Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins staff meeting with Raheem Morris?

AboveLegit

I was at the epicenter of suck having to hear about this guy every night on my local news but I still don't have a problem bringing him in as an assistant. The Bucs completely collapsed this season but it wasn't all bad the last three years. I think the locals were actually shocked at this season after ten wins in 2010. Josh Freeman is still on billboards everywhere.

I think its incredibly bad form to openly court a position coach before there is a vacancy.

It makes me wonder who the 'brass' were? Allen and Kyle?

Because that could simply have been 3 friends sharing a meal.

BTW-I think Raheem Morris is a good coach and was somewhat surprised that he got the axe but its then NFL.

I read some where that Jackson was considering the Purdue job, his alma mater. That could be the reason and would provide the cover.

Huh? You do realize the Vikings and Bucs aren't in the same division, right?
Dude, new shift, it's late and I'm tired. Sorry.:) You are correct.

In my head I still think of the Bucs and Vikings in the same division. The old divisions are still etched in my old brain. Maybe he was thinking the same thing. ;)

Sources: Vikes to talk to Raheem Morris

EmailPrintComments

By Chris Mortensen

ESPN

Archive

Raheem Morris, who was fired Monday as coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, will interview with the Minnesota Vikings on Friday for a high-level position on their defensive staff, according to league and team sources.

NFC North blog

ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert writes about all things NFC North in his division blog.

• NFL Nation blog

Morris was en route to Minneapolis on Thursday from Washington, D.C., where he met with the Redskins regarding a defensive backs coaching job, the sources said.

Morris will meet with Vikings coach Leslie Frazier and newly named general manager Rick Spielman to discuss a possible job as defensive coordinator or assistant head coach/defense.

A team source indicated that the talks are exploratory and no decisions have been made on staff changes yet.

Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7430202/sources-minnesota-vikings-interview-raheem-morris-high-level-job-d

Well, Defensive Coordinator > DBacks Coach. It was a good effort

NO so fast, Ziggy don't have the bucks Snyder is willing to part with. It may not be over yet. And the Vikes suck but given the opt. maybe he goes for the title over the chance to work with Mike? IDK. we'll see.

NO so fast, Ziggy don't have the bucks Snyder is willing to part with. It may not be over yet. And the Vikes suck but given the opt. maybe he goes for the title over the chance to work with Mike? IDK. we'll see.

SWFL, exactly!!! Plus, it may be a safer choice to go back to where he gained his fame from rather than go into a DC role. JMO.

Well, Defensive Coordinator > DBacks Coach. It was a good effort

Assistant Head Coach > Defensive Coordinator.

Titles are just that, they don't always denote true responsibility in this league. We also have a more attractive position group at DB than Minnesota by far, and even moreso if we resolve our questions at safety.

---------- Post added January-7th-2012 at 02:56 PM ----------

By the way that is my money Snyder is throwing around and all the other fans too. (Smiley Face Caption)

Its really not. Unless you are a season ticket holder for multiple seasons the small amount of money you're spending on merchandise isn't significant. Much if not most of the money comes from tv deals which aren't costing you anything unless you're paying for something similar to Sunday ticket. Snyder bought the team with his money and has no issue spending more of it to improve this team. He isn't one of the owners padding his wallet at the expense of the team so the whole "that's my money!" idea is fairly ridiculous.

I dunno, leaving DC without a deal doesn't sound like good news. Why go visit Minny unless you weren't happy with our offer? Meh, whatever.

Leverage for one thing. It would also be wise of Morris to see what kind of responsibility each team is willing to offer and which staff he feels he would be a better fit for.

» Morris, fired by Tampa after 10 straight losses to end the season, has already met with the Redskins and Vikings about positions on their defensive staffs, and he is very close to Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin. Tomlin is a mentor to Morris, and the Steelers could lose defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau, who contemplates retirement at the end of every season. If LeBeau does retire, league sources say Steelers linebackers coach Keith Butler would be promoted to defensive coordinator, but any move on that side of the ball could provide an opportunity for Tomlin to lure in Morris.
Link

I think he will go with the Steelers.

Maybe he might think that he has a better chance to get a SB ring with the Steelers. Something money can't buy.

But, I hope we do get him to come here somehow though.

Its not as if he's nearing retirement. He's a young guy. Any choice he makes will be the one he thinks is best for his career, one that may lead him to another HC gig some day. If he gets the Asst HC title here, along with more responsibility, etc. and is only being offered a position coach gig with the Steelers, I don't think the Steeler's being closer to a SB will sway him. His work here may look better on a resume for the future.

Maybe he might think that he has a better chance to get a SB ring with the Steelers. Something money can't buy.

But, I hope we do get him to come here somehow though.

...not completly true, there are always players who get in financiel probelems and need to sell there rings XD

Who do you guys see as a potential HC on the squad right now? I like Keenan McCardell his potential, he has the natural HC look.

Think Spanos is to weird for a HC and Shanahan isn't a demanding in controle figure.

For those of you without twitter. J posted these last night.

Jsteelz @Jsteelzextreme

For those that was worried about Morris knocking Haz out as D coord..dont worry about that, Haz going nowhere, fact is...............

Jsteelz @Jsteelzextreme

Haz went to Shanny and asked for change at DB, has been very unhappy with Slowik work..Shanny agrees, thus looking at Morris

Jsteelz @Jsteelzextreme

For those that was worried about Morris knocking Haz out as D coord..dont worry about that, Haz going nowhere, fact is...............

Jsteelz @Jsteelzextreme

Haz went to Shanny and asked for change at DB, has been very unhappy with Slowik work..Shanny agrees, thus looking at Morris

Thanks for posting those tweets C4, thats real interesting information. Man you got to love this site for all the insider info.

What a coincidence. I've been unhappy with the DB play too. By far the worst performing unit on D

---------- Post added January-10th-2012 at 06:44 AM ----------

In my head I still think of the Bucs and Vikings in the same division. The old divisions are still etched in my old brain. Maybe he was thinking the same thing. ;)

Sometimes I still think of the Seahawks as an AFC team.

Jsteelz @Jsteelzextreme

Jsteelz @Jsteelzextreme

c4man also forgot the other tweet.

c4man knows what is happening with Morris. I called you out because I want to know too ;)

From Schefter:

AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

RT @hedlund95: Anymore word on vikes D coordinator search? ... Leader in clubhouse is Raheem Morris.

2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Don't know if this is good or bad for skins.

The Junkies also said this morning that the Cowboys are talking to Morris. I would be so pissed if they landed him over the Skins.

I think it was for the same position as DB coach as Campo was let go. Hope we get Morris. Time will tell.

Archived