Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins staff meeting with Raheem Morris?

AboveLegit

I would love to get Morris as our DBs coach. I think Tampa should have kept him 1 more year but the team was playing awful. Funny how they went winless once Haynesworthless arrived. Raheem is gonna be ok. He's a really good young coach. Hopefully we can grab him for a couple of years to get this secondary str8.

Maybe we should bump the Thread?

Looks like it could be Raheem Morris, instead of Steve Spagnuola.

Either way, Nice to know,I know...what the hell, I'm talking about.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?361199-Please-fire-both-Bob%28DB%29-amp-Bobby-Slowik%28DA%29-amp-Jacob-Burney%28DL%29!!-Replace-with-Darrell-Green%28DB%29-amp-Steve-Spagnuolo%28DL-amp-DA%29

lol, this is how you defend that thread and justify it in your mind? Slowik is the only one legitimately on the hot seat here... you do realize you wanted Jacob Burney gone as well, who did nothing but a good job with the Dline, right?

At least show some semblance of balance in your assessment of yourself. :ols:

if they pull this **** off and he is our d backs coach. Im going to be speechless. What an upgraded All star staff. Are you kidding me? that dude got the short end of the stick when McCoy went down their defense couldn't stop anyone and they fell apart. He was in year 3 of his rebuild, but they were 10-6 the year before suffered some serious injuries, not to mention the whole Talib situation. They regressed but that dude was doing some things, in a very tough division

The defense under Haslett will be even better next year. I was really impressed with the play of the defensive linemen and the linebackers this year. The secondary, I have to criticize greatly. Aside from the fact that Landry and Atogwe were injured for most of the year, I was really disappointed in the play of DeAngelo Hall. After making it to the pro bowl in 2010, he often played like a nickel back, meaning he didn't resemble a No. 1 cornerback not one bit. He got beat all year long. Josh Wilson however, struggled from early to mid season but concluded very strongly towards the end of the year.

Enter Raheem Morris. He'll be a head coach again someday. But like Jim Zorn before him, he only fits in as a position coach for now. He could definitely help the defensive backs become much better.

Would be a great move if Morris is hired to coach the DBs. Also, it shows well of Shanahan since Swolik is his long time friend and assistant coach. I know the move would be hard for Shanny to make but as I said it is the correct move in this case.

Anyone know what style Raheem brings to the secondary? Does he teach bump n run??? off coverage????? He had Talib and they seemd to play a more physical style in the secondary. I wonder how Wilson & Hall will fit into that style.

He'd teach whatever Haslett tells him to teach.

I really like this.

I really liked Morris as a coach, even though his team fell apart this year.

I don't know that can all be put on him, the talent in Tampa is questionable and the owners are a quagmire to deal with. I think he could and might be groomed to be the DC eventually. Maybe Kyle and Raheem are the future.

Do we know for sure it's for DB coach? Seems like the obvious choice but how do we know it's not for another position or even DC?

Morris has no experience running a 3-4 team he is from the Tony Dungy/Lovie Smith Tampa-2 line of coaches. Unless we are going back to a 4-3 there is no way Morris is qualified to coach our current scheme. IMO Morris is being interviewed for the DB/secondary coaching position.

Morris has no experience running a 3-4 team he is from the Tony Dungy/Lovie Smith Tampa-2 line of coaches. Unless we are going back to a 4-3 there is no way Morris is qualified to coach our current scheme. IMO Morris is being interviewed for the DB/secondary coaching position.

Actually the Bucs experimented with the 3-4 throughout the year this year. They would switch between 3-4 and 4-3 periodically throughout games to give a different look to opposing teams. The link below is one article I found on it.

http://www.replaytheseries.com/pages/landing_catholic?blockID=298842&tagID=70945

Actually the Bucs experimented with the 3-4 throughout the year this year. They would switch between 3-4 and 4-3 periodically throughout games to give a different look to opposing teams. The link below is one article I found on it.

http://www.replaytheseries.com/pages/landing_catholic?blockID=298842&tagID=70945

Still that is not much experience to go on to run the 3-4 scheme as your base defense. Morris could probably learn to run it but I just dont think he is here for that position. I can see him learning it from Has and Spanos to one day be able to run the whole scheme.

I don't know that can all be put on him, the talent in Tampa is questionable and the owners are a quagmire to deal with. I think he could and might be groomed to be the DC eventually. Maybe Kyle and Raheem are the future.

The team quit on him. That is why he was let go in Tampa. They got really sloppy on tackles and cashed in their chips early in the year. He just wasn't ready to be a HC yet. I am not knocking him at all and think he would be good for the Skins as a DB coach.

What I really want to know about the dinner is if the subject of fatass came up.:ols:

What he did for Ronde Barber was exceptional. I see Deangelo Hall in the same mold in terms of their ability to face the quarterback and break on the ball.

Would be an excellent move in the short term and good insurance if Haslett gets another HC gig anytime soon. I know he is interviewing for at least one this offseason.

I think they are dining him to maybe bring him on as the DC if Haslet rumors are true. He is being considered for the Miami job. I read an article on NFL network that says that Carl Peterson is being considered for the GM position in Miami and was in negotiations with trying to help them acquire Jeff Fisher. If Fisher is not hired the Peterson would not take the GM position unless they hire Haslet which Peterson thinks highly of. So the scenario could be that Fisher doesn't take the job but Haslet does and Peterson is the GM which leaves our DC open.So Morris could be brought on and if Haslet leaves for the HC of Miami then the Redskins have Morris as DC to replace Haslet. All of this is just based on a theory of mine and possible line of thinking by the Redskins.

Archived