Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Robert Griffin III is a Washington Redskin (Merged-- The Everything RG3 Thread- Mocks,News, Rumors etc MET)

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

As much as I am going to miss RGIII playing for Baylor, I find myself much more excited to think about what he is going

to do with the Redskins.

BTW: Here is a draft recap that will get you pumped up.

Brian Billick talking about our new franchise qb.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=1d06f32e-195f-4e4c-9ffa-cc23cd7fc42d&from=foxsports/nfl/home_gallery

As much as I am going to miss RGIII playing for Baylor, I find myself much more excited to think about what he is going

to do with the Redskins.

BTW: Here is a draft recap that will get you pumped up.

Brian Billick talking about our new franchise qb.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/NFL?vid=1d06f32e-195f-4e4c-9ffa-cc23cd7fc42d&from=foxsports/nfl/home_gallery

maybe Gruden can sit and talk to these guys because all he could come up with yesterday was, RGIII run a very simple offense, just a bunch of bubble screens.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/38523/rg3-knows-the-hardest-part-awaits

"It's about how humble you stay," Griffin said a couple of hours after the Redskins made official what everyone had known for a month. "It's how smart you can be amid everything that's going on. I'm not going to go into that locker room and say, 'Hey, guys, look at me. I'm on the cover of ESPN the Magazine.' That's not going to work, and I understand that."

Here's an even better quote:

"If we're successful in Washington, it's not just me," Griffin said. "But if we're not successful in Washington, it is just me."

How can you not love the kid?

last night I was randomly thinking "why the hell did they give Griffin such a small hat to wear?" it looked like a damn Yamaka on his head :ols:

I wish Reebok still had the hat contract. Those draft hats looked ridiculous.

---------- Post added April-27th-2012 at 11:29 AM ----------

Anyone got the video of his interview with deion?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAV-m-282Es

I've been a Redskin fan since the early 70's. I'm 51. I've gone into each and every season with love and promise in my heart. I'm a firm believer in fresh starts and ''anything can happen.'' Since Mr. Snyder has owned the team my ''love and promise'' has grown a side of cynicism. I think the drafting of RG3 shows that MAYBE Snyder and co. are coming around and we are building a potential winner. The real proof will come in September.

So we got people in the office visiting from my company's New York office. My coworker--older lady who doesn't follow football at all--was asking who RGIII is. I was explaining to her. This douche stops and says, "I didn't realize how small he is." Get the **** out of here. "I'm a Giants fan." Yeah and you're scared already *****.

Just spent 40 minutes--at work--making this as a result:

RGIIISizeComparison.jpg

So we got people in the office visiting from my company's New York office. My coworker--older lady who doesn't follow football at all--was asking who RGIII is. I was explaining to her. This douche stops and says, "I didn't realize how small he is." Get the **** out of here. "I'm a Giants fan." Yeah and you're scared already *****.

I was wondering about his size myself. And then I was really curious how he compared to mcnabb when he came out of college. I haven't read this entire thread, so there's probably a good chance that this was already discussed ad nauseum, but I found this article from SI in 1999 when mcnabb was drafted 2nd overall:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/1999/nfldraft/news/1999/04/12/mcnabb/

"I believe people began to understand that we're not just guys out there running the ball all day," McNabb said. "We have to make checks at the line of scrimmage, we're reading defenses, we're making reads on the run. Maybe I run around back there in the pocket. But there's a reason for that. I just try to make a play out there."

Option quarterbacks always have been a tough sell in the drop-back world of the NFL. While many scouts appreciate the athleticism involved in being a good option quarterback, most believe that the best pros are those schooled in pro-style offenses.

That has changed, slowly, as scouts begin to appreciate the way many option quarterbacks can escape the rush and make plays on the run.

It's exactly what has made McNabb, a 6-foot-2, 223-pounder with a good arm and an even better disposition, a sure Top 10 pick in the draft.

"He's always been an outstanding athlete, he's always been a playmaker, he's always been someone who's been able to take off and run with the football," said Tom Donahoe, the director of football operations for the Pittsburgh Steelers. "But where he made significant strides this year was in his ability to throw the football."

That's often been a rap on option quarterbacks. Because they don't always have to throw, they don't develop the reputation for arm strength and accuracy that many drop-back quarterbacks -- guys like Kentucky's Tim Couch -- do.

Article really points out alot of similarities between the 2 players, and alot of the same comments (pros/cons) being said about RG3 were being thrown around towards mcnabb in 99'. If RG3 can give us the same sort of opportunities to win championship games as what #5 gave the eagles in his 10 year tenure there, then his pick is well worth the cost.

Article really points out alot of similarities between the 2 players, and alot of the same comments (pros/cons) being said about RG3 were being thrown around towards mcnabb in 99'. If RG3 can give us the same sort of opportunities to win championship games as what #5 gave the eagles in his 10 year tenure there, then his pick is well worth the cost.

Both have quick releases.

RG3 if faster. McNabb was illusive. Very different runners.

RG3 is accurate. McNabb was "improving." The worms in Philly, Washington and Minnesota (under the turf) say hi!

McNabb was supposed to be a leader, but turned out to be a weirdo. Hopefully that won't happen with RG3.

Both are/were playmakers.

It would be difficult to be dissapointed if RG3 turns out to have similar success to McNabb, but I'm hoping for better, frankly.

I think RG3's accuracy will translate to an even better career than McFlabbs. What's interesting to me is that I'd swear that RG3 looks smaller and more lithe than McNabb. Aside from my own poor memory, the only thing I can attribute that to is that perhaps RG3 has a lower % of body fat than McFlabb and thus is more compact. But then I'm not an exercise physiologist so...

Archived