Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins staff meeting with Raheem Morris?

AboveLegit

Not gonna hate that idea because I love it. Talib is a hell of a player. Wouldn't be the first person to turn his life around after an off the field incident. I think we have the locker room to keep him in line. Make his contract incentive based.

Is he even available? If he's a free agent we should be all over that. If not, I'd be curious what the trade cost would be.

If Morris is hired, maybe he can make our secondary "youngry!" I'm not sure how much of our issues were tied to Slowik vs. lack of talent. Hall is what we knew he is. He's a gambler that gets burned at times and is a play maker at times. I thought Josh Wilson was a liability. I think he is a #3 CB at best. We missed "stone hands turned pro bowler's" coverage ability more than anything else.

Let me guess, you wanted Haynesworth here too.

not for the price we paid for him, no I didnt. But I'd take Talib in a heartbeat. He's young, talented, and looks like he may need a second chance. If he's released, he may give Morris a discount and would step right in as #1 and not cost nearly as much. Talib is a true #1 CB, asked to blanket the top receiver and does a damn good job of it.... but please, continue with your hating

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 11:58 AM ----------

If Morris is hired, maybe he can make our secondary "youngry!" I'm not sure how much of our issues were tied to Slowik vs. lack of talent. Hall is what we knew he is. He's a gambler that gets burned at times and is a play maker at times. I thought Josh Wilson was a liability. I think he is a #3 CB at best. We missed "stone hands turned pro bowler's" coverage ability more than anything else.

check the stats... if anything, Josh Wilson was the only true #1 CB we had...

Amen bro, he's top notch.. Morris wants him back in 2012 with the Bucs, but if Morris is gone, there's no telling if the organization will keep him and Morris could sway him away to DC.... After all, Talib said Morris is "his dog" lol

He isn't a guy you can rely on. If he wanted to come in on a one year contract for near the vet minimum I wouldn't totally hate it but I wouldn't be pumping my fist either. He's a scumbag until he proves otherwise. He has yet to play a 16 game season.

From Steelz twitter:

Jsteelzextreme Jsteelz

Morris would likely get the asst, head coach tag

2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 05:25 PM ----------

Foerster?

I thought so too but the running game came around and he did a decent job with a makeshift OL.

One quick note about assistant coaches, it's not always about the results that we see on the field. While that is ultimately the most important factor, working together as a coaching staff and individual philosophies/personalities do play a role. We only see a small portion of the equation.

I'd be very excited to see what Morris could do with our secondary. All the talent in the world, but I think they are a little lacking in attitude/confidence. A young, fiery guy like Morris would be a great asset.

Why would our DL coach be on the hot seat our D-line was our best unit other than maybe our line backers?

Why?

Because although he didn't do a sucky job per-say

He didn't do a good enough job against the Run & noticed this throughout the season.

Burney didn't do the job myself and Redskins coaching staff probably expected and noticed as well.

They did do a good job, at going after the QB on passing downs. But there were too many times where we gave up ground churning 1st downs that are just unacceptable...specially in the 3-4 Defensive scheme.

The talent is there...

This is why Burney isn't getting a pass from me and I believe the Redskins staff and organization.

(Obviously the secondary is in that same boat. (Which explain Slowik gone as well)

But the D-line has the talent that SHOULD be dominate enough, at holding there opponents at the point of attack.

Creating a wall if you will VS the Run.

Yes,I know London Fletcher had a great season and got robbed for no Pro Bowl

That though imo, is just the proof that Barry Cofield is doing a great job learning on the fly.

But the D-Line as a whole needs an Upgrade at D-line coach.

They need a more players coach/experienced coach to be better with the likes of Cofield, Neild, Jenkins, Carriker?, Bowen,etc.

Which is why I have the thread of us going after former head coach Steve Spagnuola.

That is what the D-line needs as a whole. It doesn't have to be someone who specifically trained in a 3-4 scheme.

Because which Defense is better VS the Run???

3-4 or 4-3?

That's right

the 4-3 is....

Which is why we are targeting a 4-3 coach to teach the D-Line specific stunts and possible use both scheme up front on the D-line (the 3-4 and 4-3 stunts and schemes)

But not just ANY coach...A coach with great experiemnce

Either a former head coach or D-Coordinator

Which is why I suggested Steve Spagnuola & Darrell Green (green for experience as a player and great technique as a DB coach,etc)

Spags as Defensive Lines coach & Defensive Assistant.

I didn't want to explain this, cause I didn't want to waste my time....

But apparently,I had too...with all the criticism I received for suggesting such a blasphemous change/thread here.

So now you guys know...

And apparently, so does the coaching staff

Wilson is the best CB on the team and graded out as one of the better CBs in the league on the ProFootball Focus site. Wilson got better as the season went along. Perhaps you are blaming him for some of the zone catches that were actually the responsibility of the safeties?

Seriously? He made chicken salad from chicken ****! Had 8 different oline starting combos, and had Willie Smith and Tyler Polumbus looking decent at tackle. He should get a freakin raise!

and still I was not impressed with him. Seems neither was San Fran when he left them or they would have found a way to keep him. Can MS just eat crow and call Alex Gibbs and see if he'll come back as OL coach and help out?

---------- Post added January-5th-2012 at 12:48 PM ----------

Wilson is the best CB on the team and graded out as one of the better CBs in the league on the ProFootball Focus site. Wilson got better as the season went along. Perhaps you are blaming him for some of the zone catches that were actually the responsibility of the safeties?

Yeah we seriously need to upgrade our FS/SS position. I like Doughty and Landry but if neither are doing their job or are out of position all the time then they are worthless to us.

3-4 or 4-3?

That's right

the 4-3 is....

Which is why we are targeting a 4-3 coach to teach the D-Line specific stunts and possible use both scheme up front on the D-line (the 3-4 and 4-3 stunts and schemes)

The top 10 run defenses have really been 50-50 the past few years of 3-4 vs. 4-3. If anything 3-4 teams have been more succesful. It seems your argument may be more successful if you did a little research to back up your claims.

The 3rd hot seat HAS to be Danny Smith. His Special Teams routinely show no discipline and often cost us games. Just think about how many missed FGs, or blocked FGs we had this year. You can argue that Smith is not the one blocking or kicking, but its his schemes that are getting blown up and his LACK of coaching that is hurting Gano. Does anyone else think its a cooincidance that every kicker we have SUCKS here, but flourishes somewhere else?

Think about how many returns we have had called back due to block in the back or holding calls. His players must not be geting it because they routinely make the same STUPID mistakes, and their are no changes ever made by Smith.

That being said, Im all for bringing in Morris as a DB coach. If we could get Talib here too, that would be HUGE. Im assuming though that Hall may be cut or traded if that happens due to his contract. I cant imagine the FO would want to pay 2 CBs #1 money?

Then there was 4 on the hotseat? WOW. If I am interpreting right.

Jsteelzextreme Jsteelz

really, people thought Morris for D coord..no no no Haz aint going nowhere....there is 1 , 2 ,3....Now 4 lmao

3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

not for the price we paid for him, no I didnt. But I'd take Talib in a heartbeat. He's young, talented, and looks like he may need a second chance. If he's released, he may give Morris a discount and would step right in as #1 and not cost nearly as much. Talib is a true #1 CB, asked to blanket the top receiver and does a damn good job of it.... but please, continue with your hating

Hating on what?? Did I say one negative thing about Talib? You have your opinion on him, which is very true. Dude has talent.

I just choose character way over talent. I don't think it is hating, I think it is my opinion. Which is what message boards are for. I want nothing to do with him or players like him. And I dont really care to change your opinion to match mine. I trust Shannahan to stay away from players like him.

Why?

Because although he didn't do a sucky job per-say

He didn't do a good enough job against the Run & noticed this throughout the season.

Burney didn't do the job myself and Redskins coaching staff probably expected and noticed as well.

They did do a good job, at going after the QB on passing downs. But there were too many times where we gave up ground churning 1st downs that are just unacceptable...specially in the 3-4 Defensive scheme.

The talent is there...

This is why Burney isn't getting a pass from me and I believe the Redskins staff and organization.

(Obviously the secondary is in that same boat. (Which explain Slowik gone as well)

But the D-line has the talent that SHOULD be dominate enough, at holding there opponents at the point of attack.

Creating a wall if you will VS the Run.

Yes,I know London Fletcher had a great season and got robbed for no Pro Bowl

That though imo, is just the proof that Barry Cofield is doing a great job learning on the fly.

But the D-Line as a whole needs an Upgrade at D-line coach.

They need a more players coach/experienced coach to be better with the likes of Cofield, Neild, Jenkins, Carriker?, Bowen,etc.

Which is why I have the thread of us going after former head coach Steve Spagnuola.

That is what the D-line needs as a whole. It doesn't have to be someone who specifically trained in a 3-4 scheme.

3-4 or 4-3?

That's right

the 4-3 is....

But not just ANY coach...A coach with great experiemnce

Either a former head coach or D-Coordinator

Which is why I suggested Steve Spagnuola & Darrell Green (green for experience as a player and great technique as a DB coach,etc)

Spags as Defensive Lines coach & Defensive Assistant.

I didn't want to explain this, cause I didn't want to waste my time....

But apparently,I had too...with all the criticism I received for suggesting such a blasphemous change/thread here.

So now you guys know...

And apparently, so does the coaching staff

He had 2 new starters, one who had never played the most important position in a 3-4 and no real off season to teach them the scheme.

You acknowledged in your post that Cofield did a great job learning on the fly, who was teaching him on the fly?

Our lack of a run defense is as much if not more on our line backers specifically the inside backers hence our run D got a little better after Rocky Mac got benched.

There is nothing wrong with our D-line they need a full off season to develop.

Oh and there is no way in hell Steve Spagnuola would take a position coach job so get that nonsense out of your head, even if your right and

Jacob Burney does get fired for some strange reason it wont be Spagnuola replacing him.

The team has the makings of a very solid coaching staff. Several of Shanahan's first choices were not available when he was hired, so he had to settle (Foerster instead of Cable, for instance). Hiring Morris would be a very good move on the part of the front office.

Archived