Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Black Monday - Post ALL firings of Coaches and GM's here.

c4man5282

Okay. So far both the Polians are gone in Indy. Jim Caldwell more than likely soon to follow.

Steve Spagnuolo and Billy Devaney are gone in St. Louis.

Tampa Bay let go of Raheem Morris.

Still waiting on word about Norv and/or AJ Smith in San Diego,(apparently Rivers is lobbying hard for Norv's return).

Quite the day so far.

Yeah, I think a regime change in Indy definitely opens doors for a trade.

Like junkies, I would take the opposite approach. Manning is a proven commodity, one any new coach would love to be coming into. Give the new regime Manning and 5 or 6 extra picks over the next 3 years and there could be some fireworks in Indy. They would just take a lower rated QB this year or go QB with one of their firsts next year. :2cents:

I don't know. I agree he'll likely find a job on another team, but I'm not sure how successful he has really been. The Colts D has typically been suspect at best and their O is nothing without Peyton. A lot of teams would slide without their star QB, by I don't know if many would slide as badly as the Colts did. I do give credit to the players that Polian has brought in, and that the Colts' failings in the playoffs may have simply been coaching issues, but the GM has to take blame along with credit. It is very easy to say right now that Peyton Manning kept Polian working and that once he was injured Polian's team essentially was exposed.

Polian has an eye for talent, but I just am not sure at this point if he is good at building an entire team given the collapse of the Colts.

it hasn't just been the colts though...he built that bills team that went to 4 straight super bowls and he turned the panthers from an expansion franchise to a super bowl contender in two years

Was anyone else suprised that Cots let Polian go? Did you see that coming? I thought they would just fire the head coach.

Definitely the right choice. Hire a competent GM to come in and fire your coaching staff and replace them. Polian hasn't had a good draft in about 4 years, at least.

it hasn't just been the colts though...he built that bills team that went to 4 straight super bowls and he turned the panthers from an expansion franchise to a super bowl contender in two years

Those are great points. But my concern was with lately, as not only players but personnel also tend to fade with time. I'm not going to discount the possibility of him bouncing back elsewhere though, because you're right about his overall track record.

Was anyone else suprised that Cots let Polian go? Did you see that coming? I thought they would just fire the head coach.

The only way you find it surprising is if you don't trust people to do the right thing. You can talk all you want about past history, but when a team is heald in high regard falls that hard because of one person missing the season, something is rotten at the core.

Brad Biggs @BradBiggs

BREAKING: Multiple NFL sources tell me Jerry Angelo will not return as #Bears general manager. Story soon at chicagotribune.com

---------- Post added January-3rd-2012 at 10:16 AM ----------

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Jeff Fisher interviewing with the Dolphins today. Arrived in a helicopter with Dolphins owner Stephen Ross.

Matt Miller @nfldraftscout

Sounds like Jeff Fisher is interviewing in Miami today. That makes Dolphins and Rams he's interviewed with

Brad Biggs @BradBiggs

BREAKING: Multiple NFL sources tell me Jerry Angelo will not return as #Bears general manager. Story soon at chicagotribune.com

That's a little surprising, considering the Bears lost Forte AND Cutler (something like 70% of their offense) halfway through the season.

That's a little surprising, considering the Bears lost Forte AND Cutler (something like 70% of their offense) halfway through the season.

It probably goes deeper than just this season, considering that the Bears offense has ranked at the bottom third of the league for the past 5 years, despite getting Forte and Cutler. It also hasn't helped that the defense hasn't been all that great either in recent years.

It probably goes deeper than just this season, considering that the Bears offense has ranked at the bottom third of the league for the past 5 years, despite getting Forte and Cutler. It also hasn't helped that the defense hasn't been all that great either in recent years.

That's true. They have needed a real #1 receiver since...1962

Colts more than likely to get rid of Caldwell (shocker, I know :ols:)

http://prod.danpatrick.com/2012/01/03/phillip-b-wilson-says-colts-will-hire-new-coach/

---------- Post added January-3rd-2012 at 10:50 AM ----------

Vikings promote Rick Spielman to GM per PFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/03/vikings-promote-rick-spielman-to-general-manager/

Hmmm, you learn something new everyday. I was just jokin with LKB though. I rather do enjoy the changes in the NFL Front offices. Especially when for once I have confidence in the front office for my team.

I'm in the same boat as you. I love seeing other teams scramble around in panic for a change. It's a little comforting :D

Archived