirely sure we get RG3 unless we are at #2.

I could literally have a list of "unlucky" things that happened in almost every single one of those games.They're a good team that has the exact same amount of "luck" as every other team.

I agree with you, Blue.

But in Week 17, it was almost comical to me. I was laughing at the television seeing the funny bounces.

The fumble that all Alan Ball had to do was fall on and it's Dallas ball. Slides away.

I even looked at my girlfriend after that and said, "Man, it seems they are getting all of the bounces tonight."

Then bam! Another fumble, Sensabaugh picks up, bounces, rolls, pops right back up into Eli's hands.

Was amazing.

I agree with you, Blue.

But in Week 17, it was almost comical to me. I was laughing at the television seeing the funny bounces.

The fumble that all Alan Ball had to do was fall on and it's Dallas ball. Slides away.

I even looked at my girlfriend after that and said, "Man, it seems they are getting all of the bounces tonight."

Then bam! Another fumble, Sensabaugh picks up, bounces, rolls, pops right back up into Eli's hands.

Was amazing.

kinda like Romo sits to pee and his 6+ fumbles and bad snaps in the Redskins game

I think the best answer is something along the lines of the NFL being a very week to week league. Not a ton separates the good teams from the mediocre teams in this era.

The Redskins lack a franchise QB which makes it hard to CONSISTENTLY go out and win every week, but that doesn't mean the team as a whole is horrible and is not capable of playing some of the best teams in the NFL.

You can look at the 'Skins schedule and make the case that if we had a QB who was the same as Rex Grossman, but just threw less INTs overall per game, the Skins would have easily been a .500 team.

In the end it doesn't matter, the team is as good as their record says they are, but the point is when most of the team's games regardless if they are playing Playoff teams or last place teams, are being decided by field goals and/or the last possession of the game, to me it shows that this era of the NFL has been manufactured in such a way that the good and bad are not separated by much and because it gives all 32 teams a realistic chance of being a playoff team following even the worst of seasons.

I haven't taken the time to read this entire thread to see other peoples opinions, but speaking purely from a Redskins standpoint, I think it boils down to a few things:

The Giants couldn't handle our pass rush for one, and although they did have key injuries when we played them, I'm sure that we had our own share of injuries as well, so I won't use that one. I think the Giants secondary had some some severe 3rd down meltdowns (as well as collective coverage brainfarts all around) in both games, allowing us to stay on the field and get TD's.

I also think that the constant pressure made Eli erratic at times, causing turnovers, and I remember him throwing perfect passes to some of his receivers, that were dropped. I believe one would've been a TD.

Ahem. Just another thing to add to the list. Star punt returner is hurt and his backup fumbles twice in the 4th quarter and OT of the NFC championship game right into the Giants hands to give them the winning 10 points. Must be nice.

Archived