Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins staff meeting with Raheem Morris?

AboveLegit

Sounds like a great idea, I always liked Raheem's passion.

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 09:44 AM ----------

I think they are dining him to maybe bring him on as the DC if Haslet rumors are true. He is being considered for the Miami job. I read an article on NFL network that says that Carl Peterson is being considered for the GM position in Miami and was in negotiations with trying to help them acquire Jeff Fisher. If Fisher is not hired the Peterson would not take the GM position unless they hire Haslet which Peterson thinks highly of. So the scenario could be that Fisher doesn't take the job but Haslet does and Peterson is the GM which leaves our DC open.So Morris could be brought on and if Haslet leaves for the HC of Miami then the Redskins have Morris as DC to replace Haslet. All of this is just based on a theory of mine and possible line of thinking by the Redskins.

I disagree. Lou Spanos would probably take over if Haz left for Miami.

Plus, I'm not sure Morris has any experience with a 3-4

I think they are dining him to maybe bring him on as the DC if Haslet rumors are true. He is being considered for the Miami job. I read an article on NFL network that says that Carl Peterson is being considered for the GM position in Miami and was in negotiations with trying to help them acquire Jeff Fisher. If Fisher is not hired the Peterson would not take the GM position unless they hire Haslet which Peterson thinks highly of. So the scenario could be that Fisher doesn't take the job but Haslet does and Peterson is the GM which leaves our DC open.So Morris could be brought on and if Haslet leaves for the HC of Miami then the Redskins have Morris as DC to replace Haslet. All of this is just based on a theory of mine and possible line of thinking by the Redskins.

*If* that's true I hope that doesnt mean another switch of scheme from the 3-4 :(

If he's brought in as a DB coach then I'm all for it.

Jsteelz @Jsteelzextreme

Morris would likely get the asst, head coach tag

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 10:18 AM ----------

c4man5282 @c4man5282

@Jsteelzextreme asst head coach of the DB's? something like that?

----------------------------

Jsteelz @Jsteelzextreme

@c4man5282 more like Asst Head Coach / Cb coach

Not sure about it being a done deal. Just putting a picture out there for us as to what will happen if it does.

I sure hope it is though.

Agreed. Would be a great addition. I'm guessing Slowik would be shown the door rather than stay on in some capacity

Jsteelz @Jsteelzextreme

Morris would likely get the asst, head coach tag

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 10:18 AM ----------

c4man5282 @c4man5282

@Jsteelzextreme asst head coach of the DB's? something like that?

----------------------------

Jsteelz @Jsteelzextreme

@c4man5282 more like Asst Head Coach / Cb coach

So is Raheem joining the staff pretty much a done deal or just speculation/a good chance right now?

Not sure about it being a done deal. Just putting a picture out there for us as to what will happen if it does.

I sure hope it is though.

Agreed. Would be a great addition. I'm guessing Slowik would be shown the door rather than stay on in some capacity

I would think so too but what happens to Steven Jackson the current safety coach? With Shannys ties to Slowik I can see Jackson being fired and Slowik staying on in some capacity to coach CBs or Safeties (which ever one Morris does not coach). Unless Shanny wants to consolidate the secondary coaching to one person (like a normal team) in which case both Slowik and Jackson are gone.

hate if you want, but I hope he does come here and finds a way to bring Aqib Talib with him.... pending his court status of course. The dude is pure talent and a #1CB

Not gonna hate that idea because I love it. Talib is a hell of a player. Wouldn't be the first person to turn his life around after an off the field incident. I think we have the locker room to keep him in line. Make his contract incentive based.

Not gonna hate that idea because I love it. Talib is a hell of a player. Wouldn't be the first person to turn his life around after an off the field incident. I think we have the locker room to keep him in line. Make his contract incentive based.

Amen bro, he's top notch.. Morris wants him back in 2012 with the Bucs, but if Morris is gone, there's no telling if the organization will keep him and Morris could sway him away to DC.... After all, Talib said Morris is "his dog" lol

Archived