Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP Insider: Redskins assistants Jackson, McCardell won’t return

Thiscat41

Yeah, I thought McCardell did a tremendous job in 2010 getting armstrong and others up to speed. Clearly, this year the receivers didn't step up, but I blame that much more on the lack of a preseason and offseason than I do on coaching.

Not sure if I agree with this unless McCardell had a better opportunity and they are letting him go to pursue it (or decided coaching isn't for him)

Yeah, I thought McCardell did a tremendous job in 2010 getting armstrong and others up to speed. Clearly, this year the receivers didn't step up, but I blame that much more on the lack of a preseason and offseason than I do on coaching.

Not sure if I agree with this unless McCardell had a better opportunity and they are letting him go to pursue it (or decided coaching isn't for him)

yeah, what you've mentioned makes it kind of puzzling as to his impending release... I'm sure we'll catch wind of the details later on.

I thought our WR's improved with McCardell... I mean we got Armstrong, Gaffney, and hankerson all having big game which is an improvement from the past

Gaffney was what he's always been. His stats were the best of his career but when was he ever a #1 wr?

Hankerson was talented and coming along well....Armstrong took a big step back obviously. Maybe Shanahan got frustrated that at the end of the day our top 3 wrs were vets. Armstrong, Austin, Paul, and Robinson couldn't climb their way up throughout the season.

Keep in mind Mccardell is also responsible for a big part of what plays they decide to gameplan with (i think it's split between teh shanahans mccardell and the running backs coach)

Maybe they didn't like his work in that department

That man is going to end up killing somebody to release his frustrations..lol

I see this ending bad for Bang.....he is going to walk up to Danny Smith one day and introduce himself as BANG....and proceed to shoot Danny Smith in the Face.....Bang goes to jail but is still mad because the bullet waus stopped by the HUGE wad of gum Danny was chewing at the time and returns to coaching the following week.

word going around is Karl Dorrell to replace McCardell
That would be a consistent hire -- Dorrell has a great well-rounded resume, lots of WR receiver coaching experience, and was with Shanahan at one point, when Denver had a pretty good WR corps. I thought McCardell was a big improvement over Stan Hixon, but it's possible that Shanahan is trying to take advantage of the MIami Dolphins being overhauled.

I don't think we're going to be missing much. Morris is a great hire. Not sure who we bring in at WR coach, but those that can't do, teach. McCardell obviously was able to do, but I wasn't sure he'd be up for the coaching part. He had two years and I don't think anything beyond Moss and Gaffney is set in stone. We love what Hank did in one game, but I think Armstrong's regression did him in.

word going around is Karl Dorrell to replace McCardell

Wonder where you heard that from..... :rolleyes:

:silly:

Armstrong dropped off.

Gaffeny was our best WR.

Moss was, well Moss until he broke his hand, came back & started dropping balls.

Austin, Banks, Devin & Malcom, Paul, Hankerson. Out of those, only Hank flashed before getting IR'd.

Archived